Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Check April-May flights to San José, CR from Orlando
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2020 08:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2020 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Copa, perhaps Jet Blue, Delta. Late March through May. I can't change the link to a location other than Vero. Google flights

Edited: 03/03/2020 at 09:03 AM by ww
 03/03/2020 09:42 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Who wants to get barrelled?

03/03/2020 04:52 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Every week I get the latest deals and post two of the best on my surf report. LINK Last week it was Miami to San Jose for only $303 (April 6th - 12th) on American Airlines, and Los Angeles to San Jose on Copa Airlines for only $236 roundtrip (May 8th-15th)

Let me know when you are ready to go and I can set up your lodging and transportation, locking you into the perfect size waves for your level of experience and knowing the tides and swell conditions before your trip.

-------------------------
http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 03/04/2020 05:28 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I had found that 2 weeks after Semana Santa is the best time to go. Historically, Easter is the beginning of their winter and the children go back to school. Most get off the Easter week, and those that had to work that week, get off the next. Then, one can name their own prices for goods and services. But it's been since 05 since I've gotten to go, and it's probably way more Gringoized now.
 03/04/2020 08:49 AM

Greensleeves

"way more Gringoized now" yes

the roads are way better so you can get to the goods easier
 03/04/2020 10:45 AM

SlimyBritches

My tico friend that owns The Cabinas Vista Hermosa in Jaco told me there's a nice toll road that'll deliver you to The goods muy pronto. I liked the old road where you'd go around a curve and half the road would be washed away. Desrumbes en la carratera. es la verdad.
 03/05/2020 07:09 AM

Greensleeves

slimy digs the adventure! Good on ya!
 03/05/2020 02:05 PM

SlimyBritches

Back then, that was the good road. The road between Cabuya and Santa Terresa/Mal Pais was a task after a rain.

The most adventurous/dangerous place there, is San Jose when the Sun goes down. We were stuck in traffic on a side road when it started to go down. Within minutes, the sidewalk was bare. There was a narrow "alley" between 2 buildings about2' wide, max. I noticed movement and a zombie looking guy squeezed out, bleeding from the side, and ate something he picked up off the road. Dat be some crazy Schitt, yo.

We turned in the rental and caught a cab to the hotel, it was way after dark. The door was locked and the desk guy was almost asleep when I rapped on the window. He sprang to life muy rapido with an AK looking weapon in his hand. He was displeased. Lo siento, puto.
 03/05/2020 04:36 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

The back way to cabuya is still way sketch. That's where my son rolled the atv and we thought broke his wrist. Got lucky. No break. The main road is paved and nice.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/05/2020 05:25 PM

SlimyBritches

Is the "road" from Mal Pais thru Cabo Blanco reserve to Cabuya still accessible? We saw a big black panther in a gully there on afternoon. It looked at me and jumped over 20' up into the trees. I grabbed my camera and ran into the darkness where it was. Then I realized, I was what would be called Grub Hub. I ran away screaming like a little school girl.
 03/06/2020 06:38 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

You saw a black panther!!! big score....
 03/06/2020 09:32 AM

SlimyBritches

Late last century we went into the Osa. I got my azz handed to me at Matapalo so we went across the mountain to Carate. We surf most of the day at a cove and before we headed back, we drove towards to reserve. At the end of the "road" there was a small tienda. We went in and bought some beverages. Hanging from the ceiling were animal parts. Reminded me of the Texas Chainsaw massacre. Someone said that they had just released a 12' python around back. It was late after noon, almost sunset. I heard a faint rumbling and a heard some monkey noises in the jungle behind. I walked toward the bush and could see some "congos" in a clearing. As the rumbling got louder, they got more agitated. Finally I saw a troop carrier top a hill (later found out it was transportation from the mines). The monkeys started screaming. The vehicle pulled up, a lady got out, and the biggest ape came out, grabbed her by the arm and took her into the jungle. The Ticos there seemed unaffected, and found it comical. Years later, we camped in Cabuya and a guy from Cali was down the way with his Panamanian wife. She'd stop by in the morning and share produce she picked from the bush. She asked us, one day, if we heard the Bruja. I thought of the monkey lady.

Edited: 03/06/2020 at 09:34 AM by SlimyBritches
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .