Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Flounder are chewing in Jax FL
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/02/2017 11:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/02/2017 11:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

should be biting down your way soon(Cole!).

After seeing tons of reports and a neighbor getting 30 nice fish with a 7lb and a couple fours and fives last week, I went out Saturday fishing docks and rocks towards the mouth of the mayport inlet(in the rain) and we got 16 nice ones, with two 4.5lbs and a 5lb.

All pitching and dragging live mullet...Im also slowly drinking the "baitcaster coolaid" as my buddy wont let me bring my spinning reels on his boat LOL

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/03/2017 06:21 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Huh? I wonder if the last few seasons at Sebastian have been slow due to lack of fish or the fact that we have been fishing for them after they have passed through?

I sure gonna find out.

I was right.
 10/03/2017 08:45 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I think (up here at least) the hurricane and mullet run, coupled with a couple weak cold fronts, have go them moving....plus these areas can hold flounder year around.

Little speculation- the internet and instagram are putting so many people in the "know"(or just make their catches more visible) that I think the pressure is causing fish to change their behavior.

We don't get beach runs of cobia like we used to, and with the flatties, there are dozens of captains and rec anglers alike who see the bite happening and go out and get limits everyday until it dries up in this area- plus we have giggers at night, then when they get offshore on the barges they spearo's round em up big time.

Maybe as they move and don't see many of their buddies they hurry up and scoot off thinking their late to the party!?

Our annual "flounder pounder" tournament is the end of the month and im thinking there wont be many fish left!

Despite their growth and reproductive rates 10 fish per person with no boat limit is insane day in and day out.

I used to do good at jetty park dragging mullet on the sand bank off the rocks but before the drop off to the channel, could be worth a check!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .