Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump's fixer/RNC Finance Chairman/VP of Trump Organization
Topic Summary: on his way to prison
Created On: 05/06/2019 07:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/06/2019 07:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Cohen doing "hard time" for Individual 1.

I hear it's one of those luxury prisons for rich white men.

Edited: 05/06/2019 at 07:50 AM by 3rdworldlover
 05/06/2019 08:08 AM

3rdworldlover

'BLIND LOYALTY'

In congressional testimony in February in Washington, Cohen said, "I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump's illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience. I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is. He is a racist. He is a con man. He is a cheat."

During his sentencing in December in New York, Cohen said, "My weakness can be characterized as a blind loyalty to Donald Trump, and I was weak for not having the strength to question and to refuse his demands. I have already spent years living a personal and mental incarceration."

"I hope that when I rejoin my family and friends that the country will be in a place without xenophobia, injustice and lies at the helm of our country," Cohen told a crush of camera crews and reporters gathered on the sidewalk. "There still remains much to be told and I look forward to the day that I can share the truth."

http://www.reuters.com/article...mp-cohen-idUSKCN1SC0RZ
 05/06/2019 08:53 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Cohen doing "hard time" for Individual 1. I hear it's one of those luxury prisons for rich white men.
He is doing hard time for 5 counts of tax evasion and one for bank fraud. Trump had nothing to do with that. The other charge that he pled to - campaign violations and lying to Congress - wouldn't have gotten him a minute in prison in most circumstances. Tax evasion and bank fraud are a different story. You tend to get time for those.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 05/06/2019 09:05 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Cohen doing "hard time" for Individual 1.

I hear it's one of those luxury prisons for rich white men.

He is doing hard time for 5 counts of tax evasion and one for bank fraud. Trump had nothing to do with that. The other charge that he pled to - campaign violations and lying to Congress - wouldn't have gotten him a minute in prison in most circumstances. Tax evasion and bank fraud are a different story. You tend to get time for those.

Why are all "the best people" going to jail?
 05/06/2019 09:09 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He deserved more time. His new anti-trump stance is about as credible as his past "I would take a bullet for him" pro trump stance. He was easily manipulated, greedy and a bully. No wonder Trump sought him out and used him for so many years.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/06/2019 09:21 AM

3rdworldlover

Tax evasion and bank fraud skills are prerequisites for financial managers within the RNC and Trump Org.
 05/06/2019 09:43 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I wonder how shocked the Mueller team was when they raided Cohen's office and still didn't have anything to charge Trump with. They surely had to have thought that they would find the goods on Cohen and all they ended up with was some low-level white-collar crime and hearing where Cohen confirmed that he the dossier was still shit because he had never been to Prague and that he had never heard anything about Trump colluding with Russia. If Trump is as crooked as the Democrats would like us to believe, then how do you raid his lawyer's office and still end up with nothing? Yeah, I think it was exposed that Trump has similar sexual appetites to JFK and Bill Clinton but people have been conditioned over the years to basically expect this behavior from the rich and powerful. By "over the years" I'm basically talking about since humans could speak to each other.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/06/2019 10:06 AM

Greensleeves

Sniper blinded by the right.

In the Cohen investigation Meuller found evidence that corroborated that Trump directed Cohen to payoff the hookers he cheated with in order to avoid bad publicity during the campaign.

Sniper calls that nothing because he is a morally bereft as the rest of the steaming pile that is the GOP
 05/06/2019 10:14 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

I never knew that the term "drain the swamp" meant that these "swampers" were being hired by Drumpf instead of fired...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 05/06/2019 10:21 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Sniper blinded by the right.

In the Cohen investigation Meuller found evidence that corroborated that Trump directed Cohen to payoff the hookers he cheated with in order to avoid bad publicity during the campaign.

Sniper calls that nothing because he is a morally bereft as the rest of the steaming pile that is the GOP

Probably embarrassing for Trump but it doesn't affect me. You are talking about tabloid stuff. I care about things like the economic standing and stability of the country.

I care more about the government violating attorney/client privilege by raiding Cohen's office than I do about what they found. That actually could affect future Presidents and private citizens.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

05/06/2019 10:36 AM

Greensleeves

Sniper is mad at the jack booted thugs for raiding Cohen's office! But he digs it if the jack booted thugs go into someone's house looking for an illegal. That affects private citizens right?

Normal person: "Wow our President is a lying $hithead and tweets bullcrap daily."

GOP person: "I have a job so it's OK"

05/06/2019 10:41 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Cohen doing "hard time" for Individual 1. I hear it's one of those luxury prisons for rich white men.
They aren't. Cohen was never part of the administration. Flynn was the only one.

05/06/2019 10:44 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Sniper is mad at the jack booted thugs for raiding Cohen's office! But he digs it if the jack booted thugs go into someone's house looking for an illegal. That affects private citizens right? Normal person: "Wow our President is a lying $hithead and tweets bullcrap daily." GOP person: "I have a job so it's OK"
What does attorney-client privilege have to do with deporting illegal aliens, Clayton?

05/06/2019 12:13 PM

Sniper

Sniper is mad at the jack booted thugs for raiding Cohen's office! But he digs it if the jack booted thugs go into someone's house looking for an illegal. That affects private citizens right?

Normal person: "Wow our President is a lying $hithead and tweets bullcrap daily."

GOP person: "I have a job so it's OK"

Yeah, I have no idea where you are going with that analogy. Those two scenarios have nothing to do with each other.

The Democrats are pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable and what is funny is that the people saying that the raid on Cohen's office was no big deal will be the ones crying the loudest when the lawyer of a Democrat President gets raided in the future. You have pretty much just guaranteed that it will.

It seems like some people really get off on this tabloid stuff. The sex scandals and fake spy novels that the mainstream media has been feeding you for two years. I would imagine that those same people also love watching professional wrestling and Bravo. I think this shit is an annoying distraction. Unfortunately, I don't see a way back to the way politics or the media was perceived before this election. Trump's unconventional ways have driven those on the left and in the media completely batshit crazy. People have gotten wise to the methods and tactics that have always worked for the media to take people out in the past and nothing seems to phase Trump.

05/06/2019 02:35 PM

Greensleeves

Obtuse GOP stalwarts say, "Reasoning is hard!" They are perfect for the dumbed down GOP, obviously they have been asked to rescind all education and rejoice in that.

The raid on Cohen's office was done by officials of the Federal Government that had a burden of proof to provide in order to obtain a warrant. It wasn't done by Democrats though if the Donald tweeted as much tspank and sniper would fall all over themselves arguing that was the case.

If you present a fact to them they say it's tabloid fodder! Example - Trump aided his under brained son in concocting a letter about the Russia meeting that was a fabrication. That isn't tabloid news. That is a documented obfuscation of the truth created by the President.

What should be an embarrassment to the GOP (the Twitler Administration) is now an excuse for them to throw in all semblance of trying to be human. Lazy.
 05/06/2019 02:55 PM

Sniper

If you present a fact to them they say it's tabloid fodder! Example - Trump aided his under brained son in concocting a letter about the Russia meeting that was a fabrication. That isn't tabloid news. That is a documented obfuscation of the truth created by the President.

It looks like the media is rushing to do some CYA on the Papadopoulos setup.

I would keep my eye on that Trump Tower meeting and the Russian lawyer who met with Glenn Simpson, from Fusion GPS the day before the meeting, took information to the meeting that Simpson provided to present at the meeting, and then had dinner with Simpson the following night.

The big story here is not that Trump helped his son craft a letter.

Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .