Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I bet they hoped no one would notice his slip of lip.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/17/2019 04:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2019 04:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

10/18/2019 05:58 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Mulvaney f'ed up.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/18/2019 06:51 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Incompetence. And dotards think they are on some sort of 'team' or something. Rah rah GOOOOO Dotards! LMFAO

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/18/2019 06:55 AM

RustyTruck

We're corrupt! Get over it!

LOL, and they'll probably get away with it for now.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/18/2019 07:15 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck We're corrupt! Get over it! LOL, and they'll probably get away with it for now.
Yep, nothing will happen. But it is because he didn't do anything wrong. Even if he had, nothing would happen. No one listens to the dems about Trump anymore. That boy has called wolf one too many times.

I :heart; Q
 10/18/2019 07:20 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

We're corrupt! Get over it!

LOL, and they'll probably get away with it for now.

Yep, nothing will happen. But it is because he didn't do anything wrong. Even if he had, nothing would happen. No one listens to the dems about Trump anymore. That boy has called wolf one too many times.

He is an accomplice to a gross abuse of power, but the base doesn't care until they face some economic consequences. In the Faux bubble I can imagine it seems that way to you, but outside we see people trying to head toward the lifeboats. Hard to say what's going to happen, but I hope it's an amazing finale to the shitshow.

10/18/2019 07:53 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: RustyTruck We're corrupt! Get over it! LOL, and they'll probably get away with it for now.
He is an accomplice to a gross abuse of power, but the base doesn't care until they face some economic consequences. In the Faux bubble I can imagine it seems that way to you, but outside we see people trying to head toward the lifeboats. Hard to say what's going to happen, but I hope it's an amazing finale to the shitshow.
Give examples of abuse of power. I know of none, which, BTW, is why we don't care about them.

10/18/2019 08:02 AM

RustyTruck

Withholding aid approved by Congress in order to pressure a foreign government to launch an investigation into a political rival is an abuse of power. Refusing to comply with a Congressional subpoena is obstruction of justice.
Frankly a failure of the government to act and remove the president will prove once and for all the the US government is a fraud.

10/18/2019 08:10 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You may be careless because you don't care. But you care enough not for one way but the other to get on here everyday and push that counter narrative with the premise that you don't care. Your sheer volumes of responses show just how much you care.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2019 08:22 AM

tpapablo

Withholding aid approved by Congress in order to pressure a foreign government to launch an investigation into a political rival is an abuse of power. Nope. Being a political rival doesn't insulate one from being investigated. Were it otherwise, Joe Biden could have gone to Ukraine and set up a child prostitution ring and the Trump administration could not ask Ukraine to look into it. That's preposterous. Whether pressure was applied or not, is irrelevant. We pressure foreign countries to investigate our citizens all the time. Indeed, Obama promulgated rules to do just that with respect to offshore bank accounts. Refusing to comply with a Congressional subpoena is obstruction of justice. No, not complying with a subpoena is not obstruction of justice. I contest subpoenas all of the time in my job. Not once have I or my client been charged with obstruction of justice. There is a whole written procedure for contesting subpoenas and it ultimately comes down to what a court says about it. Every American in the country has a right to contest subpoenas.

10/18/2019 08:45 AM

RustyTruck

What's preposterous is your attempt to deny the facts. You of course have the advantage on legal matters, but would the contest of a subpoena be something you'd argue to a judge?
Or can you just toss it in the trash? If there's a written procedure, that implies some formality and I would expect there must be good cause documented and presented in court. Has the WH done that?

10/18/2019 09:11 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Another silly imperious pigclamation by Emperor Porkpoleon. Of course: utter false bullshit, by we knew that.
And the chumpfdirts conveniently ignore the other part of herr loofah's strongarm attempt on Ukraine"s new amateurish leader. He wanted them to admit it was them what hacked the democrats in 2016, not his sponsors the ruusskies.
Thus continuing his faithful quest to fulfill his duties to his beloved patron putie pie, his cherished vladdie daddy.
What a good little commie traitor he is........

It's a democratic hoax
 10/18/2019 11:09 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck What's preposterous is your attempt to deny the facts. You of course have the advantage on legal matters, but would the contest of a subpoena be something you'd argue to a judge? Or can you just toss it in the trash? If there's a written procedure, that implies some formality and I would expect there must be good cause documented and presented in court. Has the WH done that?
Here's the deal. So, I subpoena someone to show up at a trial. That person can object to it or move to quash it. At that point, I have to go to the court and move the court to enforce it. If I win, then the person must comply or face the possibility of sanctions. Congress is different. They subpoena and if the guy doesn't comply, it can find him in contempt by a vote. It can then either order the Sergeant at arms to arrest him or ask the U.S. attorney to convene a grand jury to consider charges. The courts typically won't get involved, however. Holder and Lerner were found in contempt. You saw what came of that. That cannot be an obstruction of justice as that only applies to judicial proceedings, not legislative proceedings. Now, there is another federal statute that prohibits impeding a congressional investigation. But for that apply the person must corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening communication impede the investigation. That wouldn't apply here.

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 11:20 AM by tpapablo
 10/18/2019 11:33 AM

RustyTruck

Then the whole concept of law and order in this country is a myth. There is only power.

10/18/2019 12:25 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Then the whole concept of law and order in this country is a myth. There is only power.
To the contrary. Our system is set up to allow us to fight the inherent power of gov't. And for each branch of the gov't to fight the power of the other branches.

10/18/2019 12:42 PM

Greensleeves

tspank getting stupider by the minute. He doesn't see the abuse? Damn someone wants him as a lawyer? He sees it. He just won't admit it. He's a sack.

tspank's new hero is Mulvaney! What a pasty nerd that dip$hit is. Twitler brought that fool in from OMB. Probably safer for our country with him helping twitler. How long will he last? twitler scraping the bottom of the cesspool anymore to get his yes men.
 10/18/2019 12:43 PM

RustyTruck

It's broke. It's become exactly what the founders didn't want, an imperial presidency. With a minority of voter support someone can become president and rule by decree, self deal, and use the power of the nation to attack political rivals. This is how empires fall into decline and perish. 250 fifty years doesn't even get us in the top 20.

I hope the future north America will have a democratic government, or at least independence in the developed coastal areas. The whole center can become Dumbfuckistan.

10/20/2019 11:44 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Oh no we have him now!!!! Ffff in hilarious
 10/21/2019 06:12 AM

johnnyboy

Worst backtrack ever. It happens. Get over it. And then... my words were taken out of context by the biased liberal media.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .