Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I'll be 78.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/22/2019 11:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2019 11:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

SS to go bust in 2015. The moral is the story is to never count on the gov't to fulfill its promises to take care of our welfare without going broke. Now, some of you won't agree and will vote for medicare for all, free college, guaranteed jobs and such. You will ultimately be screwed if you get what you want. At least, in the case of SS, I figured that it would go broke and saved and invested accordingly. You young 'uns won't have that opportunity because the gov't will take that extra money in the form of taxes, telling you that you won't need it because it will take care of everything.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 04/22/2019 11:35 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

2035, like I told a younger person recently, keep contributing, I need to collect at least some of what I put in for those 50 ish years! Unlike some lib's on here that say that it is an entitlement like welfare!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 11:36 AM by crankit
 04/22/2019 11:55 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Gee, I wonder what happened to all that money? I remember, The fiscally sound party of the gubmint used it to pay for all the illegal wars.
 04/22/2019 11:57 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Wait, you post about Amazon and Trump paying no taxes, then complain that the government which your people currently control (and are spending money like sailors on leave) can't be counted on to live up to it's obligations?

This is typical pug tactics, under fund social programs, pocket the cash, then point at them and say "See! Can't trust the government".

We ARE the government, or at least we're supposed to be before it was sold off to the oligarchs. 1% controls 90% of the wealth, but there's no money for SS and Healthcare. Bullshit.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/22/2019 12:11 PM

crankit

Wasn't it the democrats that started "re-purposing" The S/S fund?

04/22/2019 12:18 PM

crankit

1968: raided the Trust Fund to help pay for the Vietnam War
Today, the federal government automatically puts all of the money that should be set aside for the Social Security Trust Fund into the General Fund. Raiding the Social Security Trust Fund was a precedent set in 1968 by another progressive president, Lyndon B. Johnson, to help pay for the Vietnam War. To date, the federal government has borrowed over $2 trillion from the Social Security Trust Fund to spend on other programs.
Contrary to what many Americans believe and what progressives love to say, there is no money in the Trust Fund to pay future benefits. Furthermore, the fundamentally flawed program faces a severe demographic crisis as members of the baby boom generation begin to retire. The mess we face with Social Security, a program so many are now dependent on, is yet another example of a failed progressive policy, where the potential for unintended consequences was ignored at the program's inception. [See FactCheck on this issue].

04/22/2019 12:26 PM

RustyTruck

More lies

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jo...ity-isnt-going-broke/

One of the ugliest tropes in American politics is to say "Social Security is going broke." Although there are structural funding problems with the system, to say that the nation's most successful annuity program is going bust is a lie. It can be fixed and only politics blocks a reasonable remedy.

But that didn't stop dozens of Fox News outlets from proclaiming otherwise. They got their facts wrong and wanted to scare people without providing context.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/22/2019 12:38 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

More lies

">http://www.forbes.com/sites/jo...oing-broke/

One of the ugliest tropes in American politics is to say "Social Security is going broke." Although there are structural funding problems with the system, to say that the nation's most successful annuity program is going bust is a lie. It can be fixed and only politics blocks a reasonable remedy.

But that didn't stop dozens of Fox News outlets from proclaiming otherwise. They got their facts wrong and wanted to scare people without providing context.

Awwwwww....darn...you FORGOT this SHIT (in your OWN post)!

"Two parts of this report are false. 1) The Social Security trust fund will not be depleted in 2022, as implied by this statement. 2) The trust fund will remain solvent until 2034, not 2022. This is not my math, it's what the latest Social Security Trustees annual report states.

Soooooooo....Fox was SPOT ON!

"Social Security shortfall: Trust fund to run dry in 2035, trustees predict"

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 12:39 PM by Fish Killer
 04/22/2019 12:52 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Wait, you post about Amazon and Trump paying no taxes, then complain that the government which your people currently control (and are spending money like sailors on leave) can't be counted on to live up to it's obligations?
Two entirely different situations. Everyone pays SS taxes, Amazon included. SS isn't going bankrupt due to someone not paying into the system therefore. It is going bankrupt despite that. That emphasizes my original point.

04/22/2019 12:54 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck More lies http://www.forbes.com/sites/jo...ty-isnt-going-broke/ One of the ugliest tropes in American politics is to say "Social Security is going broke." Although there are structural funding problems with the system, to say that the nation's most successful annuity program is going bust is a lie. It can be fixed and only politics blocks a reasonable remedy. But that didn't stop dozens of Fox News outlets from proclaiming otherwise. They got their facts wrong and wanted to scare people without providing context.
Ss's Trustees are saying that.

04/22/2019 01:45 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I don't really hear many voices encouraging younger people to save that much or contribute to IRA's or 401k's. I hope people aren't planning on just depending on SS for their retirement.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/22/2019 01:54 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Sniper I don't really hear many voices encouraging younger people to save that much or contribute to IRA's or 401k's. I hope people aren't planning on just depending on SS for their retirement.
That's what I was saying. Nobody will be able to save for retirement if dems get their way and raise taxes to pay for all the "free" stuff. It is hard enough to save with the tax rates we have now.

04/22/2019 04:08 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Sounds like we should give a big tax break to the 1%! Oh wait...

04/22/2019 06:12 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If only the wealth creators could trickle on these poor people.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/22/2019 06:36 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Bush borrowed $700 billion from the SS trust fund. Funny kkk failed to mention that.

I was right.
 04/22/2019 06:38 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Not to mention he and Reagan used the surplus to pay for tax cuts.

Want fiscal security, don't listen to Republicans.

I was right.
 04/22/2019 06:41 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Wait, you post about Amazon and Trump paying no taxes, then complain that the government which your people currently control (and are spending money like sailors on leave) can't be counted on to live up to it's obligations?

Two entirely different situations. Everyone pays SS taxes, Amazon included. SS isn't going bankrupt due to someone not paying into the system therefore. It is going bankrupt despite that. That emphasizes my original point.

You suggest people should avoid taxes, then complain that the government is raiding SS? You don't see the relationship?

04/22/2019 07:27 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

We're talking Clown Logic here, Rusty

04/23/2019 05:19 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, , , , how can we say that we "are not going broke" when we have a deficit of how many Trillions?

Dora Hates You
 04/23/2019 05:20 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: fishkller

Sounds like we should give a big tax break to the 1%! Oh wait...

SS taxes have basically stayed the same for the last 20-30 years. Sounds like people need some education regarding saving money. People need to determine what kind of life they would like to have when they retire and figure out if maxing out a 401k at $18,500 per year plus Social Security will even get you there. Without some education then I predict we are going to have some really poor old people when the tail end of the GenX'ers and the Millenials start approaching retirement age. The amount of whining and demands from these grown millennials is going to be off the charts. Right now more than half of these men and women-children between the ages of 21 and 37 are still relying on their parents for financial assistance to maintain their lifestyle.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 04/23/2019 at 05:27 AM by Sniper
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : I'll be 78.

1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .