Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Polio
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/14/2022 03:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2022 03:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I got Off of the Beaten Path yesterday and perused a few Conservative Fantasies WEB sites.

I'm stunned by all the absolute, plain-and-simple, anti Polio vaccination Idiots!

To be plain about it, , , , , it has now gotten to the point that the MAGA folks are very sure that ALL vaccinations are a Liberal World Government plot.

Well, Okay. It is your God Given Right to not be vaccinated, along with the Holy fact that it is also your right to catch "it" and then die a miserable death.

Oh and, , , , , , please don't worry about the "trackers" in the vaccines, , , , you already got your tracker from your Pabst Blue Ribbon.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 08/14/2022 at 03:56 AM by dingpatch
 08/14/2022 04:48 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Be stunned, bros
 08/14/2022 07:23 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Anyone out there know/met people affected by polio??

You have to have grey hair (or none) to answer 'yes', but believe me you don't want you or your family getting that - IF you live, the are severely 'affected' for th rest of your life.

Whatever happened to the mandatory 'DPT' vaccines for everyone?

This is (yet another) true 'public health' issue, or are we still in the age of 'free to be irresponsible at the expense of others (don't answer that)

That shit's gotta change

Stupid is as stupid does

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

08/14/2022 07:23 AM

Bamboo

I am old enough to have had teachers, family friends, and older workmates who had polio... and they lived but the deformity and handicaps were very serious. I remember my first grade teacher looked like Doris Day but had polio and one leg was about the size of her wrist. She was able to get around with a pronounced limp.
She was lucky.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/14/2022 07:31 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Vaccines aren't like one thing. They're like anything else, there are good ones and bad ones. I haven't heard anything negative about the polio vaccine but I would definitely do my research before giving any kids the HPV vaccine or taking the shingles vaccine. I've heard negative things about both of those.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 08/14/2022 07:50 AM

dingpatch

The VA gave me the HPV vaccine.

And, I just got my last shingles vaccination a week ago.

And, , , , , , please Do Not hesitate to get the shingles shot. Last month while I was at the VA in Nashville I met an old Vet who had had shingles, , , , , , he said that he would rather have been shot by the NVA again. "That AK round Did Not hurt near as much as that fucking shingles shit".

Dora Hates You
 08/14/2022 08:47 AM

scombrid

He's heard things. I heard lots of bad things to from the likes of Joe Mercola and company. The question is whether or not I properly research the claims and make a decision based on accurate risk-benefit analysis. Rates matter more than anecdotes.

08/15/2022 04:02 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

IMO everyone should do a rational risk assessment of taking/not taking any vaccine, or other medical treatment for that matter, based on their own particular case IN consultation with their doctor, but it def looks like nowadays many are basing these decisions based on irrational BS propaganda on political based websites, 'news' organizations, blogs etc etc, and not true science (aka 'statistics')..

For most all vaccines to even make it to the public, the chance of getting any serious side effects are practically zero, compared to getting, or spreading, the disease/virus etc, or they wouldn't make it to market.

Truly a sad state of affairs when a significant percent of the population make these decisions believe based on fear mongering, spread for the sole purpose of bilking or selling ads, by the the likes of alex jones et al, more than the advice of their doctors and the medical community..

is the bot asleep?

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 08/15/2022 at 04:03 AM by surfsail

08/15/2022 05:17 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: scombrid

He's heard things. I heard lots of bad things to from the likes of Joe Mercola and company. The question is whether or not I properly research the claims and make a decision based on accurate risk-benefit analysis. Rates matter more than anecdotes.

I guess you are just going to gloss over the fact that I said "I would do my research..." so that you can try to make some grandiose statement that really doesn't say anything. BRAVO!!! I don't give a shit if you vaccinate yourself against feline AIDS. Take' 'em all for all I care.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

08/15/2022 05:34 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: scombrid He's heard things. I heard lots of bad things to from the likes of Joe Mercola and company. The question is whether or not I properly research the claims and make a decision based on accurate risk-benefit analysis. Rates matter more than anecdotes.
I guess you are just going to gloss over the fact that I said "I would do my research..." so that you can try to make some grandiose statement that really doesn't say anything. BRAVO!!! I don't give a shit if you vaccinate yourself against feline AIDS. Take' 'em all for all I care.
Its his MO......identity politics, generalization, and prejudice. The very first post on this topic reeks of that as well. Just makes things so much easier to approach things with such a broad swath then to have actual debates with the individual themselves. Identity politics is a very useful tool to villainize the "opposition"

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

08/15/2022 06:06 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Polio should have been eradicated, yet because of a few selfish people who refuse vaccination, it remains in circulation.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/15/2022 06:09 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Polio should have been eradicated, yet because of a few selfish people who refuse vaccination, it remains in circulation.
kinda like....effKay?
 08/15/2022 06:18 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

MAGA folks are very sure that ALL vaccinations are a Liberal World Government plot.
It's both sides. See one Robert Kennedy, Jr. Just recently read up on the polio vaccine. The most popular one doesn't stop one from getting the disease. The vaccinated just get a mild case - most of the time. The vaccination itself can also lead to a full blown, bad case in a small set of people. Not entirely clear cut as to whether you get the vaccine in a low polio case load scenario.

I :heart; Q
 08/15/2022 07:56 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: scombrid He's heard things. I heard lots of bad things to from the likes of Joe Mercola and company. The question is whether or not I properly research the claims and make a decision based on accurate risk-benefit analysis. Rates matter more than anecdotes.
Its his MO......identity politics, generalization, and prejudice. The very first post on this topic reeks of that as well. Just makes things so much easier to approach things with such a broad swath then to have actual debates with the individual themselves. Identity politics is a very useful tool to villainize the "opposition"
And Tpap reference RFK Jr. thus making my point about the likes of Joe Mercola and company. RFJ Jr. is part of that "and company".

08/15/2022 07:59 AM

scombrid

Any of you research the survival rate of polio and apply the same logic you have about covid?

08/15/2022 08:55 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid

Both of you care that others get vaccinated. They are different from your tribe and that bothers you.

I was right.
 08/15/2022 09:20 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: scombrid Any of you research the survival rate of polio and apply the same logic you have about covid?
Although most cases of polio are mild, the 1% of cases resulting in flaccid paralysis has made polio a feared disease for hundreds of years. Of people with paralytic polio, about 2% - 5% of children die and up to 15% - 30% of adults die.

COVID has a death rate of less than 2%, and even that population makeup has common factors such as age, and health.

A polio vaccine will prevent you from catching and spreading the virus, except for rare cases where the vaccinated person in immunocompromised.

A COVID "vaccine" will not prevent you from catching or spreading the virus. No matter what.

We're not exactly talking apples to apples, now are we Scom?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

08/15/2022 10:06 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The Covid 'jab' is in fact NOT a vaccine.

Far far from it.

"Social media is calling bluff on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for modifying its definition of the words "vaccine" and "vaccination" on its website.
Before the change, the definition for "vaccination" read, "the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease."
Now, the word "immunity" has been switched to "protection."
The term "vaccine" also got a makeover.
The CDC's definition changed from "a product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease" to the current "a preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 08/15/2022 at 10:16 AM by Fish Killer
 08/15/2022 10:19 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: dingpatch

The VA gave me the HPV vaccine.

You old dog! Glad to hear you are still out there getting it in on the reg.

08/15/2022 10:21 AM

Sniper

It sounds like it isn't just here. Sounds like people around the world aren't seeing much benefit in accepting the gene therapy into your life.

Moderna CEO:

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Polio

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .