Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fishing picking up
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/05/2019 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/05/2019 06:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Looks like fishing is firing on all cylinders. Up here in NE FL we have bait everywhere inside and on the beach, spanish macks, tarpon, reds, flounder moving back in from offshore nice trout. Offshore the mangroves are gathering for the spawn....would really like to get in on that action one day!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life

Edited: 06/05/2019 at 06:23 AM by stokedpanda
 06/05/2019 07:26 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

been sporadic here. all about the bait. big bait pods before sunrise on sunday with the high tide. had tarpon, snook, sharks, and macks crashing them. tarpon even rolling 5 ft from the shore. 10 minutes after sunrise, pods and fish were gone
 06/05/2019 10:32 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

been sporadic here. all about the bait. big bait pods before sunrise on sunday with the high tide. had tarpon, snook, sharks, and macks crashing them. tarpon even rolling 5 ft from the shore. 10 minutes after sunrise, pods and fish were gone

Wow, I have been wanting to catch the "beach blitz" down south as I dearly miss the snook, even if just catch and release now though. The pods seem to move out and deep in the afternoon

06/06/2019 01:48 PM

MR

Joined Forum: 08/06/2007

The beach has been firing down by me in Indialantic. Theres been keeper cobia, kings, spanish, all caught from the beach in the am. Look for the bait pods and mimic the glass minnows/greenies if you don't have live bait. Spoons and swimming jigs have been deadly on the spanish macks.
 06/06/2019 05:49 PM

tertle

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

took the kayak out this past sunday around IHB. lots and lots (and i mean lots) of big jacks right off the beach. got broke off about 3 or 4 times. foul hooked one and it took me forever to get him in.

couldn't get any bait with the sabiki in the am (which i thought was odd). hours later when the tide dropped, the bait showed up. little after that, found a nice school of tarpon (about 50-100) moving north, tossed everything i had at them (live pinfish/pilchards along with some artificials). all that did was make them scatter....ugh
 06/07/2019 11:38 AM

stokedpanda

awesome, as MR mentioned even the big tarpon may be keying in on minnows. may not land one but could be worth a hook up by trying a very small white rapala or teeny tiny swimbait. cast right on their head they will spook or may bite

06/07/2019 12:02 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Did some skinny water kayak fishing sunday.... and took to the ocean monday. Sunday creeped around my fav backwater spot... got 4 keeper flounder (or Flukes as you guys would say ) Lost a few others.... all in 2' or less of water on rootbeer/chartreuse curly tail DOAs on a 1/8 oz jighead... Spooked a HUGE redfish early that morning, that still haunts me (had to have been well over slot) Threw a WAVE when he panicked. Monday headed off the beach as it's been as flat as it gets... trolled for kings. Pulling a Manns Stretch 25 on wire, and a large swimshad on fluro......rt away, got a solid hookup. Thought it was a NICE king. Turned out to be a foul hooked bonito Still got the blood flowing .....A little while later... same rod /rig... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..... OH SHIT. BIG King, dumped like 50 yards of line instantly..... then gone. Ate through the Fluro. Wind unexpectedly came up pretty solid from the NW and kinda kicked my ass.... There were Spanish Macks jumping all around, but the tackle I had was too big, and the surface chop made it hard to see, and impossible for me to stand and sight cast.... came in after 3 hours. Pretty spent. Wanted to get after em tuesday as it was FLAT but don't have it in the tank to lug all that gear down the beach and paddle for a few hours.... went out a mile plus on monday...and trolled the whole time. did sneak out wednesday morn... 3rd cast a decent flounder inhaled a 6" DOA jerkbait. thought it would be on fire... just ended up with one more small one, and I only kept him because he inhaled the jig/grub to his guts.. back to work/reality....... sorry about the lack of paragraphs.... whats the deal with this site?

Edited: 06/07/2019 at 12:04 PM by Plan B
 06/07/2019 04:26 PM

tertle

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

awesome, as MR mentioned even the big tarpon may be keying in on minnows. may not land one but could be worth a hook up by trying a very small white rapala or teeny tiny swimbait. cast right on their head they will spook or may bite

i think that's what the jacks were hitting, smaller bait. i was throwing some heddon spooks and smaller twitch baits. think i got them on both tho......if i remember correctly.

06/13/2019 06:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Is fresh water being dumped into the inlet?

I was right.
 06/17/2019 07:37 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

We had an overnight trip for the Middle Grounds planned for Fri-Sat.... that got canceled last minute when the forecast changed (wouldve been a long ride in in a 28CC) Boat's ower asked if we wanted to bottom fish on sunday. Well..... it wasnt an overnighter 100 miles offshore in the gulf, but did get to bottom fish 50+ off of JAX yesterday.... bumpy ride out and we could only do 20 kts (luckily laid down throughout the day and ride in was nice) My first drop (on a 50# dropper rig with little 2/0 hooks for trigger fish) pulled up a keeper cobia Got slow from there with mostly junk fish... so we kept pushing out deeper to 150'....and made a late 4th qtr comeback In the end 4 of us tallied: 1 cobia, 17 trigger fish (a few nice ones) and our 20 fish limit of beeliners (vermillion snapper) with alot of nice ones around 20".... and unfortunately 2 pretty large sharks that we thought may have been grouper or Amberjacks Left my house before 5am.... got back home at 10pm draggin ass today

Edited: 06/17/2019 at 07:38 AM by Plan B
 06/17/2019 10:30 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Nice. I'll take Beeliners any day.

I was right.
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .