Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Ya just can't make this shit up, , , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2024 03:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2024 03:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, oh wait, Drump makes shit up all the time, , , ,:

CNN

Fact check: Trump tells 'mind-bogglingly nonsensical' story about the New York Stock Exchange

Daniel Dale, CNN
Mon, March 25, 2024

Fact check: Trump tells 'mind-bogglingly nonsensical' story about the New York Stock Exchange

Former President Donald Trump told a story on Monday in which he claimed that he decided not to list the Trump Media & Technology Group on the New York Stock Exchange, even though the exchange "badly" wanted the company, because businesspeople are "treated too badly in New York" and "don't want to be attacked by a thug like this horrible attorney general that we have in New York."

There is one problem. The story does not make any sense.

Facts First: The stock exchange on which the Trump Media & Technology Group is being listed, the Nasdaq, is also headquartered in New York. In fact, the Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange are located in the same New York City borough of Manhattan. In other words, all of the New York laws and political oversight that would have applied to the company if it was listed on the NYSE will apply to the company when it is listed on the Nasdaq.

"It's just mind-bogglingly nonsensical," Jonathan Macey, a Yale Law School corporate law, corporate finance and securities law professor, said of Trump's story.

Macey repeatedly laughed while discussing the story in an interview. He said it would be the equivalent of someone claiming that, to avoid persecution in New York, they were going to avoid shopping at Macy's in New York but instead would shop at the Bloomingdale's store next door in New York. He said: "Like, what?"

"I hope somebody advising President Trump informs him that the same investor protection rules that safeguard investors of the New York Stock Exchange also safeguard investors on the Nasdaq Stock Market," Macey said.

Trump, now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, told the story during a press conference in which he denounced New York Attorney General Letitia James and Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg for bringing legal cases against him. (You can read more here about the day's major developments in those cases.)

He claimed that "the people at the stock exchange are very, very upset" that he decided against listing the company on the NYSE and that "the top person is mortified, can't believe it." And he said of this supposed NYSE official: "He said, 'I'm losing business because of New York - because people don't want to be in New York and they don't want to go on the New York Stock Exchange.' So you can ask them about it," he said.

The "top person" at the NYSE, however, is not a "he." The president of the NYSE since 2022, Lynn Martin, is a woman, as is her predecessor Stacey Cunningham. And the NYSE board is chaired by a woman, Sharon Bowen.

A NYSE spokesperson declined to comment about Trump's account of the supposed conversation. The spokesperson did say the exchange would welcome Trump's company.

"America's capital markets are the envy of the world and investors benefit from more, not fewer, companies listed on public exchanges. New York should be open for business for all types of capital formation. With regard to Digital World Acquisition Corp. and Trump Media and Technology Group, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has declared their business combination effective and we would welcome the company for listing on the New York Stock Exchange," the spokesperson said.

The company, which owns social media platform Truth Social, is scheduled to begin trading on the Nasdaq on Tuesday.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 03/26/2024 05:09 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I hope we aren't supposed to be shocked by this - another - lie.

I was right.
 03/26/2024 07:09 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This makes Trump $3 billion richer. What were you idiots saying about him being broke? Who's the liar here? I would note that this is a pathetic effort by the press. All that work and it won't change a single vote.

I :heart; Q
 03/26/2024 07:29 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: tpapablo .......pathetic effort by the press. All that work and it won't change a single vote.....

When your base has calloused minds, programed to repeat without question, doesn't take much effort at all to fool them.....

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

03/26/2024 07:30 AM

johnnyboy

Won't change a single vote? Trump has never had enough votes. Trump will lose ask for more votes, claim he won and you will still buy all his lies as the gospel of orange Jesus.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/26/2024 08:19 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: tpapablo

.......pathetic effort by the press. All that work and it won't change a single vote.....

When your base has calloused minds, programed to repeat without question, doesn't take much effort at all to fool them.....

Their brains have been completely scrambled. The sources that they thought they could trust flipped a switch one day and decided that their job has more to do with controlling a narrative than it does with reporting facts. Look what they have done to Cole. Bless his little heart.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/26/2024 08:33 AM

3rdworldlover

At least he was able to resist his compulsion to use the N-word and only called her a thug.
 03/26/2024 08:59 AM

3rdworldlover

A better headline:
Old orange man busted for bank fraud shouts at cloud

Edited: 03/26/2024 at 09:00 AM by 3rdworldlover
 03/26/2024 09:29 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

A stable "jenius" at work:

Trump made a few gaffes as he ranted, confusing the election and his trial and promising to "bring crime back to law and order." Trump also said he didn't see much of a problem with having foreign governments help him pay for his bond despite his candidacy for president.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/26/2024 09:59 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

As Jon Steward recently pointed out, fraud is only illegal if you're poor. If you're rich, everyone does it, so you should not be held accountable.

At any rate, our local cultists don't mind "white" collar crime.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/26/2024 10:20 AM

johnnyboy

Jon Stewart's take comparison of Kevin O'Leary and the rest of the Fox apologists was spot on. This is from The Wrap:
>>In the opening salvo of the show, Stewart played series of clips, largely from Fox News and Fox Business, in which pundits criticized the New York civil fraud case against Donald Trump to the tune of $454 million for crimes that are "victimless" and, according to "Shark Tank" alum Kevin O'Leary, "done by every real estate developer on earth in every city" (to which Stewart shot back, "There is a theory in law that if enough people commit a crime, it automatically becomes legal.")

The host then took aim at the financial community as a whole.

"The f - king entitled arrogance. I don't know if you know this, but most people just can't commit fraud and expect to face no repercussions even if everyone's doing it," Stewart said. "Try getting a car loan by saying you make 10 times as much money as you really do, or claim 20 dependents when you have no children, or say you make slightly less money to qualify for food assistance. I guarantee you there are not just financial consequences for those lies, but criminal ones. But don't tell that to the investment community, because in their eyes there is no rule that cannot be bent, there is no principle that cannot be undercut as long as you and your friends are making money."<<

Thank Mr. Stewart for reminding the people who want to put the crime back into the tough on crime pitch that their own words are their nooses.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/26/2024 12:50 PM

3rdworldlover

It wasn't me
It was my 500ish LLCs
 03/26/2024 01:36 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

This makes Trump $3 billion richer. What were you idiots saying about him being broke? Who's the liar here?

I would note that this is a pathetic effort by the press. All that work and it won't change a single vote.

$3 billion?

Trump will fuck this up too. lol

I was right.
 03/26/2024 01:50 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck As Jon Steward recently pointed out, fraud is only illegal if you're poor. If you're rich, everyone does it, so you should not be held accountable.
Progs are serious now. They have gone to their most authoritative source. Or is Bozo the Clown the one now?

I :heart; Q
 03/26/2024 02:24 PM

Cole

Stewart is far more truthful than Fox, beerbart and the others combined. I'm betting that's why MAGA get so butt hurt by him.

I was right.
 03/26/2024 03:21 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Ummm, it's a stock "offering" folks....ain't worth shit....yet.
Should go over about as well as every other sqam the fat smelly orange grifter in thief foisted on his incel inbred grovelers.
He'll be be bankrupted again in....3,2,1...
But send him mo' o' yo' money....again, chumpfsheepz.
But this time it will be different.....honest....he reeeally means it....this time
mmmmmBAAHHAAAAHHH

It's a democratic hoax
 03/26/2024 04:30 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Scam just like the Taj Mahal public offering and subsequent bankruptcy. He'll skim what he needs from it and all the future stock holders will lose out in the bankruptcy. Some of the people buying in the IPO will be deliberate donors laundering funds to Trump through this vehicle while inflating the stock price so that the rubes that think it is an investment will get triple fucked.

03/26/2024 05:04 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

DJT started tanking by end of day.

Did you go "all in" like CCL, Paul?

I highly recommend putting everything into Trump Steak.. errr I mean Truth Social.. it's a sure thing- gonna be yuuuuuge

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 03/26/2024 08:16 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: fishkller

DJT started tanking by end of day.
Did you go "all in" like CCL, Paul?
I highly recommend putting everything into Trump Steak.. errr I mean Truth Social.. it's a sure thing- gonna be yuuuuuge

Free case of chumpf aged protein algae water, enrollment in the totally in-demand chumpf u program "how to grift your way into bankruptcy.......again",
ohhhh and "Pa-rooski for magatraitor kulaqs dumm101".
ohhh and: donconjr (aka eddie munster) has a whole trailer load of patriot meat for ........free pepto bismol with every rotten smelling delivery

It's a democratic hoax
 03/28/2024 07:10 AM

johnnyboy

I think Tpap attacking the messenger is pretty on brand from a guy that uses Breitbart, headed by Bannon, who grifted off a fund to build a wall that never happened and got pardoned for it after being apprehended on chinese spy's yacht.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .