Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Amazon
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/21/2019 12:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2019 12:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

It's on fire. Like F-ing bad. And that's not good.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/21/2019 01:17 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

What, like 20% of Earth's O2 comes from there?
 08/22/2019 10:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The Brazilian trump say the fires were started by NGO's to make him look bad, and said that Brazil couldn't spare 40 firefighters to fight the fires that are destroying a football field per minute.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/22/2019 11:42 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Meanwhile, check out the glacier melts in Iceland and Greenland.

I went to a SFL planning meeting last week. Miami-Dade has an impact model using median sea level rise numbers. Keys are doing detailed elevation surveys using drones. Prediction: critical infrastructure submerged during seasonal high tides within 30 years. SFL counties are proposing updates to the building codes, regarding flood elevations and materials for foundations and other below ground construction. Went to lunch with some of the engineers that have contracts, and they're already feeling bad about billing for a problem that likely can't be fixed, also mentioned, "wait till the insurance industry see this."
 08/23/2019 11:35 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Amazon fires: Bolsonaro actively trying to devastate rainforest, leaked documents show
The Independent Zamira Rahim,The Independent Thu, Aug 22 11:26 AM EDT

Jair Bolsonaro hopes to sabotage conservation efforts in the Amazon, leaked documents show.

A series of powerpoint slides reveal that Brazilian government officials intend to build a bridge, motorway and hydroelectric plant through the rainforest.

The plans, which were leaked to Open Democracy, have emerged as fires rage throughout the Amazon.

Brazil's space research centre, Inpe, has detected 72,843 fires so far this year - an 84 per cent rise compared to 2018.

The fires have been blamed for a plume of smoke which blocked out the sun over Sao Paulo on Monday.

The leaked slides are thought to have been used at a meeting in February, held between Brazilian government officials and local leaders in the Para state, which is the site of Amazonia National Park.

"Development projects must be implemented on the Amazon basin to integrate it into the rest of the national territory in order to fight off international pressure for the implementation of the so-called 'Triple A' [conservation] project," one slide reads.

"To do this, it is necessary to build the Trombetas River hydroelectric plant, the Ă“bidos bridge over the Amazon River, and the implementation of the BR-163 highway to the border."

The Triple A project is a conservation effort led by the Gaia Amazonas organisation, in collaboration with NGOs and international governments.

It aims to conserve the world's largest protected area, a corridor of rainforest 135m hectacres long.

The corridor is intended to stretch across nations, from the Andes to the Amazon to the Atlantic.

But Mr Bolsonaro, Brazil's controversial president, appears to be deliberately obstructing the conservation effort and suggest that NGOs and indigenous communities living within the Amazon are undermining the country.

The desperate efforts of indigenous communities to save the forest have recently attracted attention on social media.

One clip, which was first shared online in July, features a distressed Pataxo woman.

The woman accuses illegal ranchers of starting fires in the Amazon in the video. It has been viewed almost five million times, according to BBC News.

Brazil's government is now under increasing pressure to intervene.

But Ricardo Salles, Brazil's environment minister, was booed and heckled on Wednesday while appearing at the Latin American and Caribbean Climate Week.

The meeting, which focused on climate change, was held in the city of Salvador. As Mr Salles took to the stage at the summit, he was met only with jeers.

Mr Bolsonaro, a far-right leader, on Thursday claimed his government "lacks the resources" to fight the blaze, but many environmental groups are now blaming him directly for the devastation.

Dora Hates You
 08/23/2019 12:22 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Meanwhile, check out the glacier melts in Iceland and Greenland. I went to a SFL planning meeting last week. Miami-Dade has an impact model using median sea level rise numbers. Keys are doing detailed elevation surveys using drones. Prediction: critical infrastructure submerged during seasonal high tides within 30 years. SFL counties are proposing updates to the building codes, regarding flood elevations and materials for foundations and other below ground construction. Went to lunch with some of the engineers that have contracts, and they're already feeling bad about billing for a problem that likely can't be fixed, also mentioned, "wait till the insurance industry see this."
And here we have that supposed genius, Obama, in the process of buying an ocean front mansion. He appears real worried about rising oceans. In fact, most rich progs who are railing about this the loudest live on the coast. Seems incongruent, doesn't it?

I :heart; Q
 08/23/2019 12:25 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Blame it on Obama. Keep following that dear leader. Chosen one?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/23/2019 01:21 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo And here we have that supposed genius, Obama, in the process of buying an ocean front mansion. He appears real worried about rising oceans. In fact, most rich progs who are railing about this the loudest live on the coast. Seems incongruent, doesn't it?

Edited: 08/23/2019 at 01:22 PM by Plan B
 08/23/2019 01:26 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: jdbman

didnt obama muse when is enough too much? you clowns sucked it in all the way to the swivel.
 08/23/2019 07:41 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

didnt obama muse when is enough too much? you clowns sucked it in all the way to the swivel.

That ther negro made to much!

I was right.
 08/25/2019 02:39 PM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: theglide

6% according to Nasa, and according to historical records this is a yearly occurance like Cali, yet less than normal acreage
 08/25/2019 02:40 PM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: Cole

Racist fag
 08/25/2019 03:20 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: theglide

6% according to Nasa, and according to historical records this is a yearly occurance like Cali, yet less than normal acreage

We'll, thank you for that bot spam fabricated sheep shit, noted climate change denial expert doctor bleater.
mmmbaahhaah.......

It's a democratic hoax
 08/25/2019 03:26 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: Cole

Racist fag

I know you are, but what are you......
Fascist, racist chumpf dirt sheep.....mmbbaahaahh......

It's a democratic hoax
 08/25/2019 04:16 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Ummmmm, , , , , so, what are we to do? Send in the Marines and make the Brazilians fight the fires?

Dora Hates You
 08/25/2019 04:20 PM

cheaterfiveo

No the dems here would lose something to whine about
 08/25/2019 08:26 PM

3rdworldlover

What to do?

At this point, just watch it die

I was born on Planet Earth
The rotating ball where man comes first
It's been around for a long, long time
But now it's time to watch it die

I saw a man on my big blue screen
He ruled the world economy
He said the rich would never concede
But some day soon he'll be put to sleep

I've seen the life of the forest green
And adaptations of the deep blue sea
And who knows who is the fittest
They will all soon be put to rest

On a plunging flight and we're sitting in the pilots seat
In the midst of life
People on a dark horizon praying
Somebody will save their lives

I was born on Planet Earth
At a drastic time full of plastic mirth
And every day I've seen increasing signs
And you would too if you'd opened your eyes
You had a chance, you did not try
So now it's time to watch it die
Now it's time to watch it die

08/26/2019 04:54 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Trump pledges assistance to Brazil and at the G7 recruits more help!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/26/2019 05:51 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover What to do? At this point, just watch it die I was born on Planet Earth The rotating ball where man comes first It's been around for a long, long time But now it's time to watch it die I saw a man on my big blue screen He ruled the world economy He said the rich would never concede But some day soon he'll be put to sleep I've seen the life of the forest green And adaptations of the deep blue sea And who knows who is the fittest They will all soon be put to rest On a plunging flight and we're sitting in the pilots seat In the midst of life People on a dark horizon praying Somebody will save their lives I was born on Planet Earth At a drastic time full of plastic mirth And every day I've seen increasing signs And you would too if you'd opened your eyes You had a chance, you did not try So now it's time to watch it die Now it's time to watch it die
5/5
 08/26/2019 06:26 AM

3rdworldlover

I love that Graffin was writing this in early 90's.

Also, that photo collage on the cover, two 1930's racist murders mocking the press after an all white jury acquittal, with the heads of Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp guard dogs.

They're touring FL mid Sep

Edited: 08/26/2019 at 06:28 AM by 3rdworldlover
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The Amazon

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .