Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bridge Over Sebastian Inlet to be Replaced
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/08/2019 05:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/12/2019 01:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Bridge being out shouldn't be a problem for them Duke Boys..

Odd that they are saying it was damaged during Dorian though- that storm barely knocked palm fronds to the ground.

-------------------------

When America was "great"

Edited: 10/12/2019 at 02:07 PM by fishkller
 10/12/2019 02:31 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You'll ding your boards driving like that!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/12/2019 04:09 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: fishkller

Bridge being out shouldn't be a problem for them Duke Boys..

Odd that they are saying it was damaged during Dorian though- that storm barely knocked palm fronds to the ground.

LOL or James bond.

10/13/2019 09:54 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The estimate for the rebuild is one year.

The giant ramps will be completed is just under a month.

I was right.
 10/15/2019 09:31 AM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

FDOT post storm inspection........ same organization that brought us the recent A1A road improvements? Same org that is bringing us a completely unneeded Ellis I-95 ramp between 192 and Eau Gallie? Same org that just coned off 100% of IHB thru Indialantic to put in a handful of medians that should have been put in when they made previous said A1A improvements? More clownage from one of the worst run gubment orgs we have. I hope someone challenges the merit of their findings.........
 10/15/2019 01:13 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^^^ The exit off I95 it to grow the Melbourne-Orlando International airport. "The airport exit", was it needed??..not really, in the future 10-20 yrs from now..yeah maybe a good idea, we will see. I wonder what will happen to Ellis road. The A1A medians are for crosswalks that are being built currently, the cones were needed so they could dig then go directly to the next spot and dig; it was a huge machine doing the work...cones are now being taken away, was not much of a delay maybe an extra two to three minutes? I have had one friend (RIP Art Stroud) and a neighbor hit and killed crossing A1A in my area, crosswalks way overdue. The bridge..well that is going to be a huge project, bike lanes, maybe taller? Not sure where the money will come from ...FDOT? Sebastian Beach Tax District? Hopefully they can patch fix the structure rather than full replacement. I do not know much about the damage. Did you vote for the .05 tax increase? Not even going to start on the muck removal boondoggle.

Edited: 10/15/2019 at 01:18 PM by SurferMic
 10/15/2019 01:21 PM

e11even

Joined Forum: 02/20/2014

Originally posted by: sfds Same org that is bringing us a completely unneeded Ellis I-95 ramp between 192 and Eau Gallie?
Have to disagree with you on this point. Guess you dont work out by Ellis and 95 like I do. If you did you would realize how bad the traffic is on John Rodes and that this ramp is needed. Agree with you on the other points. And wish FDOT did a better job communicating their plans with the residents beachside and give us more opportunity to be part of the process and let us decide where the cross walks should go. I am glad that we are getting one by my beach access but there is no sidewalk on the east side of A1A so it wasnt planned out very well.

-

10/16/2019 07:19 AM

sfds

Oh boy this will be fun. The stated purpose of the Ellis ramp is to "allevite traffic" from 192 and Eau Gallie "for the airport". Because you know, soooooooooooo many people are influxing by car from the N and S to fly out of Melbourne. As a matter of fact, I work off John Rodes. This ramp is going to make it worse!!!! This money should have been used to 4 lane Ellis and John Rodes end to end which is so badly needed. I dont see how you possibly think adding more traffic onto 2 lanes of Jon Rodes is going to help? A1A crosswalks - I have learned to like them, though they were poorly thought out. One of my points was - why were the ones they are working now not added at the time they just re-paved A1A and put alllllll the other crosswalks in a year ago?? typical FDOT. Come back a year later and cut up the concrete. They coned off the entire lanes 100% from IHB to 192 including all the intersections. Then there was not a worker around for atleast a week. Do you know why they re-did the cones in a more efficient manner recently? Because people were calling them (Melanie) saying WTF why is Eau Gallie turning onto N A1A coned off for a median 1/2 mile up the road, it makes no sense. Why is Paradise coned off? So they "re-evaluated" and reworked the cones and I agree its much better now and I understand they need them for safety. But why not think it thru and put them how they are now in the first place? Because FDOT thinks nothing through before they do it... Back to the subject at hand - I hope someone challenges the inspection. Sounds like someone wants to build a new bridge, bike lanes and all. toodles.
 10/16/2019 12:38 PM

e11even

Joined Forum: 02/20/2014

Ya sfds totally agree that a ramp for the "Airport" is BS. And ya ellis and john rodes needs to be 4 laned but you dont think this ramp will help to alleviate the traffic backed up at 5pm for those that have to take john rodes to I-95? Of course it will.

-

10/16/2019 02:27 PM

sfds

Yes, I see what you're saying. I hope so.
 10/18/2019 06:42 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

There is apparently hope. I read an article last night in our local 32963 about the bridge and FDOT was interviewed saying it is way to early to say how much or how long it will take to replace and that they will be doing a study to see how to keep the traffic flowing while the work is being done.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/18/2019 06:04 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Could these be the same genius folks that allowed a WAWA to go in at 192/US1 (already bad before) without adding a right hand turn lane?

It's a total clusterf&^ every morning there now- backed up to the bridge, people pulling kook turns every which way trying to get in, out and across

Wait til we have that train going by every hour it will be over the damn bridge SMH nice work

When America was "great"

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 06:05 PM by fishkller
 10/18/2019 07:58 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Is there a Wawa anywhere that isn't a rat maze to enter?

A year for the bridge does seem like a ridiculous amount of time.

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : Bridge Over Sebastian Inlet to be Replaced

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .