Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Edit: Volusia County Beaches changed to open for exercise
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/02/2020 01:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/02/2020 01:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SunriseSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Volusia County's beaches closing Friday

DAYTONA BEACH - Volusia County beaches will close at 12:01 Friday to everyone,
County Manager George Recktenwald announced Thursday afternoon.

The move, Recktenwald said, comes because the county does not want to send an
inconsistent message about social distancing to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

-------------------------
Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013

Edited: 04/04/2020 at 11:34 AM by SunriseSurfer
 04/04/2020 11:36 AM

SunriseSurfer

Volusia County Changes restrictions for Beach

According to a news release, beach areas are closed to all activities except walking, jogging, biking, fishing, surfing and swimming.

Sunbathing, sitting in chairs, organized sports, or laying on blankets, and grouping of persons is not permitted, according to a news release. Public parking at beaches will stay closed.

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 04/04/2020 03:21 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

New Smyrna will be epic the next 3 days, NE swell will be so good, park at the beach lot and walk on in...Beaches open for surfing ....NSI will be the spot, water's warm, waves will be firing, bonus is light traffic on I4 out of O-town. Thanks Volusia! the best spot for this swell has opened for surfing...go get 'em

Edited: 04/04/2020 at 03:25 PM by SurferMic
 04/04/2020 04:39 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: SurferMic

New Smyrna will be epic the next 3 days, NE swell will be so good, park at the beach lot and walk on in...Beaches open for surfing ....NSI will be the spot, water's warm, waves will be firing, bonus is light traffic on I4 out of O-town. Thanks Volusia! the best spot for this swell has opened for surfing...go get 'em

I've tried this before, it didn't work. lol

I was right.
 04/04/2020 07:42 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: SurferMic New Smyrna will be epic the next 3 days, NE swell will be so good, park at the beach lot and walk on in...Beaches open for surfing ....NSI will be the spot, water's warm, waves will be firing, bonus is light traffic on I4 out of O-town. Thanks Volusia! the best spot for this swell has opened for surfing...go get 'em
They might target out of country plates near beach access... technically we're under a state wide stay at home order, - violation can be a second degree misdemeanor - only permitted "essential services or activities." And I don't think Johnny law will define driving 50 miles to go for a surf as an essential activity. I will say though that I'm really glad they adjusted this as for those of who pay the premium to live ocean front part of those property taxes we pay are to have the beach as our backyard. I understand closing the public parks & access to prevent large groups, but damn saying can't even go for walk on the beach was a little extreme! The way Brevard had it was the right way for our areas! Different story down south FLa due to the population density, but for our local area I this makes sense

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

04/05/2020 04:35 AM

SurferMic

^ any surfer who travels the both coastlines of FL should know to never get a county plate just "FL - Sunshine state" . BTW - Small here, looks bigger in Volusia
 04/05/2020 07:53 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: SurferMic New Smyrna will be epic the next 3 days, NE swell will be so good, park at the beach lot and walk on in...Beaches open for surfing ....NSI will be the spot, water's warm, waves will be firing, bonus is light traffic on I4 out of O-town. Thanks Volusia! the best spot for this swell has opened for surfing...go get 'em
haha.... pretty funny. Bad sad when you factor Orange county influx to NSB this weekend

Edited: 04/05/2020 at 07:54 AM by Plan B
 04/05/2020 08:10 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: SurferMic ^ any surfer who travels the both coastlines of FL should know to never get a county plate just "FL - Sunshine state" . BTW - Small here, looks bigger in Volusia
both y'all must be new around here &/ or out of touch...county plates stopped in 77!
 04/05/2020 09:52 AM

SurferMic

^^^ Pretty sure on issue they ask if you want county or Sunshine State for the non-specialized tags ...."In 65 of Florida's 67 counties, including Broward and Palm Beach counties, drivers can choose between standard tags featuring the name of the issuing county or Sunshine State across the bottom"...works well for me at Stuart Rocks and some spots in S. FL and around the Panhandle...I got "Sunshine State" mainly for the Rocks Parking lot and Reef Road if you know what I mean..

Edited: 04/05/2020 at 09:55 AM by SurferMic
 04/05/2020 10:27 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: SurferMic ^^^ Pretty sure on issue they ask if you want county or Sunshine State for the non-specialized tags ...."In 65 of Florida's 67 counties, including Broward and Palm Beach counties, drivers can choose between standard tags featuring the name of the issuing county or Sunshine State across the bottom"...works well for me at Stuart Rocks and some spots in S. FL and around the Panhandle...I got "Sunshine State" mainly for the Rocks Parking lot and Reef Road if you know what I mean..
Ha... yep... SAINT JOHNS COUNTY plates represent Funny you say that. This was years ago (15?) I took off from work & went down for N swell (passing by us as always) and it was pumping... it was weekday and lowtide was midday. I was worried about this and backed up into the bushes.... but there were More peeps in the "Shack" than the lineup..... heard a loud "WHOOOO" from the beach as I stroked into a set wave. Tried to pull in on the inside section and came up with the nose of my board flapping in my face. Came back later that day with 3/4 of a board wrapped in duct tape I bought at ACE.... in the lot a guy comes up to me "Did you break that this morn?'.... "Unfortunately yeah.".... "Well I was on the beach taking shots from video grabs, and sell them if you want this.".... pulls a 4x6 in a cheap frame from a bag. "This looks like you".... "Ha yeah!... how much?"... .."is 10 bucks cool?".... "fair price for a souvenier!".... pulled out a ten spot, said thanks and went back out....... was alot mellower then, and more crowded.... THATS when I got some stink eye from team Impact. LOL. To this day, I never road trip with only one board
 04/05/2020 01:51 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: SurferMic ^ any surfer who travels the both coastlines of FL should know to never get a county plate just "FL - Sunshine state" . BTW - Small here, looks bigger in Volusia
Yep... it was good size up here then kinda changed after the rain came now barley breaking on outside ( but I'm just looking at beach in front of house, didn't go down road to spot with good sandbar )

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .