Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2nd Light Water Test
Topic Summary: Caution!!
Created On: 08/06/2019 07:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/08/2019 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

well, one difference for sure is the waves at Watson have graded POOR consistently for far too long. so, even through there is no poop, which is odd because there are too many people bringing their dogs there every morning for the sunrise (hopefully they all carry their dog shit away), you are better off surfing at 2nd light. At least you'll be surfing.
 08/08/2019 08:53 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I'm still having stomach issues five days out. I really hope i didn't get this BS from our water, though my doctor said it is entirely possible.

-------------------------
I was right.
 08/09/2019 06:14 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Man 5 days ? that is not good at all, usually a chug of Pepto should cure most stomach issues. Paging Greg to the white courtesy phone..."Hey Greg, how are the water quality test performed and how much does a sample cost?" I wonder also if the collectors are using the exact same methods to collect samples. It seems that only when a local TV station gets involved things actually get done...All those Channel 9 stories on house repair scams usually result in a positive outcome (not always). Seems like the ships make enough $$ to have the tank pumped out at port(s)..just need to force them, worse case it may add an extra (very small) fee to each ticket holder, The human waste tax. The beach is a $ draw, if they are deemed unsafe things should change quickly. And yes "White wall" has not been good for a decade, stopped going there years ago.
 08/09/2019 06:36 AM

Cole

Man 5 days ? that is not good at all, usually a chug of Pepto should cure most stomach issues.

It's a first for me, that's for sure.

I used to take samples for a local municipality. The water was collected in a purified bottle and we used fresh gloves and an extension pole to avoid contamination. Then the sample was tracked with a chain of custody to avoid any issues later in court.

I was right.
 08/09/2019 01:42 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Originally posted by: seaspray

lol thanks for the mental picture

Big Ol Lady from Wisconsin who has been waiting her whole life for a cruise ship out of Port Canaveral....

Hahaha ditto! Then goes back for round 6!

Time and tide wait for no one.....
 08/09/2019 03:24 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Originally posted by: waterlizard25

[. Now Virgin Mobile is extending a Train along 528 from Orlando to our Port then South to Miami. Ohhh how it just keeps getting better and better.

This sounds like the same BS we fought in the 80/90's.

The govmnt' wanted a train to MCO from Port Canaveral and hidden in the small print,with no publicity, was the fact that the bill allowing for this train also allowed jet fuel to be pumped all the way north thru the Cape, turned left just above NASA Causeway, and meet up with 528 at SR407, continuing across the St John river estuary. One leak anywhere along the route would be catastrophic.

Trucking is way too expensive so they bury this part of the idea deep in the plan but they yell out "Oh Look over here....we'll put in a choo choo that will bring tourist dollars" and voila' the sheep follow the bouncing ball.

I have not delved into this train attempt so I don't know if this is what is going on behind the scenes, but it sure smells of Toxic Cruise Ship Poo

08/09/2019 03:26 PM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Blame the cruise ships of course, but beachside and lagoon side development is a major contributor.

Went fishing at Harrison Ave Weds evening and couldn't pull our fishing lines through the surf without them getting gunked up with brown crap.

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"

Edited: 08/09/2019 at 03:28 PM by SurfCaster
 08/22/2019 05:16 AM

Cole

The brown slime is back in Cocoa Beach.

I was right.
 08/22/2019 06:21 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I wonder also if the collectors are using the exact same methods to collect samples.

If they're doing it properly, they are following an SOP for surface water sampling that's been approved by the FDEP and using a NELAC certified lab. It really shouldn't have anything to do with the collection methods, a semi-trained monkey can do it.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/22/2019 06:31 AM

Woodhouse

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Maybe that's why I've got brown slime coming out of me. I jumped in for a bit a couple days ago. Really nauseous too.
 08/22/2019 06:48 AM

Greensleeves

Pretty sad. We may get happier when the Fall North winds start to blow and it will feel fresh but dang that's a month or two off.

Probably a blessing it's been so small.

Edited: 08/22/2019 at 06:48 AM by Greensleeves
 08/22/2019 11:45 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Originally posted by: Cole The brown slime is back in Cocoa Beach.
Oh yeah

green-brownish gunk on the inside, could have been really fun at incoming tide but that nasty stuff definitely cut the session short
 08/22/2019 02:42 PM

SunriseSurfer

Originally posted by: Cole The brown slime is back in Cocoa Beach.

Yuk

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
FORUMS : Surfing : 2nd Light Water Test

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .