Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ALL - Need help finding a specific surfer that was at Jupiter pier (north side) yesterday
Topic Summary: PLEASE HELP
Created On: 12/02/2019 10:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2019 12:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

That's tab texter. He invented surfing. Then skateboarding and started the state of Florida down the path of greatness it currently occupies and by the way, he paddled out for six hours on the last swell at pump house when lesser men were towing in but only due to his incredible stamina and super human upper body strength (actual quotes) and he doesn't know why he's telling you all this deep stuff but he feels like you're really listening which is not what the people do (another) and by the way my new grom surf team is sick. F omg insane. Peter's kid. Terry's kid. Dude. Had them at the skate park, had to teach to stay low because that's how they are going to get better. That guy? That's tab. He's a stream of consciousness word tornado but I am compelled not to mock him too much because he still really does rip. I feel like a subway patron in NYC trying not to make eye contact with the homeless guy so he won't deliver his manifesto when I see him but like I said, he had the wave of the day at the cove for a left that was double overhead and a half mile ride. He was riding a 6'3". Killing it.

I enjoyed reading that.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

12/03/2019 12:08 PM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Tab is da Man! Heart of gold and absolute ripper!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 12/03/2019 12:08 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I mentioned this on another the day after that big swell. So tab took off way on the outside, got the biggest bomb on his 6'3" and rode it for what seemed like half a mile. About an hour later he finally made it back out to the outside cove. I asked how his wave was and he said "well I did finally set foot on dry land at south beach and got some coffee and a scone." There was another mention of the gold standard and the economy, restarting the his brand reef road and not getting a ticket for parking in Palm Beach because his stealth van with blacked out windows was shrewdly disguised as lawn maintenance. LAWN MAINTENANCE.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/03/2019 12:29 PM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

I've been on this site way too long and I'm still not 100% if he's a real dude or not, either way it made for some entertaining threads.
 12/03/2019 04:38 PM

johnnyboy

I'm not that creative. Those are actual quotes. The dude really does ride a 6'3" on bomb surf and he's crazier than a shit house rat. But he is real. Heart of gold? Maybe. His own surf lingo and the infrequent brilliance mixed with an exaggerated sense of self bordering on delusions of grandeur? Absofrickinlutely.

http://theboardr.com/profile/7734/Tab_Textor

Notice the age, the sponsors and the skills.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Edited: 12/03/2019 at 04:47 PM by johnnyboy
 12/03/2019 05:05 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

I have met Beanrat, he is real. He would come out to our sacred Sat Bch reef riding a 9 foot + rhino chaser, sit out there and catch and charge.

He is real, but I have not seen him in years.

This shot is from a COLD day on December 22, 2012. This was after Leslie, then Sandy, then the Thanksgiving killer weekend ... 4 great swells in the fall of '12.

BeanRat is legend.

And yes, those are skivvies, or speedos, but like I said, the man is legend.

All other surfers, including my self-proclaimed Polar Bear self were sporting full suits, but BR, well, you see the evidence before you.

Photo by BrendaLee

Edited: 12/03/2019 at 05:13 PM by rc
 12/03/2019 05:07 PM

johnnyboy

Wow. Just wow.

12/04/2019 03:57 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

beanrat=the hero 2nd light deserves! shred on bruddah!
 12/04/2019 06:08 AM

sw

Joined Forum: 10/13/2005

Man...almost 60 and still running with the young dogs on the QS!

Pro Surfer: Tab Textor - World Surf League
 12/04/2019 08:37 AM

johnnyboy

If you see him surf, you will be impressed. However, you might even have to start a new thread with all of the new information he's debriefed you with. Its like that line in London Calling: London calling yes I was there too, and you know what they said? Well some of it was true! He has also forgotten me as many times as he has met me and he only really remembers me when he sees my board, which he thinks makes me some secret member of tribe of bonzer riders led by Merrick from the Palm Beach Gardens skate park.

12/04/2019 08:56 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: sw

Man...almost 60 and still running with the young dogs on the QS!

Pro Surfer: Tab Textor - World Surf League

Dang that is impressive!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

12/04/2019 01:56 PM

pumphouse

Can we get an AMA with Tab on here?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 12/04/2019 06:50 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I've met Beanrat; he's the real deal. Cool to hear the story behind Tab T. I'd heard the name before, but not much else. Sounds like those guys should be in an Alan Weisbecker book.
 12/05/2019 05:16 AM

mattbujor

Joined Forum: 11/08/2013

LMAO WOW ALL! Yes it was 100% Tab Texter, Johnnyboy that is hilarious I was following that thread and saw that and laughed out loud thinking to myself wow... sounds like a character, and then yes in the water he was talking about the gold standard and inflation and all this crap! What a cool guy but wow, what the heck is going on that he was so similar to that youtube guy I mentioned? Does anyone know?

12/05/2019 05:19 AM

johnnyboy

No kidding. We should somehow get those two together for a surf off while they are mic'd. Just years of material.

12/05/2019 09:04 AM

pumphouse

Tab is in charge of the Space X rocket launch in 30 mins!

12/06/2019 07:00 AM

johnnyboy

This thread will make me laugh for a very long time. There will be many more subway riders making eye contact with him and getting this avalanche of history, theory, fantasy, and just plain old bullshit. Or as we say in the line up entertainment. As soon as a set comes in you can break free and ride a wave away and even keep away if you want but I'm telling you, you might want to paddle back and listen just to hear the workings of a very precise and egocentric mind making a timepiece with gum, gold, pepper and saccharine. I have compared stories with others and whole the themes remain constant, his laser perspective darts around to new and old, novel and sacred, original and stereotypical. In the end it's like a cubist painting that blends every isolated perspective into a painting you can never decide if you like at the time. It's the exact opposite of the Gestalt, it's not the whole but the pieces that fascinate.

FORUMS : Surfing : ALL - Need help finding a specific surfer that was...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .