Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: China approves wheat, soy imports from Russia
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/23/2019 05:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2019 05:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Is this reversible?
What's the long game here?

http://www.reuters.com/article...iculture-idUSKCN1UL275
 09/23/2019 05:22 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Is this reversible?

What's the long game here?

http://www.reuters.com/article...iculture-idUSKCN1UL275

MRGA
 09/23/2019 05:29 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So much winning. Global warming is the best thing to happen to Russia since they discovered oil. Not only has our trade war created new competition, it's grooming that competition as added poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Trade wars are easy for the person that can't see ahead to things like this. Trade wars are easy to win if you have all the things we used to have, like allies, the TPP, world leadership, respect and strong diplomacy. Trump's role in this failure is to blame Obama or anyone else and always conclude that it was never his fault, he can't be blamed and he should get a participation award for even trying.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/23/2019 08:27 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The Chinese cancelled plans last week to tour US farms, didn't they?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/23/2019 08:35 AM

Greensleeves

Oh wow a new twitler/Vlad conspiracy. Twitler screws american producers so Vlad's farmers can get better in the China market.

Once the new supply lines are set up the old ones are gone or difficult to re-establish. Twitler admin so out of their league. Go back to peddling golf retreats you carpetbaggers.
 09/23/2019 08:41 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck The Chinese cancelled plans last week to tour US farms, didn't they?
China now will "support domestic companies in the purchase of soybeans and pork from the U.S.," Chinese state media outlets reported Friday, citing an unnamed official. At the request of the U.S., China canceled its visits to American farms. On a side note, I am coming into a bunch of pigs in the near future. Looks like I will be profiting handsomely. BTW, any of you guys want a free piglet?

I :heart; Q
 09/23/2019 09:53 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

The Chinese cancelled plans last week to tour US farms, didn't they?

China now will "support domestic companies in the purchase of soybeans and pork from the U.S.," Chinese state media outlets reported Friday, citing an unnamed official.

At the request of the U.S., China canceled its visits to American farms.

On a side note, I am coming into a bunch of pigs in the near future. Looks like I will be profiting handsomely. BTW, any of you guys want a free piglet?

http://www.reuters.com/article...s-idUSKBN1W51Z9

Hopes for trade breakthrough fade as China cancels U.S. farm visits

"WASHINGTON/CHICAGO (Reuters) - A U.S.-China trade deal appeared elusive on Friday after Chinese officials unexpectedly canceled a visit to farms in Montana and Nebraska as deputy trade negotiators wrapped up two days of negotiations in Washington."

.."The conclusion from the U.S. side was that we're not close to an agreement,"...

[Insert Pig Joke Here]

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 09:54 AM by RustyTruck
 09/23/2019 09:59 AM

Greensleeves

Oh so China knows how to negotiate? Their country is over 3,000 years old! We just elected a reality show host to lead our country.
 09/23/2019 11:31 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Oh so China knows how to negotiate? Their country is over 3,000 years old! We just elected a reality show host to lead our country.
I am not sure the age of the country has any relationship to negotiating skills. Usually comes down to perceived bargaining power.

09/23/2019 11:44 AM

RustyTruck

China seems to think they have the upper hand; next year trump might be gone, or even if he's still here when the inevitable downturn happens then americans will be desperate to buy and sell with China.

09/23/2019 11:54 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Oh so China knows how to negotiate? Their country is over 3,000 years old! We just elected a reality show host to lead our country.
Maybe NBC's writers and producers can write him out if this pickle like they did on his fantasy show when they had to make him look semi-coherent in post processing.

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 11:54 AM by scombrid
 09/23/2019 11:55 AM

Greensleeves

Hey world! How do you perceive the bargaining power of the golfer in chief?

World, "well he didn't win the popular vote, brags how he doesn't read, is obviously a first class idiot, is irrational, renegs on deals, and in all likelihood will only be around another year during which he will no doubt be caught up in other matter more important to him (tweeting, the legs of his assistant, his legal woes, etc.)."

09/23/2019 12:15 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck China seems to think they have the upper hand; next year trump might be gone, or even if he's still here when the inevitable downturn happens then americans will be desperate to buy and sell with China.
Yep, that is China's strength, i.e.They are right on that. , that dems will win in 2020 and sell us out.

09/23/2019 12:47 PM

johnnyboy

China wants stability. They may use their vast network of hackers and spies against Trump, in which case he would not concede defeat.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/23/2019 01:09 PM

tpapablo

Tough going in China. Too bad that you progs didn't get into pigs to take advantage of this crisis.

09/23/2019 01:25 PM

RustyTruck

Tough going in China.

Too bad that you progs didn't get into pigs to take advantage of this crisis.

I think you fellas are into pigs a bit too much already.

ACAB

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 01:25 PM by RustyTruck
 09/23/2019 04:50 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

I am coming into a bunch of pigs in the near future. Looks like I will be profiting handsomely. BTW, any of you guys want a free piglet?
[Insert Pig Joke Here]....
Chain migration at it's worst.
Porky pigblo manages to scale the fence at the florida/jojahstan border.
Installs itself as empress progpoleon in Mims.
And the rest of the oinkafeller Klan soon followed
Giving away relatives.
Utterly shameful.
Send them back!
Ladies and germs: I gotta million of em

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 04:56 PM by nukeh2o
 09/24/2019 12:24 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Vote for me farmers! I'll bring your jobs back and make farming great agai...

Whoops, nope- sorry, gave all your jobs to Russia.

MAGA!

Reelect me in 2020 please?

Edited: 09/24/2019 at 12:25 AM by fishkller
 09/24/2019 03:46 PM

bus

Joined Forum: 10/01/2007

Originally posted by: RustyTruck On a side note, I am coming into a bunch of pigs in the near future.... BTW, any of you guys want a free piglet?
Dude!!! keep your sex life to yourself...plus it doesn't work that way. Ever watch South PArk?
 09/25/2019 06:45 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: bus
Originally posted by: RustyTruck On a side note, I am coming into a bunch of pigs in the near future.... BTW, any of you guys want a free piglet?
Dude!!! keep your sex life to yourself...plus it doesn't work that way. Ever watch South PArk?
Ha. Didn't notice that when I wrote it. Well, have one alert audience member here at least. No, have never watched South Park. In any case, I will have Chinese busting down my door. Going to sell high.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .