Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Taxes.
Topic Summary: Amazon and trump.
Created On: 04/21/2019 11:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/21/2019 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They don't pay taxes. The idea is that it's legal to avoid any taxes on the profits you make with the help of an army of accountants relying on a series of loopholes and losses. It's business. You don't give away money you are not legally required to. But at what point do you recognize that your taking from the country that allows you to reap those profits forces that country to support its roads, police, court systems, fireman, food safety, trash pickup and everything else with tax revenues from people who make exponentially less and actually pY taxes. It's a question about whether you contribute to your country or you don't based on the law or something more, like fairness.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/21/2019 06:12 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

it's O.K.

I own stock in Amazon.
 04/22/2019 06:53 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy They don't pay taxes. The idea is that it's legal to avoid any taxes on the profits you make with the help of an army of accountants relying on a series of loopholes and losses. It's business. You don't give away money you are not legally required to. But at what point do you recognize that your taking from the country that allows you to reap those profits forces that country to support its roads, police, court systems, fireman, food safety, trash pickup and everything else with tax revenues from people who make exponentially less and actually pY taxes. It's a question about whether you contribute to your country or you don't based on the law or something more, like fairness.
The problem lies with Congress, not Amazon. Not a single person on here would pay a penny if they didn't have to. Politicians get a double benefit from having the tax laws as they are. They get campaign donations from the Amazons of the world and can rail against the Amazons of the world.

I :heart; Q
 04/22/2019 07:34 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

They don't pay taxes. The idea is that it's legal to avoid any taxes on the profits you make with the help of an army of accountants relying on a series of loopholes and losses. It's business. You don't give away money you are not legally required to. But at what point do you recognize that your taking from the country that allows you to reap those profits forces that country to support its roads, police, court systems, fireman, food safety, trash pickup and everything else with tax revenues from people who make exponentially less and actually pY taxes. It's a question about whether you contribute to your country or you don't based on the law or something more, like fairness.

The problem lies with Congress, not Amazon. Not a single person on here would pay a penny if they didn't have to. Politicians get a double benefit from having the tax laws as they are. They get campaign donations from the Amazons of the world and can rail against the Amazons of the world.

Bullshit, it is our responsibility as Americans to pay in to keep our country running smooth and fair.

Only a cheap fuck would be too greedy to pay nothing. You want free, go to Somalia.

I was right.
 04/22/2019 07:58 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Bullshit, it is our responsibility as Americans to pay in to keep our country running smooth and fair.

Then what happened to Obama?

The most corrupt President EVER!

FACT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/22/2019 08:15 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Paying your fair share of taxes is the responsibility of all honest Americans.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/22/2019 08:50 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: Fish KillerThen what happened to Obama?
and how does that have ANYTHING to do with this thread?
 04/22/2019 09:30 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I agree they can make the pay through reforms and changes to tax law, but as it stands if you can legally not pay taxes- you are winning big

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 04/22/2019 09:57 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Plan B

Originally posted by: Fish KillerThen what happened to Obama?

and how does that have ANYTHING to do with this thread? [IMG][/IMG]

You dont obviously READ so well!

Fool!

You forgot this part too!

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Obama?

The most corrupt President EVER!

FACT!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 09:58 AM by Fish Killer
 04/22/2019 11:05 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Paying your fair share of taxes is the responsibility of all honest Americans.
No it isn't. Our responsibility ends with paying what we owe. If anything, I'd say paying as few taxes as possible is the responsibility of all honest Americans. I'd also argue that it is our responsibility to encourage the gov't to cut taxes.

04/22/2019 12:13 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

No it isn't. Our responsibility ends with paying what we owe. If anything, I'd say paying as few taxes as possible is the responsibility of all honest Americans. I'd also argue that it is our responsibility to encourage the gov't to cut taxes.

And you'd be wrong. By your ethic no one should serve in the military unless it's for money or self promotion, or do anything that isn't blatantly in their self interest. That's unamerican. At least it once was.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/22/2019 01:46 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Paying your fair share of taxes is the responsibility of all honest Americans.
And you'd be wrong. By your ethic no one should serve in the military unless it's for money or self promotion, or do anything that isn't blatantly in their self interest. That's unamerican. At least it once was.
Being in the military or not has nothing to do with paying taxes. I'd remind you that we started the Revolutionary War over taxes. So, it once was that paying taxes was unAmerican. The progs of the day back in 1776 wanted to pay more taxes and were traitors. Not much has changed, have they?

04/23/2019 10:51 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Gasp, I agree with Tpap, I am only paying what the gov't says I have to pay and not a penny more. With that said, a tax break for the people who need it least is dumb.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/23/2019 11:03 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo So, it once was that paying taxes was unAmerican.[/quote] Actually the colonies were being soaked in taxes to pay for the Crown's wars elsewhere and the colonies had no representation in England government. That is kind of what is going on now, especially with the latest tax cut. Our feudal lords are trying to push the tax burden down onto us wage earning serfs and small merchants while they enjoy the spoils of war and our military might and adventure overseas.

04/23/2019 11:05 AM

RustyTruck

Being in the military or not has nothing to do with paying taxes. I'd remind you that we started the Revolutionary War over taxes. So, it once was that paying taxes was unAmerican. The progs of the day back in 1776 wanted to pay more taxes and were traitors. Not much has changed, have they?

As I recall it had something to do with representation in relation to taxation, but no matter.

IMHO, we probably would have been better off as part of the British Empire. Slavery would have ended sooner, we'd have a national healthcare system, and emigration to New Zealand would be easier.

04/23/2019 11:07 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo The progs of the day back in 1776 wanted to pay more taxes and were traitors.
The 'progs' back then were the revolutionaries that didn't want to pay tribute to the king so he could go to war with Spain. That is where we are now. Huge multinational companies control all the wealth and want our military to protect their assets and supply chains overseas. They want to use our infrastructure. But they want us plebes to pay the bill and hope they throw us a crumb or two.

04/23/2019 12:56 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo The progs of the day back in 1776 wanted to pay more taxes and were traitors.

The 'progs' back then were the revolutionaries that didn't want to pay tribute to the king so he could go to war with Spain. That is where we are now. Huge multinational companies control all the wealth and want our military to protect their assets and supply chains overseas. They want to use our infrastructure. But they want us plebes to pay the bill and hope they throw us a crumb or two.

And they continue to sucker the MAGA dotards...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/23/2019 02:02 PM

Fish Killer

LIAR!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/23/2019 08:23 PM

Cole

LIAR!

If the mega corporations pay no taxes, who pays the infrastructure bill?

How many Amazon truck use publicly funded highways and roads? Walmart? UPS? The 50 others?

I was right.

Edited: 04/23/2019 at 08:24 PM by Cole
 04/23/2019 08:27 PM

Fish Killer

LIAR!

If the mega corporations pay no taxes, who pays the infrastructure bill?

How many Amazon truck use publicly funded highways and roads? Walmart? UPS? The 50 others?

There were no 'mega' corporations back then!

IDIOT!

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Taxes.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .