Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Knee Replacement and surfing???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/16/2020 02:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/16/2020 02:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

Karma slapped me up side da head. Kinda poked fun at theses posts and now....... So looking at Knee replacement for non extant meniscus and bone on bone wear as well as heavy arthritis build up. Ligs are good Anyone had the new MAKO surgery??? heard of Dr. Domiguez at 3-D?? Can you surf after appropriate healing and PT? At 60 years old, I not looking to go on tour, however still want to be able to surf. I sup already due to back fusion so already disabled Those 52 years of surfing, 13 in Hawaii has taken its toll. All you youngins, START YOGA NOW!!!!!!
 03/16/2020 06:26 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Contact Dr Dean Cole at Advent Health in Orlando. He understands our lifestyle and will repair you accordingly.

-------------------------
I was right.
 03/17/2020 02:00 AM

surfysurfy

Joined Forum: 09/26/2011

I had MACI with Dr. Dominguez. They treat it like a replacement, but instead of replacing, they replace my cartilage with my own lab grown cartilage from an earlier surgery. I am 7 months post opp and got on log this weekend for first time, although thanks to our terrible sand bars it was not really a good go. I would say Dr. D was good, although I am skeptical on how well my knee will ever heal as I thought I would be much further along by now. For reference, I am only 37, so he was wanting to do this over knee replacement at my age.
 03/17/2020 07:51 AM

WaveHog

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Edited: 03/17/2020 at 05:16 PM by WaveHog
 03/17/2020 01:14 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Dr Data did a full knee replacement. Surfing, My leg lost its muscle memory. after 4 months I'm back in the water, I catch a wave and the damn leg isn't where it should be, I had to actively move that leg instead of it moving by instinct. A year later and it's still not %100, I am swimming laps to get it back into some kind of shape. SUP might not have the same problems with what should be an automatic movement but the more often you surf, the quicker its going to get back to normal

-------------------------
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .