Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Just get vaccinated
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2021 07:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2021 07:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

- If you're vaccinated, why are you so concerned about me? Because I can still get it - Then why get vaccinated if you can still get COVID? Because if I do get it, the symptoms are a lot less worse and I have a higher percentage of survival. - So your chance of survival increased from the current 98.4% to even a higher percentage? (current numbers from the CDC 42,309,246 confirmed w/ 620,652 deaths...do the math) - Then if you're vaccinated, why are you concerned about me? Forcing others to participate in something that go against their own personal choice, to give you a false sense of security over you're own irrational fear, especially when its void of any logic.....is FUCKING PATHETIC!!!

-------------------------

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/17/2021 08:13 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Progs are fools of the highest order. Logic doesn't work with them. Unreasoning beasts such as progs are prone to panic, superstition, and illogical fear. That's what we're seeing.

I :heart; Q
 09/17/2021 08:19 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Check with places with hospitals operating in "critical care" mode that are rationing care. People that need things like bypass surgery are getting turned away. You have multiple myeloma and need a marrow transplant. Go home and wait. The hospital is full. Appendicitis? Come back and see us if it bursts. Are you eager for regeneron while avoiding the vaccine? If so, why do you trust regeneron over the vaccine? If you think the medical establishment is lying to you about the vaccine are you going to forego treatment if you get sick? They can't be trusted at all right?

09/17/2021 08:49 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"If you're vaccinated, why are you so concerned about me?"

I'm not. I don't think these other guys are either. Go lick the mirror in a bus station bathroom, knock yourself out.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/17/2021 09:16 AM

3rdworldlover

The ignorance is tiring
 09/17/2021 09:20 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Hey qotard because you get other people sick.
 09/17/2021 09:25 AM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

The ignorance is tiring

No kidding, some think it is only about them.
I care because I have family who can't get vaccinated yet. I care because i have friends who have complications that prevent them from getting the vaccine. I care because there are people who we may or may not know who will die from this needlessly.

As was mentioned, surgeries are being postponed because the the hospitals being loaded with covid. I talked to my ortho guy about doing some repairs to a shoulder and he recommended that I wait until this covid thing blows over. Well, that was last year. I'm not in the hurt locker and can wait this out, but others are and shouldn't wait.

If only we had a vaccine to reduce the deaths, sickness, and take the stress off the hospitals....

It is about being a good citizen and caring about others.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 09/17/2021 09:28 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thanks Bamboo
 09/17/2021 09:48 AM

3rdworldlover

The selfishness too.
"Patriots"
 09/17/2021 10:02 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

The selfishness too.

"Patriots"

I agree.

Lots of selfishness, mostly from the so-called "pro life" party

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 09/17/2021 10:05 AM

scombrid

It is a self destructive selfishness too. Just like dumping sewage in the lake. Yeah, it is cheaper for you to get rid of your crap that way but if a lot of people behave like that then it ruins the lake for everybody. This kind of communal dilemma is a sort of "Tragedy of the Commons".

09/17/2021 10:13 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I suppose there were idiots who chose not to take the polio vaccine. We can see how stupid those people look today. End of the day - vax/unvax IDGAF, but when you get sick, please stay out of the hospitals.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 09/17/2021 10:47 AM

tom

The humor here is the juxtaposition of the OPs post and signature. Friday!

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/17/2021 10:54 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid Check with places with hospitals operating in "critical care" mode that are rationing care. People that need things like bypass surgery are getting turned away. You have multiple myeloma and need a marrow transplant. Go home and wait. The hospital is full. Appendicitis? Come back and see us if it bursts. Are you eager for regeneron while avoiding the vaccine? If so, why do you trust regeneron over the vaccine? If you think the medical establishment is lying to you about the vaccine are you going to forego treatment if you get sick? They can't be trusted at all right?
What if its the vaccinated causing the spread? And causing these beds to fill up? Here's a question, why is the rate of infection higher now, when more of the populace is vaccinated, then last year when there was no vaccine available? Even more interesting, the rate of infection is higher, yet the deaths are lower? Is it possible the answer is the vaccinated are spreading it, and we're learning how to treat it? (Which the latter would negate the cry out for vaccines, no?) And, BTW, anyone comparing Covid to Polio are absolute morons. Unless your thinking "If everyone is vaccinated the COVID will disappear".....which still makes you a moron.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

09/17/2021 11:13 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: Bamboo
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover The ignorance is tiring
No kidding, some think it is only about them. I care because I have family who can't get vaccinated yet. I care because i have friends who have complications that prevent them from getting the vaccine. I care because there are people who we may or may not know who will die from this needlessly. As was mentioned, surgeries are being postponed because the the hospitals being loaded with covid. I talked to my ortho guy about doing some repairs to a shoulder and he recommended that I wait until this covid thing blows over. Well, that was last year. I'm not in the hurt locker and can wait this out, but others are and shouldn't wait. If only we had a vaccine to reduce the deaths, sickness, and take the stress off the hospitals.... It is about being a good citizen and caring about others.
Yes, "the common good" Where have I heard that before? The stupidity in thinking this current spread, is solely because of the unvaccinated, combined with you thinking fear is virtue, only cements the fact you're being psychologically manipulated. I feel like there is a saying about this, "Those who give up liberty in the name of safety deserve neither" or something like that. Almost like out Founding Fathers new of this tactic to impose tyranny.

09/17/2021 11:14 AM

OBX

I bet you all loved the Patriot Act, too, huh? I mean, why not give up the 4th amendment if it'll stop another terrorist attack, am I right?

09/17/2021 11:15 AM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Originally posted by: Pagerow

The selfishness too.

"Patriots"

I agree.

Lots of selfishness, mostly from the so-called "pro life" party

AMEN. if you are pro life, you should be Pro Vaccine.
 09/17/2021 11:19 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: sandi
Originally posted by: Pagerow
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover The selfishness too. "Patriots"
I agree. Lots of selfishness, mostly from the so-called "pro life" party
AMEN. if you are pro life, you should be Pro Vaccine.
And if you're pro choice you should be pro choice, no? Aint identity politics fun!!!!

09/17/2021 11:21 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX What if its the vaccinated causing the spread?
It's not. Vaccinated people are less likely to get infected and those that do have a shorter infectious period.
why is the rate of infection higher now, when more of the populace is vaccinated, then last year when there was no vaccine available?
Different behavior. Everybody took off their masks and went back to the restaurants, theaters, etc... Right at the same time that a more contagious variant came along.
Even more interesting, the rate of infection is higher, yet the deaths are lower?
Younger cohort of infected since the oldsters have the highest vaccination rate, most of the people that are catching it are under 65 now. And treatments have improved.
and we're learning how to treat it? (Which the latter would negate the cry out for vaccines, no?)
Learning how to treat it doesn't negate the need to vaccinate. Not when, for example, Parrish Medical Centers had one covid death in June, four in July, and 50 in August and its president is on the radio almost every day begging people to get vaccinated and telling the world how bad it is for his burned out employees. Better treatment doesn't seem to be helping overwhelmed hospitals anywhere right now.

Edited: 09/17/2021 at 11:25 AM by scombrid
 09/17/2021 11:23 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX -So your chance of survival increased from the current 98.4% to even a higher percentage?
Measles has a case fatality rate of 1 or 2 per 1,000. Should we stop vaccinating against that?

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Just get vaccinated

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .