Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Brevard beaches "closed" this weekend 11am - 4pm
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2020 02:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2020 02:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

paddleout

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

At least they are leaving dawn and dusk patrol open.. :/

http://www.clickorlando.com/ne...to-all-public-beaches/
 03/26/2020 03:33 PM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

"County officials said any efforts to access the beaches through dunes is prohibited and will be enforced. People will be asked to leave if they are on the beach during the restricted hours but if they refuse they could be arrested, Lober said" What if if we're in the ocean? That's not "on the beach".
 03/27/2020 02:54 AM

Ripper65

Joined Forum: 12/08/2003

Or....what about the bums sitting up under the Pavilion's(IHB)? .......and taking showers and all that good stuff?
They are not on the beach, so I guess it's ok......?

-------------------------

Well then...........DO IT!!!
 03/27/2020 06:22 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes Ripper there needs to be an addendum to address bums, hobos, and other citizens that otherwise call the the beach home.

Also say you are having a sweet sesh, just killing it and the 11 am bell rings? Do you:

A. Paddle in and go home?
B. Fight the power!

Edited: 03/27/2020 at 06:27 AM by Greensleeves
 03/27/2020 06:39 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

i doubt they are swimming out to anyone in the water making us leave for our little swell and offshores tomorrow. however, if you are in the water past 11 and want to leave, you have to cross the closed beach and either user the closed crossover or the forbidden dunes to leave. hah
 03/27/2020 06:44 AM

Greensleeves

Wait there's gonna be waves tomorrow? Joy! High tide streets $itches!

Edited: 03/27/2020 at 06:44 AM by Greensleeves
 03/27/2020 06:59 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

SURFER POWER!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/27/2020 07:21 AM

RiddleMe

swell height on the 120 is 6.9 at 11.4 and 3.6 at 12 on the 20 now. so maybe!
 03/27/2020 07:47 AM

Greensleeves

Just got a report. 3 foot sets!
 03/27/2020 09:04 AM

RiddleMe

well the beach closings will not be enforced. county commissioners voted 3-2 not to enforce and told sheriff not to enforce. city beaches will be depending
 03/27/2020 11:07 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Just got a report. 3 foot sets!

Yep, the spot looks fun. But there will still be plenty for the evening session. I'll look for you are he Nuts.

I was right.
 03/27/2020 11:07 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

well the beach closings will not be enforced. county commissioners voted
3-2 not to enforce and told sheriff not to enforce. city beaches will be depending

Cocoa Beach cops will eject you.

I was right.
 03/27/2020 11:46 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

THAT is good news RiddleMe!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/27/2020 11:48 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Some 6' faces down south here. Need a wind switch for some evening ripp'in! yeeeHa

ola ~

03/27/2020 12:12 PM

mp2115

Joined Forum: 05/29/2009

I assume Spanish will be packed tomorrow. IRC all beaches are closed.
 03/27/2020 12:49 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

From PR:

Jajaja we have 79 cases and 3 deaths here, the thing about this island is the testing results are taking forever and I have seen people in the supermarkets and pharmacies without masks of with not properly fitted ones. Starting next week the governor upped the curfew from 7pm-5am and you can only go out for essentials. Cars with plates ending in even numbers will transit Mon, Wed and Fri. Cars with plates ending in odd numbers Tues, Thurs and Saturday. No one is to be out on Sunday unless it's an emergency. Fines of $5k and minor felony with a possibility of 6 months in prison are currently being applied. Some surfers in Rincon, where your co worker is probably going have been arrested. He will not be able to surf. Hell, I know spots I can surf that police aren't probably going to even look but I am not risking it.

Dora Hates You
 03/27/2020 12:52 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: dingpatch

From PR:

Jajaja we have 79 cases and 3 deaths here, the thing about this island is the testing results are taking forever and I have seen people in the supermarkets and pharmacies without masks of with not properly fitted ones. Starting next week the governor upped the curfew from 7pm-5am and you can only go out for essentials. Cars with plates ending in even numbers will transit Mon, Wed and Fri. Cars with plates ending in odd numbers Tues, Thurs and Saturday. No one is to be out on Sunday unless it's an emergency. Fines of $5k and minor felony with a possibility of 6 months in prison are currently being applied. Some surfers in Rincon, where your co worker is probably going have been arrested. He will not be able to surf. Hell, I know spots I can surf that police aren't probably going to even look but I am not risking it.

Might as well bail for Florida where there are no real restrictions...

I was right.
 03/27/2020 02:03 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Melbourne Beach now has two new (and one continuing) restrictions -
- (new restriction) Street parking is prohibited in residential areas except for 1) those visiting a house (with the resident's permission; visitors must be at the house, not the beach, and must be parked at the house, not down the street), 2) workers (landscapers, builders, etc who must also be parked at the house) and 3) residents (also, at their house). Note that there are no time periods on this restriction. Parking is prohibited (with the exceptions noted earlier) PERIOD;
- (new restriction) Beaches and beach accesses will be closed beginning Fri (March 27, ie today) thru Sunday (March 29) from 11 AM to 4 PM. As always, there is no parking at the store lot (Saver's, Supermarket, etc). They own the lot and, while they don't want to antagonize any potential customers, they can tow and may start if they have nowhere for their customers;
- (continuing restriction) Parking areas at the beach (Ocean Park, end of street parks, etc) are closed to vehicles. In order to access the beach, you must be on foot or bike. No cars or golf carts or GEMs or any other motorized vehicle. Also, group size limits, separation, etc still apply.

On Monday, we will evaluate whether to continue these restrictions, whether additional ones may be required, etc.

The same type of restrictions apply to Indialantic, Satellite Beach and Cocoa Beach. They do not currently apply to the County, Melbourne, IHB or Cape Canaveral. I cannot answer for PAFB.

These actions were not taken lightly. (Obviously, I surf, too.) I have explained previously all the factors that went into this decision. The bottom line is that we are in a serious situation and we don't want it to explode. dingpatch and others have detailed their health issues over the past year or so, health issues that put them in a "special" situation. They are our friends and family and are most at risk and we are trying to help protect them, our parents, and, yes, old farts like me. Please take the situation seriously. Hopefully, we can look back in a few months and say we overreacted. That is only likely if we are vigilant now. See you in the surf early tomorrow.
 03/27/2020 03:15 PM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

"Mucho" garcia! 1st- Thank you for serving our community (brah)! Also, for the update. All we need is the information, ever. Gracias Sir!

ola ~

03/27/2020 04:18 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

denada, amigo (and that about all I got, except for the key phrase - "Mas cervesa, por favor! ?Quanto es? Gracias!")
FORUMS : Surfing : Brevard beaches "closed" this weekend 11am - 4pm

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .