Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 10'0 takayama NR2
Topic Summary: super clean volan glass and tint, with case 1,300
Created On: 05/24/2015 03:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2015 03:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

10'0

05/24/2015 05:46 PM

markm61

Joined Forum: 05/09/2010

Is this signed by Donald?

05/24/2015 07:44 PM

theslasher

no

05/24/2015 10:38 PM

markm61

Why so much? Aren't they around $1200 brand new?

05/25/2015 01:36 AM

theslasher

ya it's high it's mint and there 1200 with out the volan and tint I have never seen one like it it's a 60's nr2 prob should have started at 1200 we shall see!

05/25/2015 01:48 AM

theslasher

it was bought in cali from him! it has no #'s or sig!  so it could have been his! I heard he did not sign his ! of course I can not back this up just going by hear say !

Edited: 05/25/2015 at 06:02 AM by theslasher
 05/25/2015 04:30 AM

markm61

Looks sweet! Good luck

05/25/2015 02:06 PM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

Calling BS on that he did not sign his own boards.  He signed his own and signed ones he did not shape but were shaped by his ghost shapers.  

Hint some are signed on the stringer some on top the stringer and some below the stringer.  If it was below the stringer chances are it was not done by DT.  You most likly have a Board out of RC shop here in Florida off a machine and glassed there.  They make an excellent Board with all the quality that DT would demand But still it is not form his hand.  

As for being from the 1960's  DT did not shape boards under his own name untill around 1979 or so. Jacobs , Bing and weber in the 1960 then he founded with Danny Muhern Bill Bahn MTB and then later in Solana Beach Surfings New Image.  After that he started hawaiian Pro design and Donald takayma Surfboards.  He wasa legand in North San Diego lived down the street from me and my good friend was his head shaper for many years.  One of the highest Prices ever paid for classic Board was a Jacobs Donald takayama modle that was shaped by Donald.  

05/25/2015 05:48 PM

Kookbrah

Joined Forum: 09/06/2011

And then the hater appears from the shadows (artz)! Down grading everyone who has a DT! Someone sounds like a jealous Internet troll. Narcooossee is a long way from the beach to be ruining surfers post! Just because you use to live in Encinitas doesn't mean a damn thing. You no surfing look! No one listen to this kook! Nice board, don't let some wantabe artist who never made it hate on your boards!

-------------------------
 05/26/2015 03:58 AM

theslasher

Well Art like I said hear say! the info I got was from Tom at Rc's! bought in cali from dt's shop ! it say's 60's longboard on it! I think it's because of the volan and tint job! hope you like it!

05/26/2015 11:25 AM

artz

No Hate here just don't like snake Oil salesmen playing everyone for a fool.  What they hate is someone calling BS on their claims.  

It's like everyother TD in Florida came from Oceanside and was shaped by Donald. How RC ever sells one of his DT Boards here in Florida is anyones guess?  Guess all the Surfboard Hawaiis he sells were all shaped in 1966/67 At the Surfboards Hawaii Factory in Encinitas  Hey I'm sure this one I have for sale for $3000 was shaped by Al Merrick when he worked there.   That David Neuuiwa Noserided was shaped by him and he rode it at Hunington Beach. The Yater Spoon was the one Dora rode at Rincon before he made his deal with Noll.  Worth at least $5000.00  

Edited: 05/26/2015 at 11:32 AM by artz
 05/26/2015 12:09 PM

artz

Did some homework and made a call to an old friend that still builds boards in Oceanside,  

The  Boards with Volen is part of the Classics 60s Series . The Board is not from the 1960's t They are reproductions of some of his Classic shapes from the 1960s He designed a lot of Boards for Jacobs Bing and Others one of his Designs was when he was with Bing and he and his old friend David Neuuiwa came up with the Daivid Neuwiwa Nose Rider. He also was the brains behind the best selling board of that era  The Weber Proformer.  The Board you are selling  a machined black hand finish in DT's old Factory in Oceanside.  Glassed with Volen to replicate the 1960's look  They were designed by DT. But of course not shaped by him. They are selling for and around $1200 to $1400 new in Calif. Not sure if Ricky Carroll is doing the DT 60s Classics here in Florida.  So Now you know.  

05/26/2015 12:31 PM

Stripecat

Joined Forum: 07/30/2013

mm. well played. 

05/26/2015 02:55 PM

theslasher

cool never said he shaped it! who did ya call JP! either way it's 1,200 $  for 10 ft volan tint bad ass board! hence the word hearsay? with case and fin! don't give a shit if I sell it anyway!! 

05/26/2015 03:41 PM

mdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/27/2009

Slash take it easy. It is a nice board and you can ask what ever price you want for the board- you are selling it. Even if it is a nameless shaper from the west coast under the Tak Shop name and glassed by another shop.  I have seen Glassing from Cali that was much better than the best here in FL.  Shipping from Cali to Fla is not cheap either.  I have had to pay up to $200 just for shipping and that does not add to the value of the board just the cost.

Sorry Artz, but since you are in the correcting mode- I have to Correct you.  David Nuuhiwa is the correct spelling. 

Bing did sponsor David and there was a Bing-Nuuhiwa noserider model at one time shaped by DT under the Bing label, way back when. Now Bing-Matt Clavani sells a Bing noserider and David and Jan Nuuhiwa sell the Nuuhiwa noserider.  I worked with David and Jan to get three boards commissioned and they are beautiful. Signed by David and I sold two to the Longboard house for what I paid and they tripled the price and sold them in the same month.

There are no new Bing Nuuhiwa noserider boards like mentioned in another for sale here.  Matt Calvani from Bing is making a Nose rider model but check the label- it does not say BING-NUUHIWA.  It just says Bing.  The Bing is similar to the Nuuhiwa Model but it is different.  As in the Nuuhiwa noserider it is not by Bing.  So there is a little of it is like this not that.

05/26/2015 04:28 PM

Stripecat

Joined Forum: 07/30/2013

Originally posted by: mdsurf Slash take it easy. It is a nice board and you can ask what ever price you want for the board- you are selling it. Even if it is a nameless shaper from the west coast under the Tak Shop name and glassed by another shop.  I have seen Glassing from Cali that was much better than the best here in FL.  Shipping from Cali to Fla is not cheap either.  I have had to pay up to $200 just for shipping and that does not add to the value of the board just the cost.

Sorry Artz, but since you are in the correcting mode- I have to Correct you.  David Nuuhiwa is the correct spelling. 

Bing did sponsor David and there was a Bing-Nuuhiwa noserider model at one time shaped by DT under the Bing label, way back when. Now Bing-Matt Clavani sells a Bing noserider and David and Jan Nuuhiwa sell the Nuuhiwa noserider.  I worked with David and Jan to get three boards commissioned and they are beautiful. Signed by David and I sold two to the Longboard house for what I paid and they tripled the price and sold them in the same month.

There are no new Bing Nuuhiwa noserider boards like mentioned in another for sale here.  Matt Calvani from Bing is making a Nose rider model but check the label- it does not say BING-NUUHIWA.  It just says Bing.  The Bing is similar to the Nuuhiwa Model but it is different.  As in the Nuuhiwa noserider it is not by Bing.  So there is a little of it is like this not that.

"..I have seen Glassing from Cali that was much better than the best here in FL. "

Yikes, m..I wouldn't go THAT far.

05/26/2015 04:32 PM

artz

Thanks for putting The Nuuhiwa NR in persective.  I was  refering to the Orginal that Donald and David designed in the 1960s  

Now we need David to come up with a new Nuuhiwa Fish.  Like Tabling He was a Master of the Twin keel Fish.  

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .