Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A view from the moon
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2019 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2019 06:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Armstrong announced to the world, "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." I recall those words vividly as they were broadcast worldwide.
Charles Duke, CAPCOM during the landing operation, acknowledged their landing, saying, "Roger, Tranquility, we copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We're breathing again. Thanks a lot!" (In 1972, Duke would commanded the Apollo 16 mission, becoming the tenth of 12 astronauts to walk on the moon before NASA discontinued the moon missions.)
On the moon's surface, Buzz Aldrin recounted: "A little while after our scheduled meal period, Neil would give the signal to step down the ladder onto the powdery surface of the moon. Now was the moment for communion. So I unstowed the elements in their flight packets. I put them and the Scripture reading on the little table in front of the abort guidance system computer. ... Then I called back to Houston. 'Houston, this is Eagle. This is the LM Pilot speaking. I would like to request a few moments of silence. I would like to invite each person listening in, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to invite each person listening, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his own individual way.' ... I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me. In the one-sixth gravity of the moon the wine curled slowly and gracefully up the side of the cup. It was interesting to think that the very first liquid ever poured on the moon, and the first food eaten there, were communion elements."
Aldrin continued: "Just before I partook of the elements, I read the words which I had chosen to indicate our trust that as man probes into space we are in fact acting in Christ. ... I sensed especially strongly my unity with our church back home, and with the Church everywhere. I read: 'I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.'" Six hours after landing, Armstrong became the first person to step onto the lunar surface, joined by Aldrin 20 minutes later.
As he stepped from the Eagle's ladder to the moon, Armstrong said famously, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." The two men explored the moon for about two hours and 15 minutes, collecting 21.5 kgs of lunar material and deploying an American flag. Before departing the moon, Armstrong broadcast to the world, "To all the other people that are listening and watching tonight, God bless you. Good night from Apollo 11."
After 21 hours and 37 minutes on the lunar surface, they launched the Eagle back into space and successfully reunited with Collins in the command module Columbia. Together they returned to earth, splashing down in the Pacific on July 24th.
In his memoirs, Charles Duke wrote of his mission: "In 1972 aboard Apollo 16, I saw with my own eyes what is written in the Scriptures. In Isaiah 40:22 it says 'It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth.' And in Job 26:7, it is written 'He hangeth the earth upon nothing.' Who told Isaiah that the earth was a circle? ... And how did the writer of Job know that the earth hung upon nothing? ... This is the Lord I love and serve. This is the Lord who transformed by life. This is the Lord who transformed my marriage. ... I used to say I could live ten thousand years and never have an experience as thrilling as walking on the moon. But the excitement and satisfaction of that walk doesn't begin to compare with my walk with Jesus, a walk that lasts forever. I thought Apollo 16 would be my crowning glory, but the crown that Jesus gives will not tarnish or fade away. His crown will last throughout all eternity. ... Not everyone has the opportunity to walk on the moon, but everybody has the opportunity to walk with the Son. It costs billions of dollars to send someone to the moon, but walking with Jesus is free, the Gift of God. 'For by Grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.'"

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/23/2019 05:53 AM

crankit

Remember NASA was a Racist, Gynophobic organization according to modern libs!

07/23/2019 06:24 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

spankit losing it. I wonder what climate deniers like spankit think of this?

NASA unequivocally links climate change to man

NASA has a long history of inclusion and will forge ahead with viewpoints and science that far exceed the grasp of most twitler fan boys.

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 06:26 AM by Greensleeves
 07/23/2019 06:36 AM

crankit

I think it's not in the right topic!

07/23/2019 06:51 AM

Greensleeves

The right topic? spankit mixes a man's musings on the Lord with the endeavor to visit the moon. So that's two topics at least.

NASA is the organization that went to the moon showing amazing strength and science which they continue to this day. They also say we are f-ing the environment.

spankit's imperial leader doesn't believe NASA. He bases that disbelief on paid shills funded by oil companies that make the slap chop guy look a peer and spankit agrees. Pretty much shows some $hit judgement on their part.
 07/23/2019 08:07 AM

crankit

Greensnot can't understand history as it was what the astronauts said and did on the mission!
The culture that put men on the moon was intense, fun, family-unfriendly, and mostly white and male https://t.co/x5vQBuU4IN - The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) July 16, 2019

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 08:10 AM by crankit
 07/23/2019 08:21 AM

Greensleeves

spankit's bubble is so tiny it cuts off his air supply.

Myself? I watched the lunar landing live on tv at Grandma's house while my Navy vet Dad was awaiting deployment. I've sang/heard the Star Spangled banner more times than twtiler has forced himself on a woman/girl and that is a lot! I stand against racist misogynist loons like twitler and by extension his cruddy followers.
 07/23/2019 08:26 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Barry- just stop it. Just.. stop.

When America was "great"
 07/23/2019 09:28 AM

crankit

Aren't you just special!

07/23/2019 09:40 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: fishkller

Barry- just stop it. Just.. stop.

That didnt work last time what makes you think that dumbshit ploy would work...EVER?!?!

Oh wait...you're a prog commie demoshit.

That explains it!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/23/2019 01:33 PM

fishkller

Both of you- Barry, Lyin Fish... just stop already

When America was "great"
 07/23/2019 01:34 PM

Fish Killer

Both of you- Barry, Lyin Fish... just stop already

That didnt work any of the numerous times you have tried it..... what makes you think that dumbshit ploy would work...EVER?!?!

That explains it!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 01:35 PM by Fish Killer
 07/23/2019 02:14 PM

fishkller

dude you're embrassing yourself- time to let it go and just... stop

When America was "great"
 07/23/2019 03:52 PM

Fish Killer

dude you're embrassing yourself- time to let it go and just... stop

That didnt work any of the numerous times you have tried it..... what makes you think that dumbshit ploy would work...EVER?!?!

That explains it!

Here's another fact for you.....

You cant embarrass me as I dont value your opinion.

Your opinion is worthless.

100% worthless.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 03:54 PM by Fish Killer
 07/23/2019 04:05 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

"You cant embarrass me as I dont value your opinion."
Millie, of the lame clown comedy/song and dance act, the rotting dead fish eating Marinara Sisters sings her favorite tune:
"it's all about meee, it's gotta be meeee...."
pathetic puddle of pus....
Now back to the subject of the post......

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 04:07 PM by nukeh2o
 07/23/2019 04:07 PM

Cole

Crankit digs, FK throws dirt back into the hole.

Repeat process.

I was right.
 07/23/2019 04:09 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Crankit digs, FK throws dirt back into the hole.
Repeat process.

Your opinion is worth less than his....

Fool!

^These are PROVED facts.
 07/23/2019 08:10 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you son of a bitch.'"
-Edgar Mitchell
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .