Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 275K Floridians moved to other states last year
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2023 07:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2023 07:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Great news if it were the stinking retirees, but unfortunately it's young people fleeing because they can't afford to live here due to surging inflation, the worst in the nation.
I just got my warning letter too from my home insurance company, letting me know they are planning to rape me even worse next year.
Well done FL GOP
 12/05/2023 07:11 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Graveyard waiting room for boomers.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 12/05/2023 07:16 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Sorry to hear they got you 3rd, but you aren't the only one.
This year I got hit hard, and no real good options except to drop insurance all together which I am not really wanting to do. I asked about a hurricane exclusion and it seems that is possible but not clear if many companies will do that.
BTW - most of my friends have been hit hard this year too. Some of the numbers are crazy...seriously, could buy a car money.

First time I thought about how much longer I'll stay in Florida.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 12/05/2023 07:26 AM

3rdworldlover

I hope my kids can escape
 12/05/2023 07:42 AM

tpapablo

I can see how prog bums cannot afford Florida. You guys can cut costs and live on the streets of San Francisco. No worries about home insurance either - it's free there. Good riddance.

I :heart; Q
 12/05/2023 07:49 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

They are going to be the hardest struck. When insurance takes your $800 monthly food budget, things go south quickly.

I was right.
 12/05/2023 09:15 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I can see how prog bums cannot afford Florida. You guys can cut costs and live on the streets of San Francisco. No worries about home insurance either - it's free there. Good riddance.

Dude, we've seen your tiny little house in Satellite.

If anyone's having trouble affording Florida.... lol

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 12/05/2023 09:22 AM

Cole

You mean the rural GOP voters? Ever been to Okeechobee, Kenansville, Sebring, Lake Placid and the other towns that populate inland Central Florida? Sorry homie, they ain't Democrats.

I was right.
 12/05/2023 11:04 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: RustyTruck Graveyard waiting room for boomers.
They are going to be the hardest struck. When insurance takes your $800 monthly food budget, things go south quickly.
We boomers are doing fine. We don't even notice insurance prices. I have no idea how much I pay, or whether it has increased or not. Helps immensely, it turns out, to have intelligence and a work ethic. You bums enjoy living on San Fran sidewalks. Check in now and again and tell us how it's going in prog paradise.

12/05/2023 11:09 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

We boomers are doing fine. We don't even notice insurance prices. I have no idea how much I pay, or whether it has increased or not. Helps immensely, it turns out, to have intelligence and a work ethic. You bums enjoy living on San Fran sidewalks. Check in now and again and tell us how it's going in prog paradise.

Good for you. And why should you care about those who don't have your good fortune. You got yours and that's all that matters.

I can afford it, but I'd rather not. I've given them around $40 grand over the last ten years and have yet to file a claim. The same can be said for most other Florida homeowners.

I was right.

Edited: 12/05/2023 at 11:13 AM by Cole
 12/05/2023 04:17 PM

fishkller

Tdelusional is quickly approaching Santos-level tall tale telling..

Yeah, that's the ticket

uh huh.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 12/06/2023 06:04 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

San Francisco? Not with Ron Desantis running around with his map, pooping everywhere.

No, the hardest hit will be the poor white elderly. Disproportionately trumpist.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 12/06/2023 07:39 AM

tpapablo

Don't understand you progs. You claim Florida is a dystopian nightmare, yet you continue living here. You claim Trump will convert the country to Nazi Germany, but worse, and will execute you, yet you make no plans to flee.

12/06/2023 07:47 AM

fishkller

You don't understand anything, really.. LOL

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 12/07/2023 06:40 AM

Cole

Don't understand you progs. You claim Florida is a dystopian nightmare, yet you continue living here. You claim Trump will convert the country to Nazi Germany, but worse, and will execute you, yet you make no plans to flee.

We don't give up and run like your kind. We stay and fight for a brighter future. I am 4th generation Floridian and have no plans on running off like a scared child.

I work with guys from the Red parts of the state - Trump voters for the most part. All are outdoors men. Every so often I remark on all of the construction going up in areas that were once pristine hunting plots. Then we talk about the reduced number of deer due to the lack of habitat and increased hunting pressure. I mention unchecked growth and will toss in DeSantis bragging about the free state of Florida and all the people he is bringing in. There is no anger. There is no argument. We are just talking, and they are beginning to listen. It's called a slow roll.

P.S. These guys are social media maniacs with a giant network of friends and acquaintances.

I was right.

Edited: 12/07/2023 at 06:44 AM by Cole
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .