Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chomsky on Vaccines
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2021 09:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/25/2021 09:32 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/25/2021 10:00 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/25/2021 10:38 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/25/2021 10:52 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/25/2021 11:23 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/25/2021 11:58 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/25/2021 12:27 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - scombrid - 10/25/2021 12:44 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - StirfryMcflurry - 10/25/2021 02:14 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - tpapablo - 10/25/2021 07:28 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - surfsail - 10/25/2021 11:16 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/26/2021 05:16 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - wtf - 10/26/2021 05:21 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/26/2021 05:46 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/25/2021 01:06 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - 3rdworldlover - 10/26/2021 05:59 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/26/2021 06:09 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - scombrid - 10/27/2021 06:56 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - Cole - 10/27/2021 07:19 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - RustyTruck - 10/26/2021 07:25 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/26/2021 07:28 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - wtf - 10/26/2021 08:54 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - OBX - 10/26/2021 09:42 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - surfsail - 10/28/2021 04:12 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - wtf - 10/26/2021 11:53 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - Cole - 10/26/2021 01:21 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - moosejaw - 10/26/2021 05:44 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - Fish Killer - 10/26/2021 08:51 PM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - HAPDigital - 10/27/2021 05:00 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - HAPDigital - 10/27/2021 05:03 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - Fish Killer - 10/27/2021 05:25 AM  
 Chomsky on Vaccines   - Cole - 10/27/2021 06:46 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2021 09:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Vaccines should not be mandated, but those who refuse vaccination have a responsibility to isolate themselves to protect others.

He's catching hell on the Twitter, but I think he's essentially correct in an anarchist sense. No one should be forced, however, it's completely appropriate for the community such as it is to require such a thing as a condition of participation in order to protect the collective population.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/25/2021 10:00 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Back from a week of travel and I see we're still beating the same ol drum, huh Rusty?

So the vaccinated are also scared of negative tests and natural immunities?

Any requirements for number of booster shots, too?

And once again, please explain to me the logic of being vaccinated, but still scared of those that aren't.....

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Edited: 10/25/2021 at 10:01 AM by OBX
 10/25/2021 10:38 AM

RustyTruck

Chomsky's comments were trending today, so...

If you've got a problem with it, you'll be in agreement with most of left wing twitter.

My position has been pretty consistent, I support the right to not get vaccinated, you just aren't welcome at my home or workplace. Proof of vaccination required.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/25/2021 10:52 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Chomsky's comments were trending today, so... If you've got a problem with it, you'll be in agreement with most of left wing twitter. My position has been pretty consistent, I support the right to not get vaccinated, you just aren't welcome at my home or workplace. Proof of vaccination required.
Must have papers, huh Rusty?

Have you decided on a requirement for number of booster shots required, too?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

10/25/2021 11:23 AM

RustyTruck

In order to get into the "Fox Patriot Awards" you need to show either a vaccine card or a negative test within the previous 72 hours at the mandatory check point. And that's in Floriduh even.

http://try.nation.foxnews.com/patriot-awards/

10/25/2021 11:58 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck In order to get into the "Fox Patriot Awards" you need to show either a vaccine card or a negative test within the previous 72 hours at the mandatory check point. And that's in Floriduh even. http://try.nation.foxnews.com/patriot-awards/
Notice the allowance of a negative test? That's the big difference. Cool story, though.

Speaking of Floriduh, how are we currently staking up to the rest of the nation? Specifically the states/cities that are still masked up and somewhat locked down?

10/25/2021 12:27 PM

RustyTruck

Glad you liked the story. A required negative 72 hr. test result isn't considered "papers"? Go figure.

As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.

Edited: 10/25/2021 at 12:29 PM by RustyTruck
 10/25/2021 12:44 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

People bucking the governor on safety protocols helped dampen the surge. Wonder how Thanksgiving - Christmas will work out? Masks are coming off again.

10/25/2021 02:14 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.
still a few hold outs in NSRville
 10/25/2021 07:28 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Glad you liked the story. A required negative 72 hr. test result isn't considered "papers"? Go figure. As for Floriduh - Florida suffered the most deaths overall and per-capita during the summer surge. 738 here in Brevard. Probably helped clean out the shallow end of the gene pool, though.
T'is nice being on the higher end of the gene pool. Said it from the get go that I had nothing to worry about. The shallow end was sure nervous, weren't they? Guess they had reason, huh?

I :heart; Q
 10/25/2021 11:16 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'...

When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'..

Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath..

Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,,

Choices choices - or maybe no more .............

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

10/26/2021 05:16 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: surfsail Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'... When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'.. Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath.. Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,, Choices choices - or maybe no more .............
Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself.

Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?

10/26/2021 05:21 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: surfsail

Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'...

When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'..

Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath..

Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,,

Choices choices - or maybe no more .............

Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself.

Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?

I love how you dotards completely ignore the long term complications. You are a fucking moron...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/26/2021 05:46 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: wtf
Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: surfsail Agree fully with Chomsky's take - as usual.. Notice how little you see him ony any mainstream media.. 'Democracy Now' is one of the few that you see him on - and they are def not 'mainstream'... When someones 'freedoms', and irresponsibility. infringe literally or threaten someones life, their 'right' to 'freedom' comes to an end.. That's why we have 'laws' against drunk or reckless driving etc etc etc.. It's called 'civilized society'.. Ever see Chomsky on CNN, MSNBC etc - once I think... ? faux, aon - Don't hold your breath.. Yep tpap, lot's in the shallow end of the pool paid the ultimate price with their stupidity not to get the jab,, Choices choices - or maybe no more .............
Just a friendly reminder this disease has over a 98.5% survival rate, even more so if you're under 65. And....the beauty is....if you don't want to take that chance you can get vaccinated to protect yourself. Which makes me pose the question....again.....why are you scared of the unvaxed if you are vaccinated yourself?
I love how you dotards completely ignore the long term complications. You are a fucking moron...
Is Greensleeves your alternate handle? You both seem to espouse such intelligent, thought provoking responses. Either you're the same person, or live in the same bubble.

10/25/2021 01:06 PM

RustyTruck

I'm going to get a booster, just haven't decided if I should go with more Moderna, or mix it up with a shot of Pfizer.

10/26/2021 05:59 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

That stupid question, again... ?
 10/26/2021 06:09 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover That stupid question, again... ?
Yep, the one that no one answers with any semblance of logic. Here, I'll lay it out for you again

I rather not take the 1.5% chance of death with Covid, so I will get vaccinated to protect myself

OK, fair enough.
Logic breaks down the second you start assuming, blaming, or being fearful for your own protection if other people are not vaccinated. Why? Because following the logic, that means you're afraid the vaccine doesn't work.

Which brings us full circle again of you snarking at people for not taking a vaccine that according to your logic, as evident by your fears, doesn't work anyways.

So again, tell me why if your are vaccinated, you are fearful of the ones that aren't? Using Florida as an example, where we were open and free, did the hospitals ever get fully overwhelmed? Did those ice trucks actually get filled with all these dead bodies from Covid? Did we run out of water like Scom was so fearful of? Or was that all media driven propaganda induced fear? Looking at our numbers now, it seems that its run its course and our numbers are now one of the best in the country. So again, where is all this fear, angst, and prejudice against the unvaccinated coming from? I know the answer.....but don't think you're willing to admit it....

Edited: 10/26/2021 at 06:10 AM by OBX
 10/27/2021 06:56 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: OBX Because following the logic, that means you're afraid the vaccine doesn't work.
The vaccine doesn't work for people with weak immune systems. Why are you happy to increase their risk so much? Like the FL surgeon general that refused to wear a mask in a meeting with a legislator being treated for cancer? Why do you think that is okay?
did the hospitals ever get fully overwhelmed?
Yes. Several did. Our local Parrish medical was on the radio almost every day for a month pleading with people to get vaccinated, wear masks, distance, etc... because they were full. People that needed medical care other than covid were getting triaged out. The hospital down here in Palm Bay had to set up tents outside. etc...
Did those ice trucks actually get filled with all these dead bodies from Covid?
Several facilities around central Florida did in fact run out of freezer space and had to store bodies in refrigerated trucks.
Did we run out of water like Scom was so fearful of?
That's a dumb strawman of the actual case. OUC uses liquid oxygen to purify drinking water and they were indeed short on supply so they had folks in their service area reduce use. I never once expressed any "fear" that we would "run out of water". It was a real case. Of course you think that it was all fake and OUC was faking the whole thing with its daily public service announcements about it across a bunch of different media platforms.
Or was that all media driven propaganda induced fear?
If the media was faking the press releases from OUC, why did OUC not speak up about it? Was OUC in on the plot? How about the CEO of Parrish medical here in Brevard? Was he getting paid off to lie about conditions in his facilities?

Edited: 10/27/2021 at 06:57 AM by scombrid
 10/27/2021 07:19 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The media? They came directly from OUC.

The Orlando Utilities Commission is echoing a call they gave two weeks ago asking residents to conserve water due to a liquid oxygen shortage. On Aug., OUC said it was seeing a short supply of liquid oxygen coming in, used to treat the city's drinking water.Sep 3, 2021

I was right.
 10/26/2021 07:25 AM

RustyTruck

I think everyone has decided they've spent enough time and effort trying to help you understand how this works. You don't seem to be capable of anything more complex than binary understanding.

10/26/2021 07:28 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I think everyone has decided they've spent enough time and effort trying to help you understand how this works. You don't seem to be capable of anything more complex than binary understanding.
Show me where this question has been answered, Rusty. Answered without holes in the logic being presented.

10/26/2021 08:54 AM

wtf

'Hey guys, drunk driving only kills .0005% of people, why do we have DD laws?' Sincerely OBX and the rest of the fucking idiots in this country...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/26/2021 09:42 AM

OBX

Originally posted by: wtf 'Hey guys, drunk driving only kills .0005% of people, why do we have DD laws?' Sincerely OBX and the rest of the fucking idiots in this country...
Such a stupid, non-sequitur analogy. But, I'll play.

Top 3 causes of preventable deaths in the USA: 1. Tobacco 2. poor diet and inactivity 3. alchohol

If we're being "pure" with your analogy, and the government truly cares about your health and safety, do you support making alcohol or tobacco illegal? How about a "fat tax?"

Or....given there is also a small chance you'll die from a drunk driver, does that mean you don't drive at all? Do you also share such distain for those who don't wear seatbelts as you do for those who aren't vaxxed?

Or,.... are you admitting that the vaccine won't prevent you from getting injured/killed by COVID anymore than the seatbelts or laws will prevent you from getting injured/killed by a drunk driver?

I think its best you let the big boys debate, and save the childish attempt and insults for greenie and his squealing dolphins.

10/28/2021 04:12 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Those who choose to not get vaccinated are transmiting it easier than those with a vacc,

=> an increase in speading the cove

=> more chance that a more vacc resistaant variant will develop

Also seems to be a high overlap / co-relation with more deadly anti vacc types and anti-mask types.. All under the guise of their personal 'freedom'..

All the while ignoring the 'freedoms' of others to live healthy lives - including those that they do NOT directly interact with.. Is it always about 'you' only? Fuck everybody else?

Whats up with that?

Seems like we also have a 'no smoking' laws for enclosed public places. ? Good? Bad? thing?

Whats up with that? Hmmm

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 10/28/2021 at 04:15 PM by surfsail

10/26/2021 11:53 AM

wtf

blah blah blah

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/26/2021 01:21 PM

Cole

It's a simple shot.

These are required for Florida schools, can you tell me what's in them?

Hepatitis B (Hep B)
2 months Diphtheria-Tetanus-acellular
Pertussis (DTaP), Hep B,

Haemophilus influenzae
type b (Hib), Polio (IPV),

Pneumococcal Conjugate

(PCV13), Rotavirus

4 months DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV13, Rotavirus

6 months DTaP, Hep B, Hib, IPV,
PCV13, Rotavirus, Influenza

12-15 months Measles-Mumps-Rubella
(MMR), PCV13, Hib, Varicella

15-18 months DTaP
Hepatitis A (Hep A)
2 doses 6 months apart

4-6 years DTaP, IPV, MMR, Varicella, Flu
11-18 years Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

2 or 3-dose series; can be

given as early as 9 years of

age. Age 14 and under should

receive the 2-dose series

separated by 6 - 12 months.

Age 15 and over should

receive the 3-dose series. The

second and third doses should

be given two and six months

(respectively) after the first

dose. Meningococcal (MCV4)

with a booster dose at age 16.

Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular

pertussis (Tdap), Influenza

I was right.
 10/26/2021 05:44 PM

moosejaw

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

OBX by a furlong. Cole is still the dumbest guy on 2ndlight. Fish killer is not a real person. Play ball!

Ring...BOOM...snow. -Hatrick Penry

10/26/2021 08:51 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: moosejaw

OBX by a furlong.

Cole is still the dumbest guy on 2ndlight.

Fish killer is not a real person.

Play ball!

Coleslaw is by far the dumbest person on 2nd light.

Correct observation.

Thats why he is also called IQ66.

CRAPDigital is running a close 2nd.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 10/26/2021 at 08:52 PM by Fish Killer
 10/27/2021 05:00 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Fish Killer is the Grand Champion of Dumb, 15 years running strong. Also, nobody can come close to his 54K posts of physcopathic rage, babble and lies.
 10/27/2021 05:03 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Also, type in Fish Killer in the topic section of the advanced search. You get 3 entire pages full of forum members complaining about him, calling for the mods to ban him etc etc. I've never seen anything like it on any site anywhere. That's an award right there too, for FK and the mods/site owner. They harbor the asshole. LOL
 10/27/2021 05:25 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

q]Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Originally posted by: moosejaw

OBX by a furlong.

Cole is still the dumbest guy on 2ndlight.

Fish killer is not a real person.

Play ball!

Coleslaw is by far the dumbest person on 2nd light.

Correct observation.

Thats why he is also called IQ66.

CRAPDigital is running a close 2nd.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/27/2021 06:46 AM

Cole

What's in the vaccines?

If you are so smart, you'll have no problem telling me. lol

I was right.
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .