Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Public Service Announcement - PVC Irrigation fittings
Topic Summary: LASCO vs. LESSO
Created On: 05/12/2018 06:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/12/2018 06:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Palm_Grower

Joined Forum: 09/11/2004

Greetings, I hope to save you, or a loved one, some future digging and/or frustration. After 18 years, thousands of dollars in fittings and hundreds of hours planning and digging, I would recommend that you use LASCO PVC fittings and stay away from LESSO fittings. If you have upcoming irrigation projects that you plan to hire out, I would demand the use of LASCO products and verify that they say LASCO on them. This past week I was digging to locate a pipe for another project at the fruit farm. I noticed the sand was wet. As I removed more and more dirt the water started to stream out of small holes IN the fitting, NOT around the glue joint. Not one, not two, but THREE LESSO 1 1/2' "T" fittings all leaking from the same location. It is where the perpendicular port meets the lateral part. Looks to be a manufacturing problem. The supply house that I have been buying from for close to 20 years, confirmed that the LESSO fittings are not as good as the LASCO fittings. They sell them because they are cheaper. Now I know why. Somebody there also told me that a certain irrigation company (in north Brevard) refuses to use LESSO fittings. Buyer be ware.
 05/13/2018 03:06 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Thanks!

-------------------------
Time and tide wait for no one.....
 05/15/2018 01:21 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

My yard needs an irrigation system. Thanks.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .