Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Biden COVID adviser pressed by Bill Hemmer on new mask guidance: 'What changed' since last week?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/14/2021 02:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2021 02:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Biden COVID adviser pressed by Bill Hemmer on new mask guidance: 'What changed' since last week?
White House senior adviser for COVID-19 insists decision not political
By Megan Gallen

Senior White House adviser for COVID-19 response Andy Slavitt responds to criticism from Republicans that the timing of easing masks restrictions was driven by politics.

The Biden administration defended the timing of the CDC's recommendation that fully-vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks in most settings on Friday, after some critics suggested the decision was "political."

Senior White House adviser for COVID-19 response Andy Slavitt told "America's Newsroom" that an "exponential" drop in cases, new data on vaccine effectiveness and children over the age of 12 now being eligible to be vaccinated led to the new guidance announced Thursday.

"I know it's a shock to people," Slavitt said. "Some will say it should have been done long ago. Others are telling us they're not quite sure how to adjust to it. But the bottom line is they found evidence which tells them that you don't need to wear a mask if you're vaccinated. And if you are, you're still in danger and you should wear a mask."

Earlier in the morning on "Fox & Friends," former White House coronavirus testing czar Admiral Brett Giroir said the decision was motivated by "political direction" while Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, called the move "poll-driven."

Biden admin defends timing of CDC announcement on masks as non-politicalVideo
Anchor Bill Hemmer pressed Slavitt on the rapid change in mask guidance: "Thirty-six hours ago, the head of the CDC said no change and Dr. Fauci pretty much said the same thing as well. Seven days ago, they were telling 12-year-olds to wear a mask at summer camp in July. I mean, that really is a swap."

Slavitt pointed to CDC Director Rochelle Walensky's grilling from Senate Republicans earlier in the week on COVID-19 guidance.

"If they wanted to do this politically conveniently, wouldn't she have done this before the hearing so she didn't have to take the tough questions, rather than after?" he asked.

"Their job isn't to be popular. They try to follow the science. Our job at the White House is just to let them follow the science and take what comes and try to explain it as best we can to the American public."

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/14/2021 02:10 PM

Fish Killer

"If they wanted to do this politically conveniently, wouldn't she have done this before the hearing so she didn't have to take the tough questions, rather than after?" he asked."

No she wouldn't. The polls just came out showing Biden's numbers sliding in his only strong point, the pandemic response. They had a dozen crisises swirling around and needed to change the subject. He now has the weekend to reverse the other problems or to create some spin on the Sunday shows. I don't think that will help him as the handling of all of these issues has been poor at best.

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/14/2021 02:25 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer "If they wanted to do this politically conveniently, wouldn't she have done this before the hearing so she didn't have to take the tough questions, rather than after?" he asked." No she wouldn't. The polls just came out showing Biden's numbers sliding in his only strong point, the pandemic response. They had a dozen crisises swirling around and needed to change the subject. He now has the weekend to reverse the other problems or to create some spin on the Sunday shows. I don't think that will help him as the handling of all of these issues has been poor at best.
Exactly right. And, they saw that the people were losing their fear of this and, as a result, were beginning to see that they were being played all along. That is why they hated DeSantis. All anyone had to do was watch us go about normal life to see they were being lied to and being dupes in putting up with it. In a real way, DeSantis single-handedly destroyed the fraud. DeSantis is a true hero.

I :heart; Q
 05/14/2021 05:08 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

'What changed' since last week?

New data.

I was right.
 05/14/2021 05:22 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

New data.
You know: those pesky old facts that seem to elude the chumpf vermin. Remember when it was called "novel corona"?
As in: different than anything before it?
Look how much actual progress has been made in so little time folks.
Without that fat traitorous yam clogging the narrative daily with an endless torrent of lies.
And without all the fucking noise......how refreshing.
God bless america and our priceless constitution

It's a democratic hoax
 05/14/2021 06:07 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: nukeh2o

New data.

You know: those pesky old facts that seem to elude the chumpf vermin. Remember when it was called "novel corona"?

As in: different than anything before it?

Look how much actual progress has been made in so little time folks.

Without that fat traitorous yam clogging the narrative daily with an endless torrent of lies.

And without all the fucking noise......how refreshing.

God bless america and our priceless constitution

Look up GAIN OF FUNCTION fuckboy!

Find out who is the GODFATHER OF IT!

You are seriously as stupid as a rock!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/15/2021 11:44 AM

Cole

Biden is fixing it all, no masks required.

Unless you were a chicken and didn't get THE POKE.

I was right.
 05/15/2021 12:00 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Earlier in the morning on "Fox & Friends," former White House coronavirus testing czar Admiral Brett Giroir said the decision was motivated by "political direction" while Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, called the move "poll-driven."

A has-been with nearly 600,000 deaths attributed to him and a member of the "party of personal responsibility" who bears none on an opinion panel masquerading as "news".
I think I'll pass on that BS.
 05/15/2021 12:29 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Bill Hemmer, let's call him "Ken" because he's like the Barbie Ken Doll.

Ken is a Faux schill and Faux is entertainment only, proven in a court of law!.

05/15/2021 08:28 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Biden is fixing it all, no masks required.

Unless you were a chicken and didn't get THE POKE.

I dont take criminal POS commie meds that probably cause cancer and a host of other ailments.

Biden had nothing to do with it...it's the flip flopping CDC!

YOU FUCKING MORON!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/17/2021 04:24 AM

Cole

I dont take criminal POS commie meds that probably cause cancer and a host of other ailments.

Covid don't care bro.

I was right.
 05/17/2021 05:15 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Covid don't care bro.

Neither do I bro.

Fool.

^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .