Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Laird Hamilton on Joe Rogan
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/05/2019 05:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Laird Hamilton on Joe Rogan   - Sniper - 06/05/2019 05:25 AM  
 Laird Hamilton on Joe Rogan   - tom - 06/05/2019 05:51 AM  
 Laird Hamilton on Joe Rogan   - stokedpanda - 06/05/2019 06:19 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/05/2019 05:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Anyone else listen to the Laird Hamilton interview/conversation on Joe Rogan a week or so ago? I thought it was pretty interesting overall but there were a few things about it that stood out as being a bit odd. First of all, I guess it has been a while since I have heard him speak but his voice sounded like that of a wiry meth-head or a crazy cab driver. I know the guy is ridiculously healthy and all that but his voice just sounds weird. He also seems to have really distanced himself from the surfing community which seems pretty hard when you still surf and live on an island in Hawaii that only has around 60,000 year-round residents. He basically said that he still knows people who surf but not many. How is that possible? I know he is still into a lot of different stuff, including winter sports but it just seems weird. Also, he seems to do a lot of weird stuff in the name of fitness that he admits he doesn't have any medical evidence to back up its benefits. He alternates sitting in saunas at 220 degrees and doing ice-baths sometimes up to 7 rounds per day. I think a lot of people pushing themselves have a bit of a mindset that if it is harder, do it but most people thinking this way don't have the money and resources that Laird Hamilton has available to them. Most people are just trying to figure it out by trial and error with exercise and diet. Hamilton sounds like he is just trying to break himself. To me, there's a difference between having a healthy exercise regiment based on what is proven to work and doing anything that sucks just to put your body under more stress. Maybe he knows more than he's letting on but in the interview, he sounded like he wasn't sure if it did him any good or not but it sucked so he does it. If sitting in a sauna at 220 degrees for extended periods of time does me no good, then F that. If you are just trying to break yourself, then why not buy a farm and go nuts working yourself to death or something? Anyway, that guy is definitely one of a kind.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 06/05/2019 at 05:47 AM by Sniper
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .