Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pulling US Troops From Syria 'May Be The Best Thing That Ever Happened To The Kurds'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/17/2019 02:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2019 02:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Pulling US Troops From Syria 'May Be The Best Thing That Ever Happened To The Kurds'
Audrey Conklin on October 16, 2019

Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul argued Wednesday that pulling the remaining U.S. troops from northern Syria "may be the best thing that ever happened to the Kurds."

Paul's comments came during a Wednesday interview on CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper" as Vice President Mike Pence travels to Turkey to meet with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to discuss a potential ceasefire to the country's offensive against U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters.

"This was [President Donald Trump's] decision. ... It was the best thing not only for our troops, but it's also the best way to adhere to the Constitution," Paul said. "The Constitution says you don't declare a war unless Congress votes on it, and who are we going to declare a war against - our ally, Turkey, the Free Syrian Army that used to be our ally, [Syrian President Bashar] Assad?"

"He was told by the Turks they were coming one way or another, and they had 50 troops. Fifty troops don't stop 10,000 troops. ... I think he made the right decision. I'm reminded of Beirut [Lebanon] when we made the wrong decision and had 300 Marines in a barracks that weren't well protected. ... So I think he made the right decision," the Kentucky senator added.

Paul said Trump's decision may end up being good for U.S.-allied Turkish fighters in the long run.

"This may be the best thing that ever happened to the Kurds, because they need a protector in Syria willing to stay," he said. "We had been preventing having them talk to Assad. Now they've made an alliance with Assad, and the irony of this is: It may end up being the best thing that ever happened to them."

Paul also criticized South Carolina Republican Rep. Lindsey Graham's stance on the issue. Graham, who often sides with the president, joined a number of other congressional Republicans in calling his decision "so sad" and "so dangerous" in a series of Oct. 7 tweets.

"Normally, the Lindsey Graham's of this world would say Article Two gives the president the authority to do whatever he wants, and we don't question the president because he has latitude. Now Lindsey Graham and [others] are up in arms on both sides of the aisle saying, 'Oh, my goodness, President Trump moved 50 soldiers,'" the Kentucky senator said.

Paul appeared to be the lone congressperson who publicly agreed with the Trump administration's decision immediately after it was announced by the White House.

"I stand with [Trump] today as he once again fulfills his promises to stop our endless wars and have a true America First foreign policy," Paul wrote in an Oct. 7 tweet.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/17/2019 02:49 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Complete the statement:

"He was told by the Turks they were coming one way or another and..."

A. Trump caved like a bitch
B. Trump said "Let me call Putin and see what I should do"

10/17/2019 03:09 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

C. Its the best failure for a nonconventional guy like me, people say I'm unconventional.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/17/2019 07:55 PM

Cole

Trump left an ally to die.

Hey Gary, you wife beating asshole, are these words simple enough for you to understand?

I was right.
 10/17/2019 08:57 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Trump left an ally to die.

Hey Gary, you wife beating asshole, are these words simple enough for you to understand?

Hey Coleslaw...you lying piece of shit....

Turkey used to be our ally also!

What part of that dont you understand?

FUCKING WARMONGER!

COMMIEHAWK!

(also I have NEVER beat any woman...you fucking pathological lying ASSHOLE!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 08:59 PM by Fish Killer
 10/18/2019 04:35 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

LIAR!!

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2019 04:49 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: wtf

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

LIAR!!

BULLSHIT!

FUCKING LIAR!

^These are PROVED facts.
 10/18/2019 05:00 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

So Christian of you, oh yeah, you are one of the fake kind wife beater....LMFAO

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2019 05:37 AM

Cole

I recall the terror that ran through you when the state was contemplating taking guns from those who committed domestic violence.

Gary, you know you are a fucking liar. You are worthless fucking trash that isn't worth a squirt of piss.

I was right.
 10/18/2019 08:16 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Wife beaters should not have guns. Statistically, they are most likely to murder their spouses with them.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .