Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Foreign Reporter Shocked By Trump's 'Alarming Incoherence' On Border Wall Tour
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/22/2019 05:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/22/2019 05:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Foreign Reporter Shocked By Trump's 'Alarming Incoherence' On Border Wall Tour
HuffPost Mary Papenfuss,HuffPost 6 hours ago

An editor for The Guardian in Australia was stunned by Donald Trump's "alarming incoherence" when she witnessed her first full, on-the-road U.S. press conference by the U.S. president.

Lenore Taylor, a voracious follower of U.S. news who has covered politics for nearly 30 years, thought she had an inkling of Trump's rambling, disjointed speech. But without the veil of careful editing and paraphrasing around his words by the American media, his actual presentation was startling, she wrote in a column in The Guardian. "Much [of] the reporting of Trump necessarily edits and parses his words, to force it into sequential paragraphs or impose meaning where it is difficult to detect," she noted.

Taylor listened to Trump boast about his border wall Thursday in the Otay Mesa neighborhood of San Diego. He said that "you could fry an egg on the wall" and called the slatted barrier "impenetrable." (The Washington Post described Trump's border wall rap similar to a "segment on the QVC shopping channel.") He encouraged an Army Corps of Engineers official to reveal security technology; he demurred - for security reasons.

"I've read so many stories about his bluster and boasting and ill-founded attacks, I've listened to speeches ... and yet I was still taken back by just how disjointed and meandering the unedited president could sound," she wrote.

"Here he was trying to land the message that he had delivered at least something towards one of his biggest campaign promises and sounding like a construction manager with some long-winded and badly improvised sales lines," she continued.

Taylor wondered if it wasn't better for the public to get the unvarnished Trump in all his garbled glory. Manipulating Trump talk to make it more understandable and succinct also serves to "mask" and "normalize" his "full and alarming incoherence," Taylor warned.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 09/22/2019 07:41 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

How un"Merkin of her.
 09/22/2019 01:00 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Like I said, if they let him do one on one debates, he is done.

And yet, every single one of you defend Trump at every single step. Why?

I was right.
 09/22/2019 03:03 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Repiglican primary this utterly corrupt, environment destroying, fascist, racist, commie enabling piece of orange shit.
I'm an actual republican.
Who on this forum has been more anti russian, anti communist.....anti herr chumpf?
Chumpf is a stinking, self serving, america sellout magat.
Always has, always will be. Period.
Real conservatives will rip your clueless tangerine traitor a new asshole in a debate. Given the chance.
Which is why his slavish, moscow controlled cult of personality worshiping chumpf sheep: block gop primaries.
Mmmmbaahhhaaah

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 09/22/2019 at 03:14 PM by nukeh2o
 09/22/2019 05:11 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I guess when you get the Moscowian Candidate treatment, your brains starts rotting out and by year 4 you are a rambling zombie..

09/22/2019 06:16 PM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: nukeh2o

Repiglican primary this utterly corrupt, environment destroying, fascist, racist, commie enabling piece of orange shit.

I'm an actual republican.

Who on this forum has been more anti russian, anti communist.....anti herr chumpf?

Chumpf is a stinking, self serving, america sellout magat.

Always has, always will be. Period.

Real conservatives will rip your clueless tangerine traitor a new asshole in a debate. Given the chance.

Which is why his slavish, moscow controlled cult of personality worshiping chumpf sheep: block gop primaries.

Mmmmbaahhhaaah

Most of the Redumblicans that are trying to run against him now had drank the orange Kool-Aid before and were yes men to Cheetoh Mooseillinni.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .