Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Its Over!
Topic Summary: For some it's over, for some it will be soon, for others it will be awhile
Created On: 05/26/2020 03:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/26/2020 03:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

There are two ways a pandemic ends;

Medically/ Biologically when the virus stops infecting people for whatever reason. That is not over and who knows when or if it will be.

or

Psychologically/socially when people get tired of all the precautions and just get on with their lives.

For some this was a non-issue, yep there is a virus out there if I get it I'll deal with it but I'm not changing my life, for some they stayed at home wore mask and are done with it. For some that response will come soon. For others it will take longer.

Who are you?

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/26/2020 04:12 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

All I know is that you are an asshat.
 05/26/2020 05:12 PM

daner

You asked how can some people think this is over? Just giving you the answer. You can lead a horse's ass to water but...

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/26/2020 05:40 PM

daner

When will the Covid-19 pandemic end? And how?

According to historians, pandemics typically have two types of endings: the medical, which occurs when the incidence and death rates plummet, and the social, when the epidemic of fear about the disease wanes.

"When people ask, 'When will this end?,' they are asking about the social ending," said Dr. Jeremy Greene, a historian of medicine at Johns Hopkins.

In other words, an end can occur not because a disease has been vanquished but because people grow tired of panic mode and learn to live with a disease. Allan Brandt, a Harvard historian, said something similar was happening with Covid-19: "As we have seen in the debate about opening the economy, many questions about the so-called end are determined not by medical and public health data but by sociopolitical processes."

Edited: 05/26/2020 at 05:43 PM by daner
 05/26/2020 05:50 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Didn't somebody mention something about armchair quarterbacking?

05/26/2020 06:00 PM

daner

Not second guessing. Predicting. There's a difference. Look it up.

05/26/2020 06:05 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

There will be some respite over summer, but come flu season there's an excellent chance that all hell breaks loose all over again.

But, since 100,000 dead so far is no big deal, it's about time we get over petty BS like 9-11 and the Vietnam war. Suck it up Americans, and just go shopping.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/26/2020 06:30 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

There will be some respite over summer, but come flu season there's an excellent chance that all hell breaks loose all over again.

But, since 100,000 dead so far is no big deal, it's about time we get over petty BS like 9-11 and the Vietnam war. Suck it up Americans, and just go shopping.

Yeah, having a difficult time here understanding the disregard for human life in all this. We can prevent deaths. People are just choosing not to, and for selfish reasons to boot. We had 100k deaths in 2.5 months with some mitigation. Somehow people think it is miraculously going away. Meanwhile there are still 1k+ deaths per day. The virus is starting to spike in the areas that "opened", like 30-40% spikes in cases. So it is your choice to let people die, call it over, and give in than rather than suck it up and deal with some hardships. Seems like a cowards way out, maybe even suicidal. Either way it is pretty shitty. We can mitigate this.
 05/26/2020 06:33 PM

fishkller

Daner just wants it to be over. But Science doesn't care what Daner wants.

A pandemic does not end because "people get tired of all the precautions and just get on with their lives. "

I'm sure people were tired of precautions with the Spanish Flu circa June 1918 as well, but that didn't mean it was going to end because of it.

I'm sure gay men in 1982 were tired of all the precautions and just wanted to.. you get the picture. If not, ask Cheater

Edited: 05/26/2020 at 09:59 PM by fishkller
 05/26/2020 06:40 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

By the title, it's looking like he's been hanging out at Fallout farms.

Does herd immunity mean the weak and the old at the back are left for dead?

200,000 dead by Christmas.

I was right.
 05/26/2020 06:41 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

viirus dont GAF what science wants
 05/26/2020 07:08 PM

Cole

Daner, what is it that you want to do?

Other than eating out, I am living the exact same life?

I was right.
 05/26/2020 07:11 PM

Greensleeves

It ends with a vaccine for $hits sake

daner going with the "the things I want to do are too important to worry about a virus" response

when did trump tweet that one? It's one of his more genius moves. It is dotardesque in the concept. The selfish not caring about others aspect is definitely there. It is thin in reasoning and can be abandoned quickly if polling goes south (it is).

The perfect GOP talking point!

Edited: 05/26/2020 at 09:45 PM by Greensleeves
 05/26/2020 07:13 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

It ends with a vaccine for $hits sake

Did you do the Nuts or head south today?

I was right.

Edited: 05/26/2020 at 07:13 PM by Cole
 05/26/2020 07:21 PM

fishkller

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

viirus dont GAF what science wants

That made alot of sense. Congrats on another

McSwing.. McMiss.. McMAGA

05/26/2020 07:22 PM

Greensleeves

covid nuts. mid tide wind was good. Pretty fun. I have a newish board and switched out Mick Fanning fins for stock plastic FCS IIs and that was the ticket! You go to satty?

Science kills virus

virus kills dotards

dotards kill science

Edited: 05/26/2020 at 07:24 PM by Greensleeves
 05/26/2020 09:55 PM

fishkller

Science kills virus

virus kills dotards

dotards kill science

^^^^ You could play a nice version of Covid Rock/Paper/Scissors with that

05/27/2020 04:20 AM

Cole

covid nuts. mid tide wind was good. Pretty fun. I have a newish board and switched out Mick Fanning fins for stock plastic FCS IIs and that was the ticket! You go to satty?

Science kills virus

virus kills dotards

dotards kill science

Stayed local. It was super fun; especially getting in early, cutting across the south grain and into the left bowls. First ride on a new board too. It a poly and much whippier. I was doing the off-the-tops too early. lol

I was right.
 05/27/2020 06:08 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Daner, what is it that you want to do?

Other than eating out, I am living the exact same life?

Same here. And by not eating our I have saved a shit ton of money. In fact going forward, going to eat out much much less.

Biggest impact is schooling kids from home. Other than that, been doing what I always do - surfing, fishing, hanging out at the beach. Built a huge ass deck out back. I am fortunate to live where I do.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/27/2020 06:15 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Some need to be told what to do, some are capable of independent thought. Some seem to be OK with being "ruled", and some are not. It will be over when the media finds something else to keep the fear/divide....until the Fall, when COVID comes back. However, the narrative at that time will be the need for mail-in voting. Its the only shot the Democrats have at cheating (I mean "winning") Good news is, with the exception of the staunch sheep that gobble up whatever the media/Democrats tell them, a lot of people are waking up to how corrupt, and unconstitutional the Democratic party likes to operate.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Its Over!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .