Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Green energy will destroy the earth.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2019 12:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2019 12:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Go Nuclear.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 09/17/2019 07:14 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This is about today's technology. You should pick up a Scientific American magazine once in awhile. There are a crap load of game changers getting ready to pop. That and the article doesn't include recyclables.

Oh and we currently mine 5 million tons of lead a year.

Copper, 18 million per year.

Zinc, 13.2 million per year.

Aluminum, 45 million per year.

Iron Ore, 50 million by the US alone.

I was right.

Edited: 09/17/2019 at 07:15 PM by Cole
 09/18/2019 05:23 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Oil is fine, climate change is natural and not caused by burning fossil fuels. The solution of green energy will be worse. So much worse that the BIG OIL has developed a team science like experts to come up with new descriptions and reasons why the so called green solutions are worse than our "carbon" problem. Lobbyists, state sponsored infotainment and am radio will help get the word out early, often and over and over and over. Mega dittos beeches.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/18/2019 05:43 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Humans will make the Earth uninhabitable, the rich know it full well and don't intend to try and stop it. They're looking for a new planet.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/18/2019 06:42 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

They're looking for a new planet...................This is the stupidest thing you ever posted.............On our new planet we will still need lawn boys, gardeners and cleaning women, bartenders and waitresses...................So there is going to be room on the space ships for more than just the rich....................

09/18/2019 06:46 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Oh and we currently mine 5 million tons of lead a year......... Copper, 18 million per year................. Zinc, 13.2 million per year................. Aluminum, 45 million per year............... Iron Ore, 50 million by the US alone......................How much of this stuff is being used in 'NEW' Technology??............Is lead still used in Batteries??? Is it being used to shield Nuclear reactors??...................How much copper, zinc, aluminium is used in a wind generator or solar panel???

09/18/2019 06:50 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: somebodyelse
On our new planet we will still need lawn boys, gardeners and cleaning women, ................

Maybe you'll get to go then.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

09/18/2019 06:51 AM

tpapablo

Progs don't like and don't accept the inconvenient truth, do they?

09/18/2019 09:18 AM

Greensleeves

Idiotic. Is the argument from tspank "Lets not replace fossil fuels (which will kill our planet) with other energy because it will be hard to sustain"?

09/18/2019 10:51 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

No dopey, he said use nuclear!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/18/2019 10:55 AM

Greensleeves

spankit reading tspank's sick and fetid mind. Makes sense
 09/18/2019 11:07 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Nuclear, like Fukushima? This isn't an attempt to solve a problem, it's a cynical invitation to despair and do nothing so that the status who carbon industry can continue to reap their profits without the real price of their product included at the pump.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/18/2019 11:29 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Nuclear, like Fukushima? This isn't an attempt to solve a problem, it's a cynical invitation to despair and do nothing so that the status who carbon industry can continue to reap their profits without the real price of their product included at the pump.
Pick your poison. You guys are the ones who are staying awake at night worrying about global warming. Nuclear is the most feasible method of reducing carbon emissions without digging up half the planet and covering the other half with solar panels and windmills, bankrupting the world, and destroying everyone's lifestyle. All the same to me though.

09/18/2019 12:13 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Nuclear, like Fukushima? This isn't an attempt to solve a problem, it's a cynical invitation to despair and do nothing so that the status who carbon industry can continue to reap their profits without the real price of their product included at the pump.

...bankrupting the world, and destroying everyone's lifestyle...

This is part you're concerned with, and nothing else. Keep the discounted energy coming! Defer the cost of environmental damage.
Who cares what happens when the bill comes due, that will be the next generation.

Edited: 09/18/2019 at 12:15 PM by RustyTruck
 09/18/2019 12:59 PM

tpapablo

My point is that our very existence on this earth at the current numbers is going to cause environmental damage. Given that, some ways of going about things are better environmentally than others. If you really want to eliminate the environmental damage done by humans, knock our population down to 100 million or so. Short of that you have to make choices. Nuclear is the best choice that we have now if your concern is reducing carbon emissions.

09/18/2019 01:22 PM

Cole

How much metal goes into the internal combustion engine for 1 billion cars?

To make alternative power a zero sum game is ridiculous.

Like I said, this is a dumb-ass article.

I was right.
 09/18/2019 01:42 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole How much metal goes into the internal combustion engine for 1 billion cars? To make alternative power a zero sum game is ridiculous. Like I said, this is a dumb-ass article.
I would guess that it is less metal than what goes into electric motors and batteries.

09/19/2019 05:30 AM

Cole

You can guess all you want, but after you are done guessing, take a look at internal combustion engines and transmissions, then compare them to electric motors and plastic cased batteries.

I was right.
 09/19/2019 07:01 AM

tpapablo

Progs want to destroy the environment with their global warming hysteria. Not one of them seems to care that we will have to cover the globe with windmills and solar panels and have to work vast open pit mines to get the materials for all of that. They are dumb, people. Don't vote for them.

09/19/2019 07:45 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

You can guess all you want, but after you are done guessing, take a look at internal combustion engines and transmissions, then compare them to electric motors and plastic cased batteries.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .