Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards dies at 91.
Topic Summary: The man was a legend.
Created On: 07/13/2021 07:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards dies at 91.   - johnnyboy - 07/13/2021 07:57 AM  
 Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards dies at 91.   - RustyTruck - 07/13/2021 09:58 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2021 07:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Truly one of the most entertaining politicians I have ever witnessed. A man unafraid to mock the prudent, sincere in his dishonesty and funny when it was absolutely not appropriate.

http://www.npr.org/2021/07/12/...nor-of-louisiana-dies
>>Edwards did lose the governorship in 1987 to a good government candidate but was back four years later in a contest against former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke that garnered national attention. Bumper stickers proclaimed: "Vote for the Crook. It's important."<<

I actually went to college in Louisiana and voted for him in his race against David Duke. Duke was busy embarrassing the GOP by wearing a suit and talking about conservative values better than them. Abortion was then as now a huge wedge issue. Edwards one upped him and passed out his Pro Life bumper stickers that said "Ya Mama was pro life dawlin." When Duke polled at 45% the press asked if he thought he might lose and he said they could find him in bed with a dead hooker and he would still win. Of course this was printed everywhere and so at the next press conference they asked if he really meant such an outrageous statement. He laughed and did I say that? At this point, you could find me in bed with a live boy and I WOULD STILL beat the sheet wearin sonofabitch.

He did. I would see the "Vote for the Crook, Its important" bumper stickers years later and just laugh. I would love one on my car now.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .