Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What's your best karma surf story?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/07/2019 07:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 What's your best karma surf story?   - IHBPatrick - 03/07/2019 07:18 AM  
 What's your best karma surf story?   - garcia - 03/07/2019 11:04 AM  
 What's your best karma surf story?   - SlimyBritches - 05/25/2019 04:54 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/07/2019 11:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I have a similar, but, opposite story. I was in CR at a really nice right point break (which I shall not name here). As with most point breaks there was only one prime takeoff setup. I was talking to one of the locals, when I saw a set starting to break way out at the furthest point. "Wow, look at that," says I. He got big bug eyes and took off paddling hard, obviously knowing that this was an indicator set and right where to be for the next one. I was right on his tail, just off to his right and a just a hair behind (sort of next to his legs). We both got there at the same time and whipped around for the takeoff. I was in priority position, and he knew it, but when I saw the look on his face, I said, "You want it?" "Yes!" says he, so I gave it to him. It was the best and biggest wave of the day, a perfect double overhead right. The rest of the day, he and I traded waves, none as good as that, but, better than most everybody else was getting. I always try to make friends with the locals right off the bat - give them the best wave, give them wax, whatever it takes. The payoffs can be huge.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .