Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Five Things They Don't Tell You about Slavery
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/05/2019 11:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/06/2019 03:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Look...it's the racist assholes at it again!

FACT!

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/06/2019 04:16 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

yet another Dpatch thread flop? You don't say....
 09/06/2019 05:07 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: dingpatch johnnyboy is right! Why is the New York Times' 1619 project even revelant to todays political climate? "To repeat, none of this justifies American cruelty and hypocrisy across the centuries. It does suggest, however, that an appropriate perspective should take full account of all that sets us apart, which emphatically wasn't chattel slavery." Oh, and, by the way, , , , I have no reason to feel guilty about something that happened over 160 years ago. It is, now, "water under the bridge, , , ,". Given the world's history of slavery, America's participation is nothing more than a side note. Get over it.
I nolonger have any opinions to express FAIL
 09/06/2019 05:14 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Not a flop at all, , , , it seems that I got the reaction I thought I would. Even though the article itself was rather straight forward, it seems to have only agitated the ones here who hate the US of A.

I realized some time ago that there are those here who ridgidly maintain their on-line persona. I don't know if what they say here are their actual beliefs or, they are just holding to their pre-selected shtick.

I'll begin to search for ways to "feel them out".

Here goes, , , , Stalin was a good guy, he was just misunderstood.

Hitler did not do anything wrong. We should have let him keep Paris.

Anybody have any good dead baby jokes?

Dora Hates You
 09/06/2019 05:32 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Who would guess that the Trump people would have an issue with the 1619 Project? lol

I had no idea slaves were here that early and I had no idea that there were so many original black communities. I also didn't know there were slaves in St Augustine well before that...

How this project isn't seen as a positive is beyond me.

I was right.
 09/06/2019 05:48 AM

dingpatch

Cole, yes, the 1619 Project is pretty neat, all-in-all. It's just that there are just so many snowflakes who think that it is "The End All" and will correct everything that they see as wrong in America. Sorry folks, but slavery is not a "whites only" thing. America was not founded on slavery. But, way-back-when, owning slaves was no different than owning a big screen 4K today. Yes, slavery is/was a terrible thing but, in regard to America, give it some rational thought, keep it's effects "in mind" and get over it.

Oh, and, I am not a "Trump people". I am basically conservative but I perhaps have many lefty views. I don't like Trump but, at that, I simply could not vote for Hillary knowing what I knew about her.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 09/06/2019 at 05:51 AM by dingpatch
 09/06/2019 05:59 AM

Cole

Why are things like this kept from our history books? That is the issue.

And ding, you will vote for Trump in the next election. So come on dude, at least be real.

I was right.
 09/06/2019 06:00 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I think you're telling us much more about yourself than you'll ever learn with daily troll posts ding.

"America was not founded on slavery."

Well gee, that war must have been just a big misunderstanding then.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/06/2019 07:23 AM

Greensleeves

"it seems that I got the reaction I thought I would"

dingbatch sets up the joke and everyone responds with various facts and punchlines fulfilling his desire for his own public humiliation

Glad we could assist!
 09/06/2019 12:54 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

But wait--odumbos relatives were slave traders, what does that do to his black half?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/06/2019 01:06 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

But wait--odumbos relatives were slave traders, what does that do to his black half?

Slave traders?

I was right.
 09/06/2019 02:09 PM

dingpatch

Not "traders" but, owners.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Baltimore Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman.

Dora Hates You
 09/06/2019 02:15 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Obama needs to PAY REPARATIONS!!!!!!!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/06/2019 02:42 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Why are you guys so fixated on Obama? The dude is not in office. Was Reagan a descendant of slave owners? Bush? Clinton? Would it matter now? I really think you guys got mental issues and are fixated on the black man. Having a black president must have scarred you guys terribly. It's all you can talk about... Obama.... Crazy...

Edited: 09/06/2019 at 02:54 PM by HAPDigital
 09/06/2019 03:19 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: dingpatch Not a flop at all, , , ,
admit it , you typed that with a sharpie marker bro.
 09/06/2019 03:32 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Not "traders" but, owners.

According to the research, one of Obama's great-great-great-great grandfathers, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky. The same records show that one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers, Mary Duvall, also owned two slaves.

The Baltimore Sun retraced much of Reitwiesner's work, using census information available on the Web site ancestry.com and documents retrieved by the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, among other sources. The records show that Overall, then 30, owned a 15-year-old black female and a 25-year-old black male, while Mary Duvall, his mother-in-law, owned a 60-year-old black man and a 58-year-old black woman.

This is just so profoundly and laughably: lame
What you deliberately stupid, willfully ignorant chumpfscum fail to realize or acknowledge is what happened to american blacks AFTER they were supposedly "emancipated".
Kkk, nightriders, jim crow laws, separate but equal, lynchings, killed for daring to try to vote. For the next hundred years and more, it continues to this day.
Dorksnatch tries to post some quasi intelligent crap about the supreme court and conservatism.
Then turns around with this chumpfdirt racist shit.
You aint fooling anyone dweeb. Yep: you got the response you expected alright dufus
duuuuhhhuuuhhh.......
"

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 09/06/2019 at 05:05 PM by nukeh2o
 09/06/2019 04:39 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: dingpatch

But, then again, how and why should anyone "know" "those five things"? My take on slavery is rather minimal, given that it ended almost 160 years ago. I've never met anyone who had been a slave. Although, I have met Holocaust survivors who had the tatoo on their forearm. After 160 years, any aspect of "slavery" should only be a side note in regard to the state of black culture and society in America. Yes, racism is still very real but, at this point in time, , , , what's the point?

And to be clear, I am not a racist. No reason to be.

Did you ever sit and talk with Alex Haley about that little book he wrote? I knew more about Kunta Kinte than most people, way before anyone knew what "Roots" was.

Used to go to Civil Rights rallies on University Blvd.

I dont get the purpose of this post. It seems as if you are trying to justify slavery in the US, its not very informative for the level of "self righteousness" it bears.....

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/06/2019 08:56 PM

RustyTruck

He's just getting to get attention and he's not intellectually endowed for an substantive debate.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/16/2019 09:38 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

"To this very moment slavery continues in parts of Africa and the Islamic world. Very little noise is made about it by those who denounce the slavery of the past in the West, because there is no money to be made denouncing it and no political advantages to be gained." - Thomas Sowell (Uncle Tom)
The BIG Lie I: "We have more African Americans under criminal supervision today than all the slaves in 1850." - Sen. Cory Booker

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/16/2019 10:17 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: crankit

"To this very moment slavery continues in parts of Africa and the Islamic world. Very little noise is made about it by those who denounce the slavery of the past in the West, because there is no money to be made denouncing it and no political advantages to be gained." - Thomas Sowell (Uncle Tom)

The BIG Lie I: "We have more African Americans under criminal supervision today than all the slaves in 1850." - Sen. Cory Booker

What a ridiculous statement, does Sowell NOT denounce past slavery in the "west"? Is he trying to excuse it? I guess he's fully assumed the slave mentality.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Five Things They Don't Tell You about Slavery

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .