Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Zion Williamson's Former Agent Alleges He Received 'Money, Benefits, And Favors' To Attend Duke
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/11/2020 04:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/11/2020 04:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Zion Williamson's Former Agent Alleges He Received 'Money, Benefits, And Favors' To Attend Duke
#ZION WILLIAMSON
by Eric Ital 16 hours ago

https://brobible.com/sports/ar...mer-agent-accusations/
 05/11/2020 08:56 AM

johnnyboy

He was going to go to the number one school with the number one coach. UCF almost got past them last year.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/11/2020 09:29 AM

Central Floridave

Just one rim out away for the upset! Ugh...if this is true, Duke are cheaters like all the others.
 05/11/2020 06:23 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Just one rim out away for the upset! Ugh...if this is true, Duke are cheaters like all the others.

You mean like this school:

"The XXXXXX's were hit with a one-year postseason ban in football and men's basketball. XXX was fined $50,000 and placed on five years probation. Former XXX athletic director Keith Tribble and men's basketball coach Donnie Jones were given three-year "show cause" penalties, and former receivers coach David Kelly was hit with a one-year "show cause" penalty."

Glass houses dude ..... glass houses.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 05/12/2020 10:48 AM

Central Floridave

Post season ban was overturned on appeal and thus won the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, finished 13-1 and beat Big 12 Champion Baylor. It was for sending out too many texts which now is legal. What they got in trouble about was lying about it and trying to cover it up, not the actual NCAA crime.

Much different than paying a player to come play. Show me where UCF did that.

Edited: 05/12/2020 at 10:49 AM by Central Floridave
 05/12/2020 11:28 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

That would be devastating to coach K's reputation. I hope it's not true.

That UCF v Duke game was outstanding.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 05/12/2020 at 11:38 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 05/13/2020 08:03 AM

johnnyboy

He is a physical specimen for the ages and built for a basketball game that feels like football. They say you can't make rules for the exception. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to figure out ways to get paid with him.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/11/2020 05:49 AM

Central Floridave

Gina Ford Alleges Zion Williamson Should've Been Permanently Ineligible at Duke

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...utm_campaign=editorial
 06/11/2020 07:47 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Post season ban was overturned on appeal and thus won the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, finished 13-1 and beat Big 12 Champion Baylor. It was for sending out too many texts which now is legal. What they got in trouble about was lying about it and trying to cover it up, not the actual NCAA crime.

Much different than paying a player to come play. Show me where UCF did that.

Did or did not the UCF Men's BASKETBALL (remember you started this thread about a basketball player / team / school ) serve their full NCAA penalty ??

Also, the penalties I was referring to were for: 3rd party "recruiting violations" ( you know, $$$) and the infamous "lack of institutional control"

AND, these were AFTER the O'Leary era violations that you refered to.

Like I said ....... glass houses.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

06/11/2020 08:00 AM

Central Floridave

LBlarry, the penalty was from recruitting Kevin Ware who eventually went to Rick Pitino. Remember Ricky? Dancers/prostitutes for recruits. UCF fault was inappropiate calling/texting. Then UCF AD lied about it. He was fired immediately. Let me know when Duke fires anyone over this for actually paying a recruit. I"ll be waiting.
 06/11/2020 09:03 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Warning to all 2ndlighters - Do NOT, ever, EVER get Dave started on UCF. He cannot let it go or admit that UCF is ever anything except a paragon of virtue and excellence. Don't bother to ever mention UCF except in the most exemplary of terms.
 06/11/2020 09:22 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: garcia

Warning to all 2ndlighters - Do NOT, ever, EVER get Dave started on UCF. He cannot let it go or admit that UCF is ever anything except a paragon of virtue and excellence. Don't bother to ever mention UCF except in the most exemplary of terms.

It just cracks me up!! His Black&Gold goggles are strapped on sooooooo tight that it has cut off all blood flow to both his brain and vision.

All he ever does is rationalize and deflect. That level of blind loyalty and devotion is just fucking weird to me.

06/11/2020 10:58 AM

Central Floridave

LOL. You are wrong. Read again, said UCF was guilty of what they were accused of. Did I deny that? Nope. Fired the AD. However, the NCAA infractions in no way were as bad as paying a player and the punishment to UCF for a minor infraction was way harder than uh...Louisville. Or how about North Carolina. They had like 60 athletes cheat on grades. What was their penalty? Nada. Thus, don't give me this whole glass houses thing. UCF glass house was shattered for sending Texts off period, dealing with a 'scout' which turned out to be very close friends to AJ Rompza who was caught up in it. And, btw, AJ Rompza was a 5'6" white dude and not a 5 star athlete like Zion was. He was a 2 star basketball point guard. Like UCF really needed to pay a scout for him to come to UCF? Then the Kevin Ware thing. Kevin ended up going to Pitino's Loserville right in the middle of the whole prostitution thing for recruits rather than coming to UCF. Yeah. Hard to compete with that kind of recruiting.

"All he ever does is rationalize and deflect." lblarry, you are the one who deflected by bringing up UCF. Not me. That makes you the deflector. Yes, I will admit I rationalized it though. Sue me for that.
 06/11/2020 11:04 AM

Central Floridave

Back on thread track:

Should Nike, Duke, Coach K and Zion Williamson be worried about latest legal filings?

https://sports.yahoo.com/shoul...filings-040943414.html
 06/12/2020 04:59 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Dave, You must have been a handful as a kid - "Why am I being punished?? Jimmie did way worse! Wahhhhhhhh" Life ain't fair, the rich always get treated better.
 06/15/2020 08:03 AM

Central Floridave

Nope, that wasn't me. Try again.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs bill allowing college athletes to be paid for name, image and likeness

http://www.cbssports.com/colle...me-image-and-likeness/
 06/18/2020 06:39 AM

Central Floridave

Report: Zion Williamson Granted Stay in Lawsuit Filed by Gina Ford
ELIZABETH SWINTON16 HOURS AGO

https://www.si.com/college/202...awsuit-filed-gina-ford
 06/18/2020 06:46 AM

Central Floridave

Zion Williamson scores legal victory as judge grants stay against ex-marketing agent's lawsuit

https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-...lawsuit-224051174.html
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .