Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Yang in the top ten list of Dems now
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/23/2019 09:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2019 09:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

How are you boys going to spend your $1000/month "freedom dividend"?

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/23/2019 12:43 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Who's going to pay for it, and how will Bill Gates figure that into his taxes?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/23/2019 01:04 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck How are you boys going to spend your $1000/month "freedom dividend"?
He is going to pay everyone a thousand bucks? Does he expect that to get him votes? "Hey, everyone, if you give me a thousand bucks, I will give it back to you." Do progs buy that sort of thing? Sigh, I reckon they do.

I :heart; Q
 05/23/2019 01:16 PM

RustyTruck

He's a capitalist technocrat. A LOT of his supporters are trumpists.
He doesn't have much support from the left because we think his plan is just to create more consumers to preserve capitalism. He talks a mean game though.

Here's from his website:

HOW WOULD WE PAY FOR UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME?
December 28, 2017 by Leave a Comment

It would be easier than you might think. Andrew proposes funding UBI by consolidating some welfare programs and implementing a Value-Added Tax (VAT) of 10%. Current welfare and social program beneficiaries would be given a choice between their current benefits or $1,000 cash unconditionally - most would prefer cash with no restriction.

A Value-Added Tax (VAT) is a tax on the production of goods or services a business produces. It is a fair tax and it makes it much harder for large corporations, who are experts at hiding profits and income, to avoid paying their fair share. A VAT is nothing new. 160 out of 193 countries in the world already have a Value-Added Tax or something similar, including all of Europe which has an average VAT of 20 percent.

The means to pay for a Universal Basic Income will come from 4 sources:

1. Current spending. We currently spend between $500 and $600 billion a year on welfare programs, food stamps, disability and the like. This reduces the cost of Universal Basic Income because people already receiving benefits would have a choice but would be ineligible to receive the full $1,000 in addition to current benefits.

2. A VAT. Our economy is now incredibly vast at $19 trillion, up $4 trillion in the last 10 years alone. A VAT at half the European level would generate $800 billion in new revenue. A VAT will become more and more important as technology improves because you cannot collect income tax from robots or software.

3. New revenue. Putting money into the hands of American consumers would grow the economy. The Roosevelt Institute projected that the economy would grow by approximately $2.5 trillion and create 4.6 million new jobs. This would generate approximately $500 - 600 billion in new revenue from economic growth and activity.

4. We currently spend over one trillion dollars on health care, incarceration, homelessness services and the like. We would save $100 - 200 billion as people would take better care of themselves and avoid the emergency room, jail, and the street and would generally be more functional. Universal Basic Income would pay for itself by helping people avoid our institutions, which is when our costs shoot up. Some studies have shown that $1 to a poor parent will result in as much as $7 in cost-savings and economic growth.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 05/23/2019 at 01:18 PM by RustyTruck
 05/23/2019 01:36 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Maybe he will pay foreskin reparations to those robbed of their foreskins when he outlaws circumcision.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/23/2019 02:03 PM

RustyTruck

I'm unfamiliar with his penis policies. You're a fan of the foreskin?

05/23/2019 02:53 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

implementing a Value-Added Tax (VAT) of 10%.
Nope. If we would do away with the income tax by amending the Constitution, I'd be interested. But as it is, the VAT would be 10%, then 12% , then 14% and on and on. Anytime conservatives listened to the people and cut it, the dems and progs would scream "tax cuts for the rich." Screw that.
3. New revenue. Putting money into the hands of American consumers would grow the economy. The Roosevelt Institute projected that the economy would grow by approximately $2.5 trillion and create 4.6 million new jobs. This would generate approximately $500 - 600 billion in new revenue from economic growth and activity.
5.2 million jobs have been created under Trump. Let's just cut taxes again instead.

I :heart; Q
 05/23/2019 03:14 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I'm unfamiliar with his penis policies. You're a fan of the foreskin?
A challenger enters the ring...
 05/24/2019 06:43 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Yang is a big fan of it. He wants to make sure all boys have them.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/24/2019 08:06 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Yang is a big fan of it. He wants to make sure all boys have them.

Well whatever you do, don't Google "yang foreskin". FWIW male circumcision has no clinical value.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .