Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Just when you thought you had seen all the insanity - Now this.....
Topic Summary: USDA to Allow Imports of Citrus from China
Created On: 04/19/2020 12:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2020 12:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Palm_Grower

Joined Forum: 09/11/2004

I just came across this article while reading the latest farming info.

Is the USDA on the same planet as us?

nullhttps://www.growingproduce.com/citrus/usda-to-allow-imports-of-citrus-from-china/

Here's another little known "fact",......... two and a half years ago we received another "gift" from China. It's called "Lychee Enrose Mite" or LEM and it is currently destroying lychee groves all over Florida. Last I was told, 11 Florida Counties are/were on quarantine due to this mite. Entire lychee groves in Lee County have been "Hat Racked" or "Buck Horned" or simply cut and burned. Entire nurseries have had their lychee stock burned. To the tune of 5,000 potted plants at one nursery. LEM was most recently found in North Dade County as of 6-8 weeks ago.

The culprit...."unofficially"........"maybe"......"can't exactly prove it"....but it appears to be 99.99999% (5 9's for those of you in the telecom industry) a person with no regard for our countries agricultural laws, "appears" to have brought in some plant material that was infected with LEM. One person...... Orchards in Stuart have been removed from the planet due to LEM.

Our citrus here in Florida is being decimated by "Citrus Greening" another gift from China.

And yet we don't appear to learn. It's almost as if the powers at be want to end Florida agriculture. After all, it's been going on for 500 years, isn't that long enough? It appears it's time to simply pave Florida and have everyone move here.

Anybody know how to start one of those petitions?

Ok, I'm done.

04/19/2020 01:40 PM

Palm_Grower

Joined Forum: 09/11/2004

.....Dave can you provide a Happy Ending Haiku for us?
 04/19/2020 04:31 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

No more lychees for us. Gotta travel to London for when lychees from Madagascar are imported. Importing citrus from China is bonkers.
 04/21/2020 07:15 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They paved paradise
and, put up a parking lot
The happy ending is...
you get to learn to speak chiinese

(sorry, all I got)
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .