Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Who Gets to Read Your Text Messages After You Die?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2022 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Who Gets to Read Your Text Messages After You Die?   - WG - 09/29/2022 05:03 PM  
 Who Gets to Read Your Text Messages After You Die?   - dingpatch - 09/30/2022 09:41 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/29/2022 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"This week, the New York Times reported on the forthcoming publication of a new unauthorized biography of the late TV star Anthony Bourdain, who died by suicide in 2018. The story included one particularly striking detail about author Charles Leerhsen's sourcing: "The book's most revealing material comes from files and messages pulled from Mr. Bourdain's phone and laptop, both of which are part of the estate."

It would be easy to skip right over that part of the piece to wade further into the controversy surrounding the book, but if you get to thinking about it, it raises some pretty interesting - and potentially alarming - questions. First among them: If Anthony Bourdain's text messages became part of his estate when he died, does that mean that my text messages will become part of my estate when I die? And does that mean that whoever controls my estate will be able to read all my text messages when I'm dead?"

Slate

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .