Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: now that we are knee deep...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/06/2020 08:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2020 08:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?
 04/06/2020 08:50 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Public equity stake in any bailed out business. National suspension of rent and mortgage collection, moratorium on eviction and utility shut off.
Nationalization of all essential industries. Employees of any essential industry immediately receive Medicare coverage and payed sick time. 100% top marginal tax rate effective retroactively.
UBI to cover food and essential needs.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/06/2020 08:58 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?

The real question is what's your 'great' President doing?

MAGA hats only work so long... Then reality kicks in.
 04/06/2020 09:03 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Are you so lost for leadership you are seeking it from the people you hate? Is this where the leadership bankruptcy in the GOP ends and you begin anew with anyone else? I suspect that you have been trained to blame people to make yourself feel better but you know who is to blame for this so you are cultivating new people, which is whoever fills this gaping void. If they are not perfect, you will pounce. You will try to say that your rigid inflexible criticism is deserved by the same people who used it on your failed carnival barker. You get to criticize and play victim. Twofer.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/06/2020 09:05 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Are you so lost for leadership you are seeking it from the people you hate? Is this where the leadership bankruptcy in the GOP ends and you begin anew with anyone else? I suspect that you have been trained to blame people to make yourself feel better but you know who is to blame for this so you are cultivating new people, which is whoever fills this gaping void. If they are not perfect, you will pounce. You will try to say that your rigid inflexible criticism is deserved by the same people who used it on your failed carnival barker. You get to criticize and play victim. Twofer.

You saying cheater has daddy issues?
 04/06/2020 09:14 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And you're not knee deep, you're up to your eyeballs. People you know that are your age are going to start getting this and some may not make it. That scenario was avoidable.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/06/2020 09:16 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

There's your answer, cheater. They have nothing. They are only good at being critics on the sidelines. Theodore Roosevelt once said something about such people. " Cold and timid souls," if I remember correctly.

I :heart; Q
 04/06/2020 09:22 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo

There's your answer, cheater. They have nothing. They are only good at being critics on the sidelines. Theodore Roosevelt once said something about such people. " Cold and timid souls," if I remember correctly.

LOL more funny hypocritical clownin'.
 04/06/2020 09:30 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

whats your plan?

That's a question for the one who went golfing and having rallies during the most important time prior to the outbreak.

He's already done his best to get rid of the preventive measures that could have aided the country's fight against the COV.

I'd guess he'd want more rallies and go golfing more.

Make the Swamp More Swampier!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/06/2020 09:33 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

How was the war effort for WWII funded? Probably should do something like that. Banks need to sit on debt for a spell and suspend payments and interest accumulation. Government needs to take the shut down time to prep a test, contact tracking, and isolation strategy.

04/06/2020 09:35 AM

scombrid

If a company that took the McConnel/Ryan tax cut and spent it on dividends and buybacks now finds italef with no reserve capital to whether the storm then it should have to pay back any bailout money with stiff interest.

04/06/2020 09:38 AM

scombrid

It would help too if people quit tolerating the unfounded conspiracy theories. Yeah man, it is all a librul hoax aimed at Trump. Such a clever hoax it has suckered in Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, France.....right.

04/06/2020 09:57 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Like I already said, I would have activated my Pandemic Response Team after listening to my intelligence briefing back in early January.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/06/2020 10:06 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo The economy is shrinking due to restrictions and closures. unemployment rising, manufacuturing is stalled except for some medical stuff. Numbers dont look good and it seems this is gonna be around for awhile. so what do the 5 smarts guys have for solutions? all I see is shit slinging but since you are self proclaimed geniuses and the rest of the world should bow down; whats your plan?
Am I one of the "smarts guys"?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 04/06/2020 10:24 AM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

your not one of the smart guys stay out, and learn how to play with others
 04/06/2020 10:28 AM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: all3

Am I one of the "smarts guys"?

if you have to ask; NO
 04/06/2020 10:28 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

your not one of the smart guys stay out, and learn how to play with others

Everyone is smart compared to you cheater, you never learn....
 04/06/2020 10:32 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

I ain't smart but I do see wild swings in the DOW 1000+ pts Up & Down as we continue to watch millions evaporate and the retirements funds of 401Ks drop (hope your into cash or Bonds by now). Next up - it's planting season, one side of my family are major farmers in the Carolina's, planting season is mid April, there are little to no migrant workers coming so far. If the farmers of the US cannot get help from their regulars during planting season , get ready for another wave of food shortages...crop yields down who knows 80% , How much will the crops and hogs cost when there is large demand and no supply? Start your own "Victory Garden" NOW...load up on chickens goats and ammo...this is round 1 of a 12 round fight. The Gov will send out checks but it will not be enough to support a family 100% but the checks will keep coming....So happy all my renters paid rent this month...nervous about the next month and the month after that...Already stories coming out of Brevard of people stealing veggy plants out of home gardens, chickens and goats being stolen as well..remember this has just started...it's going to get a lot worse. Only cure would be a Vaccine ready in < 6 months. I see a future of having a Drivers Lic. and a MANDATORY Immunization card to prove you have had the Covid shot and Flu Shot (once it is available) to get into any establishment. Hopefully I am very wrong about all the above..
 04/06/2020 10:35 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: SurferMic

I ain't smart but I do see wild swings in the DOW 1000+ pts Up & Down as we continue to watch millions evaporate and the retirements funds of 401Ks drop (hope your into cash or Bonds by now). Next up - it's planting season, one side of my family are major farmers in the Carolina's, planting season is mid April, there are little to no migrant workers coming so far. If the farmers of the US cannot get help from their regulars during planting season , get ready for another wave of food shortages...crop yields down who knows 80% , How much will the crops and hogs cost when there is large demand and no supply? Start your own "Victory Garden" NOW...load up on chickens goats and ammo...this is round 1 of a 12 round fight. The Gov will send out checks but it will not be enough to support a family 100% but the checks will keep coming....So happy all my renters paid rent this month...nervous about the next month and the month after that...Already stories coming out of Brevard of people stealing veggy plants out of home gardens, chickens and goats being stolen as well..remember this has just started...it's going to get a lot worse. Only cure would be a Vaccine ready in < 6 months. I see a future of having a Drivers Lic. and a MANDATORY Immunization card to prove you have had the Covid shot and Flu Shot (once it is available) to get into any establishment. Hopefully I am very wrong about all the above..

SurferMic, go over to the SBA site immediately. They have some good options for renters. Get on the EIDL Advance ASAP. I think the PPP can help you too, not sure.

https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
 04/06/2020 10:41 AM

HAPDigital

Just remember, some of these loans are forgiven so it is not necessarily debt. Like the EIDL Advance and it is first come first serve, so get on the list ASAP.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .