Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: It's not CO2, It's Not You, It's the Sun, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/02/2019 04:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/02/2019 04:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Interesting, , , , This kind of stuff is very handy when you want to throw some ice on the Global Warming Fire. The "Sunspot" decrease thingy is very, very, interesting but, NOBODY want s to talk about it because, , , , , there is no money to be made from it and, , , , there is nothing we can do about it anyway, , , ,! Bundle up! I'm not too sure which way to look at all of this, on either side. But, to be sure, , , , ice cores have shown that very dramatic climate changes have happened in as little as 75 years.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 12/02/2019 06:09 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sunspot reduction explodes the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere? Do tell...

I was right.
 12/02/2019 07:27 AM

dingpatch

Dora Hates You
 12/02/2019 07:30 AM

dingpatch

Dora Hates You
 12/02/2019 07:46 AM

Greensleeves

"This kind of stuff is very handy when you want to throw some ice on the Global Warming Fire"

Why the f would anyone want to do that? This quality of life on this world is going to $hit and the old guys play with pseudo science. For what possible benefit?
 12/02/2019 07:56 AM

dingpatch

Then, again, , , , , the "Grand Solar Minimum" thingy may just be more of a "thing" than CO2. A "Mini Ice Age" would be much more devastating than a "warming".

Dora Hates You
 12/02/2019 08:15 AM

Greensleeves

"thingy may just be more of a "thing" than CO2"

It's not. Since 1960 the population on earth has more than doubled. The trend continues and all the new people will make waste as a by product of life. You'd have to be senseless not to realize that this is a danger to our world and to future human kind.
 12/02/2019 09:58 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Green: Since 1960 the population on earth has more than doubled. The trend continues and all the new people will make waste as a by product of life. You'd have to be senseless not to realize that this is a danger to our world and to future human kind.... When you say a danger to our world and to the future of mankind, are you talking about CO2, the Grand Solar Minimum or about the doubling of the population? Because it sounds like you are saying that the trend of people reproducing are a danger to the future of people??

12/02/2019 12:55 PM

Greensleeves

Really?

The dopes on the right are anti change right? Isn't nobodyelse a denier? Absent change in technology and the way we approach the planet the continued population growth will guarantee the demise of our planet as a decent place for humans to live.

Climate change and population

Scientific American's take

Edited: 12/02/2019 at 01:00 PM by Greensleeves
 12/02/2019 05:17 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

That solar cycles affect weather is well known among climate scientists.
It's a bit of noise in the signal, but doesn't overwhelm the physics of greenhouse gases and what we KNOW is happening.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/03/2019 06:46 AM

dingpatch

But, , , , , in any case, the whole "carbon footprint" thing is mostly falling on deaf ears. "We", here, all want to do our best to continually decrease our "footprint" but, as previously plainly stated, , , , , the USA's decrease of CO2 is only a scratch on the surface of the problem. Asia and India and such? They are currently pumping out more CO2 than we probably ever did. So, if CO2 is really such a dire, and immediate, problem, what are we ready to do to FORCE a World Wide CO2 output reduction? Ummmmm, , , , , ya, not so much.

Now, if only a little bit of this Grand Solar Minimum thingy comes to pass, , , , perhaps up to 1 billion people will begin to burn anything they can get their hands on to cook and heat with. Sorry but, coal will be King, regardless of any and all "pollution".

Dora Hates You
 12/03/2019 07:07 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves "thingy may just be more of a "thing" than CO2" It's not. Since 1960 the population on earth has more than doubled. The trend continues and all the new people will make waste as a by product of life. You'd have to be senseless not to realize that this is a danger to our world and to future human kind.
Wonder how many billions would die if we ceased use of all carbon based energy today? I'm thinking that at least half the people would starve. Many others would die in wars, riots, plagues, etc. So you're.saying that we have to destroy humanity to save it? As I am pretty much self sufficient, it's all the same to me. And, I must admit, I would enjoy picking off starving progs attacking my farm. That would provide plenty of entertainment during this apocalypse that you want to visit on everyone.

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2019 12:18 PM

somebodyelse

That solar cycles affect weather is well known among climate scientists. It's a bit of noise in the signal.... I have also heard that solar minimums have a minimal effect.... BUT What caused the Ice ages, and then the warm periods between the ice ages? What caused the mini ice age and what caused it to stop after only 500 or so years?? Observing the climate cycles over millions of years is the only way to actually judge climate change, yes the climate is changing, yes it has been changing for millions of years. To say this here climate, todays climate, is the best, lets make sure we stop the millennial climate cycles at this here place and time smacks of hubris... 1st world hubris... Africa used to be lush and green, Europeans want to stop climate change at a time when half of the worlds population is sitting in a desert or in a monsoon area 1/2 flooded and 1/2 deadly dry. Who are you to say this is the best climate for everybody in the world... . Changing weather patterns, deserts turn into grasslands, all part of the norm in geologic terms. Don't put your European Racists 'norms' on the rest of the world forcing your climate wants on the planet when so many other people Need the climate to change.... You are ready to kill Billions of people to force the climate to adhere to your European standards when if you just consider the marginalized people of the world you can see that they NEED change not condemnation from you and not for you to eliminate them because your 'numbers' in your models say that they have to die...

12/03/2019 01:18 PM

Greensleeves

ding - "since they are doing it why should we try to make things better"
tspank - "Faux news tells me to be afraid so I am"
nobodyelse - "science and communicatin' is hard"
 12/03/2019 01:32 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'm not the one hiding in the closet because I think global warming is going to kill me. In fact, aren't you guys afraid that pretty much everything Is going to kill you? Big oil, big pharma, big insurance, Trump, eating.meat, pesticides, herbacides, conservative view points, etc? According to you nuts, everything but gov't and pot will kill you.

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2019 01:37 PM

Greensleeves

tspank being a greedy dope thinks it's about killing people now.
 12/03/2019 02:07 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I'm not the one hiding in the closet because I think global warming is going to kill me. In fact, aren't you guys afraid that pretty much everything Is going to kill you? Big oil, big pharma, big insurance, Trump, eating.meat, pesticides, herbacides, conservative view points, etc? According to you nuts, everything but gov't and pot will kill you.

Considering a few of those are know carcinogens, yes, I am concerned about them. As for the rest, they are just bullshit Republican talking points and have no merit what-so-ever.

I was right.
 12/03/2019 03:59 PM

somebodyelse

Greensleeve: Really? Absent change in technology and the way we approach the planet the continued population growth will guarantee the demise of our planet as a decent place for humans to live. Greensleeve: being a dumbass forgot he was just talking about killing people to save the planet...

12/03/2019 05:14 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Solar minimum due to Planet X coming in from the other side of the Sun.

I'd betcha!
 12/03/2019 06:57 PM

Greensleeves

nobodyelse has no clue of course. Like most brain dead twtiler supporters he can't make sense of arguments that favor the environment for the good of all of us. No one has to die to save the future. How the he$$ did he dream that $hit up?. He's sold out to the stain on our society that is the greed of the right. His scientists are Hannity and Rupert Murdoch.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .