Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A classic Blues album from start to finish.
Topic Summary: Robert Cray's Strong Persuader
Created On: 10/25/2022 11:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2022 11:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...EFCeBgrK8IEuBAhKP8u02

I was talking with a friend of mine and we were going over the ten albums we would take to a desert island and he said this was one of his. I forgot about it and listened to it again and I remember now why I loved it so much so long ago.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/25/2022 12:55 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Totally agree, love Robert Cray.
Besides Strong Persuader, Some Rainy Morning is a personal favorite. I still have it in my rotation.

Cray's guitar playing with his Stratocaster through his Super Reverb and Matchless amps is wonderful and unique...he has one of those tones that is recognizable like Santana, or Knopfler. And his vocals are a perfect match, clear soulful.

Desert Island albums for me would also include KWS Live on, CSNY So Far, Gabriel's So, and some Joni Mitchell.....and really only limited to 10 albums? That would be hard.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/25/2022 02:05 PM

Central Floridave

Robert Cray played in Cocoa brevard expo in 1995. He was great. Just listened to that utube link. good stuff.
 10/25/2022 03:32 PM

johnnyboy

I saw him in New Orleans. The Memphis horns were with him. They played for hours. I got to see it and even ad it was happening I knew it was really special. The Audience sang the refrains back to him and he fed off it. He was in a great mood and the crowd pumped him up. Saw him at sunfest decades ago too but it was a short set with no horns. Still good.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/25/2022 07:15 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Dave, I forgot about that...I saw him there also, and 7 Mary 3.

That seems like a long time ago!! Ha!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/26/2022 09:02 AM

johnnyboy

"Going down to the water's edge, I didn't do it, but I saw who did."

11/01/2022 11:26 AM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

Cray played the Cocoa Village Playhouse a few years ago, too. Epic artist in a small venue with good acoustics!
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .