Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2019 07:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - paddleout - 11/21/2019 07:43 PM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - Coconuts - 11/22/2019 09:34 AM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - RegularJoe - 11/22/2019 07:40 PM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - dab - 11/23/2019 08:19 AM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - RiddleMe - 11/26/2019 05:03 AM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - RegularJoe - 11/26/2019 08:10 PM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - paddleout - 11/23/2019 10:33 AM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - seaspray - 11/25/2019 10:40 AM  
 Need a new doctor- Primary Care.. Any recommendations?   - paddleout - 11/25/2019 02:52 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2019 07:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

paddleout

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

I was going to Poonam Mishra off Wickham, but it was a horrible experience there and too far a drive from beachside anyway..

Ideally looking for someone Beachside, but will take any recommendation.

Tried to get in with Lydia Crane, but she is not taking new patients.

Male, 49 years old.

Want to get a physical, bloodwork, etc.

I was told to try Anna Hadid, but her reviews are pretty bad- anyone used her?

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Edited: 11/25/2019 at 02:54 PM by paddleout
 11/22/2019 09:34 AM

Coconuts

Joined Forum: 09/18/2003

Don't know if you want to go as far as Satellite, but we like: www.tworiversfamilypractice.com on So Patrick Dr.
Dr is very thorough and we also like her Nurse Practitioners. Accepting new patients.
 11/22/2019 07:40 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Dr. Mark Pinsky in Viera is good, very knowledgeable w/ sports medicine, but requires MDVIP membership (expensive).

Dr. Frances Carpraro at Two Rivers was recommended to me by a prominent local surgeon. Several years ago (iirc) she was part of a similar, pricey concierge membership group (SignatureMD), but would see non-member patients on Fridays, and her NP or PA could see non-member patients other days. I don't see anything about that on her current website, so it's worth a call to inquire.

I've heard good things about Dr. Rebecca Hunton in Indialantic, but she doesn't take insurance, and may or may not be taking new patients now.

You can walk in to any of the Wuesthoff (Steward) Reference Lab sites in the area, and self-pay a very affordable rate for a ton of blood tests. Most of the results are in a simple, readable format (Range = low, normal, high), but you should still find a "professional" in the field to sanity-check the overall picture and interpret/assess any abnormalities.

I'm not sure if you can get an EKG (ECG) on your heart at some of the local fire stations. You can buy an EKG machine on E-bay, which is not outrageous, and can be useful if you or someone you know can read the results. You could borrow a Kardia, KardiaBand for Apple Watch (Series 1-3) or an Apple Series 4 watch by itself to do a basic EKG check for Afib (atrial fibrillation), but if you have the type that comes and goes, you might need multiple readings to catch it, since they only read for 30 seconds at a time, while you're holding your finger(s) in position.

Note that the Apple/Kardia devices won't report Atrial Flutter (or any condition other than possible AFib), but you might be able to recognize the telltale signs of atrial flutter in a reading. At your age, every physical should include an EKG, so ask in advance of a physical for them to be ready, especially if you have any symptoms like heart palpitations in your chest, or occasional shortness of breath. (Versions of Afib/Aflutter that come and go are called "paroxysmal" and might only be caught by longer-term measurements from a Holter monitor or implantable cardiac monitor.)

Anyway, good luck, and please post here if you find a GP/PCP you like!
 11/23/2019 08:19 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

RADIANTLY HEALTHY FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE

If you are interested in a full blood work MD, then Dr Hunton is the best in Brevard. She practices Funtional Medicine. She doesn't accept insurance but will give you everything you need to file a claim yourself for reimbursement from you insurance carrier.

-------------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

11/26/2019 05:03 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: dab She doesn't accept insurance but will give you everything you need to file a claim yourself for reimbursement from you insurance carrier.
odd. that would be a deal breaker for most id think. would be for me at least
 11/26/2019 08:10 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: dab
She doesn't accept insurance but will give you everything you need to file a claim yourself for reimbursement from you insurance carrier.

odd. that would be a deal breaker for most id think. would be for me at least

Free market at its best! You get the price transparency from her, and realize first-hand that all the obfuscation is on the insurer's end. And she can reduce staff by 1-2 heads. I have a coworker who is quite happy with her.
 11/23/2019 10:33 AM

paddleout

Thank for the tips everyone- keep em coming

I have Aetna, so will need to use someone who takes that.

I will check out 2 Rivers- I know where that place is. I didn't see Aetna listed on their website, but will give them a call and see.
 11/25/2019 10:40 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Looking for a local physician too, and Two Rivers is In-Network with Aetna

There are some really bad reviews, but not sure if it's just coming from 1 disgruntled patient. Would like to get more feedback since it's very close and convenient.

Edited: 11/25/2019 at 10:41 AM by seaspray
 11/25/2019 02:52 PM

paddleout

Hey seaspray-

if Two Rivers is in-network with Aetna (ie takes my insurance)

then I will be going there soon enough and will post back my review.. they would have to try REAL hard to be worse than Poonam Mishra DO (401 N Wickham Rd) - the doctor I'm bailing from..
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .