Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bobby Bowden
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2021 05:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2021 05:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Not long for this world.

Waiting for Jesus to kick him through the goal posts of eternity.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 07/22/2021 at 05:40 AM by RustyTruck
 07/22/2021 07:07 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Praying it's not wide right!
 07/22/2021 09:13 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

LOL on the wide right. It's hard to hate on Bobby Bowden, even gator fans can't. He is too nice of a guy. I saw yesterday that he has a terminal illness. 90 something years old.

Earlier this morning I googled Dick van Dyke to see if he was still kicking. He is! 95 years old. There is hope for all of us!
 07/22/2021 10:01 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Hated rival team with years of great and not so great memories but no one can knock on Bowden, the mans a living legend and when he does pass legends never die
 07/22/2021 10:26 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Bobby was not the font of integrity everyone would like to portray him as. He was a good old boy but he ran an outlaw program. The press gave him a pass because he knew their Mama's favorite cornbread recipe. But, his real legacy is separate rules (or lack thereof) for his stars (think Jaworski's Rufinol, aka Date Rape Drug, "escapade" and Bowden's response regarding "Polish rules", along with many others). He punished those who weren't stars, but his stars were home free.
 07/22/2021 12:08 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Garcia is right, I always admired him, especially when I was a student at FSU, but in recent years it's become clear that his "aw shucks" façade was just that.
He was an old south football coach and nothing more.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 07/22/2021 12:09 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

LOL on the wide right. It's hard to hate on Bobby Bowden, even gator fans can't. He is too nice of a guy. I saw yesterday that he has a terminal illness. 90 something years old.

Earlier this morning I googled Dick van Dyke to see if he was still kicking. He is! 95 years old. There is hope for all of us!

Betty White is 99 and still cracking jokes herself
 07/22/2021 12:23 PM

Central Floridave

"It's hard to hate on Bobby Bowden"

I take that back, apparently, Haters gonna Hate...
 07/22/2021 03:32 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

"It's hard to hate on Bobby Bowden"

I take that back, apparently, Haters gonna Hate...

Factually pointing out that the "saint bobby" thing was manufactured BS is not "hate" ... it is the truth

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 07/22/2021 04:23 PM

garcia

Thanks Larry. One thing we have learned over the years is that CFL's football opinions seldom have any basis in facts. He is obviously averse to logic. Perhaps he should have chosen to attend a school with a Logic program vs. an engrg trade school.
 07/23/2021 05:08 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: garcia

Thanks Larry. One thing we have learned over the years is that CFL's football opinions seldom have any basis in facts. He is obviously averse to logic. Perhaps he should have chosen to attend a school with a Logic program vs. an engrg trade school.

Over the years have known a LOT of people that suffer from this same affliction of blind, unquestioning, unreasoning loyalty when it comes to their sports team(s). In their world, there is only 2 states of existence; this same level of blind loyalty and "haters"

It is very odd to me and has been repeatedly shown to be often ultimately detrimental to the growth of the very thing they are so very loyal to

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

07/23/2021 08:55 AM

Central Floridave

Proving me right. Thanks. Haters gonna hate. Bobby Bowden peed in your morning cereal I see. I guess I have as well. Carry on.
 07/23/2021 08:56 AM

garcia

I grew up a Gator fan, and went to UF (class of '76). It is amazing to hear all the newbies talking about the Gator's "proud tradition". I remember that tradition, and it was nothing to be proud of. We always, ALWAYS, lost the big game, just when it appeared to be "our season". Our proud tradition began with, and so far has only included, Steve Spurrier's tenure. (Urban Meyer fielded great teams that, with exceptions, seemed to be largely comprised of miscreants and never seemed to embrace the University or its fans.) Too many Gator fans, esp the young ones, are arrogant and entitled. (I went to Spurrier's last game vs. Md in the Orange Bowl, when UF should have been playing for the NC in Pasadena. However, once again, they had lost their last game, this time to UT, not UGa. The UF kids were ragging on the Md kids, and not in a fun way. Finally the Md kids had enough and one said, "Hey, you can't ruin my night. We were picked to be last in the ACC and here we are in the Orange Bowl. Where were you supposed to be??!!" A GREAT putdown.) Too many of our fans feel entitled and think we should be playing for an SEC and national championship every year. Knowing our history, I am grateful for success when it is achieved, but, temper it with the knowledge that it is fleeting. I think UM, F$U and UCF should adopt a similar outlook - gratitude and appreciation for the relatively few successes we enjoy. And, no, UCF does not have Natl Championship. Congratulations on a perfect season, but, they need to accept facts and get over themselves.
 07/23/2021 08:58 AM

garcia

Every time you write, you buttress my point.
 07/23/2021 10:33 AM

Central Floridave

UCF has a National Championship just like any other school that has claimed it in the past. We can rehash all the co-National Champions in the past if you want. Plus, it's in the NCAA record books that UCF is Co-Nationial Champion with Bama. Let me know if you want me to point you to the NCAA.com link to show you that.

The College Football Playoff is an invitational owned by ESPN. It's protectionism to the schools that make the most money, not the best team. UCF was the best team in the Nation in 2017. The only undefeated team, won their conference (Bama didn't win theirs). Plus, UCF beat the team that beat both the teams in the CFP invitational, Georgia and Bama. Why were two teams in the same conference in the the finals? It's rigged...Thus, UCF claimed a National Championship and I'm glad it's a thorn in everyone's else's side. Deal with it the best you can. Dispute it the best you can. But, your comments can't take it away.
 07/23/2021 12:08 PM

garcia

Once again, you post, "Blah, blah, blah". You should change your handle to "One Note".
 07/23/2021 12:10 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: garcia Thanks Larry. One thing we have learned over the years is that CFL's football opinions seldom have any basis in facts. He is obviously averse to logic. Perhaps he should have chosen to attend a school with a Logic program vs. an engrg trade school.
OUCH!
 07/23/2021 12:12 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Central Floridave "It's hard to hate on Bobby Bowden" I take that back, apparently, Haters gonna Hate...
It's in a gator's DNA, Dave. How can you not know that?
 07/23/2021 03:49 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: garcia

Every time you write, you buttress my point.

It is amazing, isn't it!!

07/23/2021 03:55 PM

LBLarry

Plus, it's in the NCAA record books that UCF is Co-Nationial Champion with Bama. Let me know if you want me to point you to the NCAA.com link to show you that.

Yes .... please do that.

FORUMS : NPNR : Bobby Bowden

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .