Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Dems must be getting desparate for votes?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/24/2019 11:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/24/2019 11:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Some of their leading Turd Brains are talking about letting felons IN PRISON vote!!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/24/2019 11:54 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Tpap beat you to it, but this isn't really unusual in the world.

If the prison population of your country is so large that they would change the outcome of an election, you're living in a police state.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-20447504

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/24/2019 12:01 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

No, you are living in a country with a lot of CRIMINALS!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/24/2019 12:11 PM

RustyTruck

Yes, clearly. On both sides of the bars.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/24/2019 12:19 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

desparate (sic)? no. The latest Faux news poll shows there is no reason to be desperate. Everything the old (largely no college) white guys in the GOP like is disliked by the rest of the population. That's good news for Americans.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-document-4-18

Link here

Check question 18 on whether Americans think immigrants help or hurt the country.

Dingbat makes a claim and posts no link.

Edited: 04/24/2019 at 12:20 PM by Greensleeves
 04/24/2019 02:04 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Dems are the party of sociopaths, freaks, weirdos and perverts. No wonder that half their base is or has been in prison. The other half is receiving psychiatric help, or at least they should be.

I :heart; Q
 04/24/2019 03:18 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

desparate (sic)? no. The latest Faux news poll shows there is no reason to be desperate. Everything the old (largely no college) white guys in the GOP like is disliked by the rest of the population. That's good news for Americans.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-document-4-18

Link here

Check question 18 on whether Americans think immigrants help or hurt the country.

Dingbat makes a claim and posts no link.

Well, yeah. Hardly anyone opposes legal immigration. When people use "immigration" interchangeably with illegal immigration, it makes it look like they are trying to pull a fast one people or it looks like they themselves are in fact kind of stupid.

Democrats definitely look desperate. They are proposing "solutions" that cause way more problems than they solve. Reparations for example. How the hell do you decide who gets paid and who pays when only a small percentage of people owned slaves? How do you decide how much to pay? Just talking about this is desperate pandering for votes. Another example would be free college for all. How the hell do you pay for it? What do you say to the guy who only has a few thousand dollars left to pay on his student loan or the guy who just paid his off? The Green New Deal opens dozens of cans of worms by itself.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/24/2019 04:31 PM

RustyTruck

Did chattel slavery benefit only the owner of the slave? Or did slave labor build the infrastructure of commerce and production which produced wealth for the nation?

You pay for education and the new deal with progressive taxation like we had during the most prosperous periods of American history. The 1% is sucking the blood of the workers. Time to slap that mosquito.

04/25/2019 04:38 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/25/2019 04:55 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Bernie is one of 19 candidates.

...or does Joe make 20?

The other question is why do Republicans want to make crimes a voting penalty for life?

As far as legal immigration, Trump's lead adviser doesn't want that either. According to him - through Trump - the country is full.

Do you people ever pay attention to anything?

I was right.

Edited: 04/25/2019 at 04:55 AM by Cole
 04/25/2019 05:50 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

When and who passed the felon voting law?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/25/2019 06:20 AM

3rdworldlover

Shouldn't we be a lot more concerned with all of the actions by the GOP to discourage voter registration and turnout?
 04/25/2019 06:25 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

to discourage voter registration and turnout?

Like requiring an ID? I'm not 'GOP' but I don't have a problem with that. You need an ID for pretty much anything, requiring one for something as important as voting seems reasonable. But then again, I'd support requiring anybody that votes must pass a basic civics and economics test, too.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 04/25/2019 06:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Shouldn't we be a lot more concerned with all of the actions by the GOP to discourage voter registration and turnout?
Why would we? If it discourages the registration of idiots who can't figure how to register to vote, I am all for it. Don't want those people voting anyway.

04/25/2019 07:05 AM

RustyTruck

Automated purges of the voter rolls have disenfranchised a lot of legitimate voters, moving polling places to remote locations, voter intimidation, etc.

04/25/2019 07:20 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

If the Dems were hurting for votes, they would be eager take up Drumpf's offer to let in all those immigrants into their sactuary cities, and take part in all of that voter fraud that keeps going on.

But wait... that debunks Drumpf's claim that illegals are voting... OOPS!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/25/2019 07:25 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Automated purges of the voter rolls have disenfranchised a lot of legitimate voters, moving polling places to remote locations, voter intimidation, etc.
Good. You know, even as dumb as I supposedly am, I can re-register if I get purged, find my polling place, get there and resist the prog poll disrupters to vote. You have to be a four star imbecile to not be able to do that. But that is the prog base, isn't it? Just think, if I were a prog, I'd be a star.

04/25/2019 08:03 AM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

to discourage voter registration and turnout?

Like requiring an ID? I'm not 'GOP' but I don't have a problem with that. You need an ID for pretty much anything, requiring one for something as important as voting seems reasonable. But then again, I'd support requiring anybody that votes must pass a basic civics and economics test, too.

The instance of legitimate voters without a photo ID is far greater than the very rare instance of voter fraud, and they're all most likely to be low income and/or minorities. So the purpose of the law is obviously to reduce turnout of a targeted demographic, but it's packaged and sold as something else.

For example, in Texas, over one million out of thirteen million eligible voters don't have a photo ID, while an investigation of voter fraud from 2002-2012 found two cases of voter impersonation. So, one million voters thrown out to prevent something that might happen once or twice a decade.

The GOP is also purging voter rolls at the last minute, minimizing early and absentee voting and limiting polling hours and locations to create long lines in urban areas, supplying disinformation about voting procedures, blocking felons that have served their dues, transgender disenfranchisement, implementing laws to impede registration, and limiting resources in urban areas (see Palm Beach County request for new machines denied for three years, and GA blocking supplies such as power cords).
 04/25/2019 08:13 AM

RustyTruck

There is a nation wide Republican effort to suppress minority votes.

The GOP has to cheat to win.

04/25/2019 08:55 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck There is a nation wide Republican effort to suppress minority votes. The GOP has to cheat to win.
There is a nationwide dem/press effort to suppress deplorable votes. You worried about that? Nope, you support it. So why do you think we would give a damn about your voters.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .