Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Awash in Victory, Marjorie Taylor Greene Lives the Motto, 'What Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/25/2022 07:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 05/25/2022 07:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Awash in Victory, Marjorie Taylor Greene Lives the Motto, 'What Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger'
By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | May 25, 2022 2:00 AM ET

Love her or hate her, Marjorie Taylor Greene (MTG) is now a political bulldozer and a force to be reckoned. Established MAGA royalty, MTG is more than a proven Trump loyalist or a firebrand in stillettos. After handily winning Tuesday's primary, MTG now has a dynamism that will not only carry her through the general, but will carry along anyone whom she chooses to ride her coattails.

That's the type of juice that separates a power candidate from a poser (looking at you, AOC). MTG has entered the realm of power candidate, and should the Republican's take over the House of Representatives in November, expect her to leverage it.

The New York Post reports on her primary victory:

Far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene easily won a crowded Republican primary in Georgia on Tuesday, fending off five challengers and surviving ongoing backlash over her controversial statements and behavior.

The 47-year-old political lightning rod leaned in to her national notoriety to raise millions for her first reelection bid and will now run in the general election to represent the safely Republican 11th Congressional District in the Peach State.

The incumbent held 70.4% of the vote when the race was called with 44% of precincts reporting, according to the Associated Press.

The Democrats thought they could reduce MTG with the campaign to strip her of her committee assignments because of past nonsense on her Facebook page. MTG explained her past actions, and offered apologies, she stopped short of rolling over or backing down. The only thing this attack served to do was build MTG's base of support and help her capture the nation's attention. While the Democrats succeeded in stripping MTG of those assignments, she did not go gently into that good night. If anything, her dominance was magnified and her voice increased. Twitter (pre-Elon) then went on to remove her personal account. Her Congressional account is still intact, and she still tweets regularly.

Surveillance cameras to secure the few cans of baby formula but with Democrats we can't even secure our border.

In Joe Biden's America, the most abundant powder is fentanyl, not baby formula. pic.twitter.com/sZTkPpZfDC

- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene???? (@RepMTG) May 23, 2022

Q-Anon is yesterday's news, and as Americans struggle to feed their families and fill their gas tanks, J6, and who was involved, fades further into the background. What Americans do care about: MTG using her platform and reach to speak about issues that concern them.

The last-ditch Democrat effort to unseat MTG before the primary involved an obscure Georgia law, and an attempt to make a tenuous connection between that and the so-called J6 insurrection. MTG's ability to overcome this was what changed the game, as my colleague Becca Lower reported

But Greene only garnered victory after overcoming legal attempts to challenge her ability to appear on the primary ballot; activists unsuccessfully tried to tie her to the January 6th Capitol riot.

Thanks to Free Speech for the People's attempt to keep her off the primary ballot, MTG has now become a folk hero.

*Slow Golf Clap*

While MTG will face veteran Marcus Flowers (D-Sucks to Be You) in the November general, barring a catastrophic event, the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

My name is Marcus Flowers and I am the Democratic nominee for Georgia's 14th Congressional District.

On November 8th, I will unseat Marjorie Taylor Greene. pic.twitter.com/rEYDSREKKn

- Marcus Flowers (@Marcus4Georgia) May 25, 2022

Yeah, good luck with that.

The beauty of all this is that MTG will continue to be a thorn in the Democrats' side. As the party continues to double down on stupidity, MTG will continue to call them out on their double-dealing and hypocrisy. She will also continue to build her election coffers and the Republican Party coffers, simply by being who she is.

But Greene managed to become one of Congress' biggest fundraisers - amassing $9 million for her reelection bid with none of her challengers even hitting the $400,000 mark, according to the Associated Press. She spent $6.6 million before the primary, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

MTG has won, and lives on to fight another day. that guarantees that it will be an entertaining six months until November.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .