Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Second wave, , , , ,?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/28/2020 04:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/28/2020 04:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer for all ya all "it's over" boys but, , , ,

There is a pretty strong undercurrent of professional opinion that there will be a "second wave" this fall and, IF WE ARE NOT VERY CAREFUL, it will be a lot worse than the "first wave"!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 05/28/2020 04:48 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Is there any plan at all if it does?

I was right.
 05/28/2020 04:55 AM

dingpatch

Run?

Dora Hates You
 05/28/2020 04:59 AM

Cole

Has the pandemic response team been reassembled?

I was right.
 05/28/2020 05:02 AM

Bamboo

We should take some lessons from Japan.

Mask wearing, a collective respect for others, and a prepared government that took thoughtful action all were big contributors to their success with COVID19.

Kudos to PM Abe.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 05/28/2020 05:06 AM

dingpatch

And, the baddest thing about a "second wave" is that the first wave was actually pretty well contained, in that: the "lock down" kept it all pretty well contained to its original "hot spots". But now, it has had a chance to spread just about everywhere, although cleaning, face masks and social distancing have kept the numbers down. This Fall, without proper cleaning, face masks and social distancing still being in-place, it will hit hard everywhere around the country. NYC's previous problems may be the new ICU norm this Fall for hospitals everywhere.

Dora Hates You
 05/28/2020 05:16 AM

Cole

I cruised into a discount store in Kissimmee searching for some work shoes and the whole place was stripped bare, as in zero inventory. It's looking like the supply chain is jacked up.

On the plus side, the Dow jumped 1,000 points in two days. lol

I was right.
 05/28/2020 05:37 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

I will come back. There is no doubt about it. May even be 3 waves. Just google the time line of the Spanish Flu. the Swine Flu, Bird Flu. No reason it'll be different for this one. Except for this time, it'll be Trump's fault. Right?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

05/28/2020 05:45 AM

Greensleeves

" it'll be Trump's fault. Right?" I don't know, does twitler have the best scientists available to help him make his decisions?
 05/28/2020 05:45 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: OBX

I will come back. There is no doubt about it. May even be 3 waves. Just google the time line of the Spanish Flu. the Swine Flu, Bird Flu. No reason it'll be different for this one. Except for this time, it'll be Trump's fault. Right?

Trump and his supporters, yes. As they lack a "collective respect for others".
 05/28/2020 05:48 AM

Cole

Yes, Trump's fault and those like you who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

A mask and social distancing and there is no problem. Very simple.

I was right.
 05/28/2020 06:30 AM

dingpatch

- Many predicted Japan would be hit hard by coronavirus, but the country has been relatively unscathed.

- Some chalked that up to the culture of mask-wearing which is already prevalent.

- Others said it was the government's clear messaging about avoiding closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings that saved Japanese residents.

- Some experts say Japan may not be as successful as we think, and there may be significant instances of under-reporting.

Dora Hates You
 05/28/2020 06:34 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: OBX I will come back. There is no doubt about it. May even be 3 waves. Just google the time line of the Spanish Flu. the Swine Flu, Bird Flu. No reason it'll be different for this one. Except for this time, it'll be Trump's fault. Right?
HAP!!! How many people have you ratted out, Karen?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

05/28/2020 06:44 AM

HAPDigital

HAP!!! How many people have you ratted out, Karen?

Ahh so you have prison and mobster morals, huh. Go figure.
 05/28/2020 07:03 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch Sorry to be a Debbie Downer for all ya all "it's over" boys but, , , , There is a pretty strong undercurrent of professional opinion that there will be a "second wave" this fall and, IF WE ARE NOT VERY CAREFUL, it will be a lot worse than the "first wave"!
I can top that. Sooner or later, there will be another virus that will come along that will be a hell of a lot worse than Corona. Worse still, the sun will eventually flame out. We'll really be screwed then.

I :heart; Q
 05/28/2020 07:24 AM

OBX

Bunch of Howie Mandels lurking on this forum. Makes me wish I kept my bunny suites from the Space Center days...I would of made a killing selling them!!

05/28/2020 08:30 AM

HAPDigital

Bunch of Howie Mandels lurking on this forum. Makes me wish I kept my bunny suites from the Space Center days...I would of made a killing selling them!!

Calling people scared and chicken about a deadly virus during a global pandemic doesn't make you look like a tough guy, bud. It just makes look like a tiny little dumb-ass and shithead. But keep being you.
 05/28/2020 08:48 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: OBX Bunch of Howie Mandels lurking on this forum. Makes me wish I kept my bunny suites from the Space Center days...I would of made a killing selling them!!
Calling people scared and chicken about a deadly virus during a global pandemic doesn't make you look like a tough guy, bud. It just makes look like a tiny little dumb-ass and shithead. But keep being you.
You want a bunny suite, HAP?

05/28/2020 09:14 AM

HAPDigital

You want a bunny suite, HAP?

Nah, it has too much bullshit on it.
 05/28/2020 09:18 AM

HAPDigital

See what happens when you have great leadership and a population base with a little discipline and some common decency...

Some Countries Have Brought New Cases Down To Nearly Zero

Dirty shitheads like OBX just want to spread disease because they are too weak to tough it out a little.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Second wave, , , , ,?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .