Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: World Scientists' Warning of a Climate Emergency
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/06/2019 04:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2019 11:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I see somebody doesn't understand that N2 and O2 are 99% of the atmosphere and that both are transparent to infrared radiation so his arguments are red herrings.

-------------------------

11/09/2019 01:46 PM

dingpatch

Graphic aid for scrombrid, , , , , Otherwise, sure CO2 is "up" but, it is such a "trace" gas. But, , , , I am sure that a 100% increase in anything can cause some big butterfly effects. On one hand, if this increase is really, really, causing the heat, we have to wonder about just what else in the atmosphere can get "touchy" real quick? Otherwise, WTF is going on?

Ice cores going way, way, back before we showed up, show that there can be DRAMATIC changes in as little as 75 years!!!

Dora Hates You

Edited: 11/09/2019 at 01:49 PM by dingpatch
 11/09/2019 01:48 PM

dingpatch

Composition of air

According to NASA, the gases in Earth's atmosphere include:

Nitrogen - 78 percent
Oxygen - 21 percent
Argon - 0.93 percent
Carbon dioxide - 0.04 percent
Trace amounts of neon, helium, methane, krypton and hydrogen, as well as water vapor

Dora Hates You
 11/09/2019 02:49 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: dingpatch Graphic aid for scrombrid, , , , , Otherwise, sure CO2 is "up" but, it is such a "trace" gas. But, , , , I am sure that a 100% increase in anything can cause some big butterfly effects. On one hand, if this increase is really, really, causing the heat, we have to wonder about just what else in the atmosphere can get "touchy" real quick? Otherwise, WTF is going on? Ice cores going way, way, back before we showed up, show that there can be DRAMATIC changes in as little as 75 years!!!
Hey look the graphic shows nitrogen and oxygen sum to 99%. Just like I wrote.

11/10/2019 06:31 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

These types of events are very complex and there are many layers/levels of impacts with consequences we do not know. CO2 is good for plants. But guess what - those plants suck more freshwater out of the ground. Yes there is a recent science study out on this, so something to consider. But of course I would not expect a dotard to read such things...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 11/10/2019 08:10 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Hey look the graphic shows CO2 sum to .04, Just like I wrote..those plants suck more freshwater out of the ground. Yes there is a recent science study out on ...HAHAHAH WTF, Plants suck Fresh water out of the ground, Mother Fuckers, lets uproot those SOBs so that doesn't happen any more.... Lets make a desert so as to prevent plants from sucking our precious resource out of the ground.... Hey, what happens to the Fresh water that the plants suck? It evaporates out of their leaves AS THEY CONVERT CO2 to OXYGEN and SUGAR.... Shit man the level of Public education is fricking abysmal in this country.

11/10/2019 08:26 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Depletion of the aquifer. Man, private education sure sucks.

I was right.
 11/10/2019 08:30 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/10/2019 10:50 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Cole: Depletion of the aquifer .........Lord Have Mercy....NO, NO, WRONG on all counts.... If there are no plants the water runs off the ground eroding it as it goes, it also evaporates at a very high rate to where the water never reaches an aquifer.. Only when there is a ground cover of plants does the water soak into the ground, loosened up by roots, and shaded by plants inhibiting immediate evaporation... The Aquifers in desert places have been there since the place was covered in plants, places WITHOUT plant coverage has problems with Aquifers being emptied. Plants HELP the water stay in the ground by shade and mulch..... Man, lack of education sucks worse than even a public education

11/10/2019 11:14 AM

Cole

Ever seen a Cypress Stand in a drought? Now compound that over years.

I'm taking long term climate change, not weather.

I was right.

Edited: 11/10/2019 at 11:14 AM by Cole
 11/10/2019 11:45 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Coleslaw's 'long term' idea equals 10 years.

Fool!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/10/2019 12:40 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

Hey look the graphic shows CO2 sum to .04, Just like I wrote..those plants suck more freshwater out of the ground. Yes there is a recent science study out on ...HAHAHAH WTF, Plants suck Fresh water out of the ground, Mother Fuckers, lets uproot those SOBs so that doesn't happen any more.... Lets make a desert so as to prevent plants from sucking our precious resource out of the ground.... Hey, what happens to the Fresh water that the plants suck? It evaporates out of their leaves AS THEY CONVERT CO2 to OXYGEN and SUGAR.... Shit man the level of Public education is fricking abysmal in this country.

You are really calling out education with your ignorant, dotard rant filled with poor grammar and misspellings? Sit down boomer...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 11/10/2019 01:46 PM

dingpatch

Hmmmmmm, , , , , it seems that the "11,000 scientists" may be fake news: go to about 4:30

Dora Hates You
 11/10/2019 10:08 PM

Greensleeves

The GOP kooks really show their blind herd mentality when it comes to climate change. In the face of world class scientist's and organization's findings they choose to be led by their nose rings to the most foul of $hit that is presented as "science" by their propaganda sources. Boomers looking feeble.
 11/11/2019 02:48 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Um, during photosynthesis water is dehydrogenated to oxygen and carbon dioxide reduced to glucose. Please review Bill Nye on both topics, photosynthesis and climate change.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 11/11/2019 05:15 AM

dingpatch

OK, my "research" reveals that the "Alliance of World Scientists" might be mostly real: https://scientistswarning.forestry.oregonstate.edu

Although the whole thing seems to be rather "dodgy", , , , ,

BUT, it would be interesting to find out exactly how the "signatures" were obtained; is it a matter of having to "prove" who I am or, is it just a matter of clicking a "Like" button?

List of signatories.

Then again, you will note that all of the more reputable sites that reference this "study" show it as a "Viewpoint"?

The one strange part of it all is that the "project" was partially funded by the "Worthy Garden Club". Say what, , , , , , ,?

Dora Hates You

Edited: 11/11/2019 at 08:44 AM by dingpatch
 11/11/2019 05:21 AM

Cole

Will they ever come a time when deniers begin to notice how the world around them is vastly different than it was when they were kids?

Remember frost on the Pumpkins back in the 70's? Remember when there was a solid Arctic icecap? Remember when there wasn't 100 year floods every year? Remember when Miami didn't randomly flood in good weather?

I was right.
 11/11/2019 05:23 AM

dingpatch

Radio Edit, , , , ,

Dora Hates You

Edited: 11/11/2019 at 05:24 AM by dingpatch
 11/11/2019 05:39 AM

dingpatch

Oh and, again, don't get me wrong about all of this; I may, or may not, believe that the "warming" is caused by Man. But, I do believe that it is certainly getting warmer.

Now, the important thing to realize is that if "Man" is causing this; it is not a matter of what "Man" can or, should, do to correct it, the simple fact is that NOTHING will be done in the first place. Forced solutions would be VERY Draconian. "The good of the Earth is more important than a human life". Or we may need to accept the stark reality that, at this point, "economics" are far more important than a high tide.

On the other hand, IF this is not caused by "Man"; just what in the hell are we going to do to adjust and live with the results? Very, very, ugly subject. Short term solutions point to converting Death Valley into a lake. Nuclear excavation can be used to create a channel into Africa's Rift Valley, , , , ,. Sure, sure, rather extreme but, we could be getting very close to a desperate point were mere "inches" matter.

Dora Hates You
 11/11/2019 05:59 AM

Cole

"The good of the Earth is more important than a human life".

Um, the Earth will survive and repair itself, that's not the point. Making the planet unable to sustain human life, that's the point.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .