Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Good surf on TV/web
Topic Summary: Samsung Plus / Pluto Sports
Created On: 03/06/2020 06:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/06/2020 06:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Found some free channels on my new Samsung TV, but it looks like they're available on the web for any device.

Pluto Sports has a surf channel "Pluto Surf" listed as Channel 495.

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/pluto-tv-surf?utm_source=homepage

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/pluto...rf?utm_source=homepage

Just finished watching Discovering Mavericks. Jay Moriarty special on now. Not sure how much more content they've got, but I've seen lots of cool stuff already this week.

5 stars. Joe Bob says check it out.
 03/08/2020 08:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I have this on Fire TV too, I believe. Thanks for the heads up.

I have more TV than I can ever watch and the cost is a small portion of what Spectrum was charging me. How they still exist is beyond me?

-------------------------
I was right.
 03/08/2020 12:31 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

We caught a documentary about surfing in Ireland the other day. More cool stuff.

For TV, Spectrum is probably a victim of how the big media industry dictates what content they bundle, and in part, they have to pass it on. The newer internet-based alternatives seem to get better deals and ability to schedule more stuff a la carte and on-demand.

Spectrum will have to adapt and compete, but for now, they're making a ton by overcharging for internet and bundled landline phones. I replaced my landline with an Ooma box 10 years ago for a fraction of the price. Getting rid of that soon, and finally cutting the cable TV package now that I've got my antenna placed just right.

Between Sling, Hulu, Roku, Amazon, Netflix, and whatever else there is, regular cable is hard to justify. I don't even watch TV unless my wife has a news channel on, or an occasional sports event. I've watched more of this new surf channel in the past week than all my other combined watching for a year.
Statistics
146498 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .