Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Brevard County Commissioner
Topic Summary: Curt Smith Idiotic Response to Brevard Issues
Created On: 05/06/2020 08:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2020 08:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Consider what we know about the impact this virus has on clotting factor this has on some people in regards to stroke/heart attack, even asymptomatic people. Talk about really confounding numbers and counts.
 05/07/2020 10:15 AM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

And a covid discussion "no I really know the facts" spawns......

Let's not get carried away about being spot on. I support the soft opening, but packing hotels right away should not be part of phase 1 right out of the gate.

The other one not addressed was the situation THEY created with closing beach parking yet allowing road parking to get out-of-control with no enforcement.

The crosswalks already have their own debate going. Again the point is ol Curt feels he has no stake in trying to resolve this as your county rep. Sat Beach I know did ask for crosswalks, no doubt. But they have little/no say in the design, placement and implementation. I agree they have tried to pass the buck and slip responsibility. At the heart of this issue, regardless of how we got here, this all falls squarely on the FDOT.

As stated, in short, we are poorly represented, but that certainly does not stop with Brevard county. Back to debating an endless topic of opinions disguised as facts.
 05/07/2020 10:41 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I was pretty happy the police did not get involved with the parking along A1A in southern Brevard. Even at Spanny on the busy days it was crowded but not "out of control."

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/07/2020 12:31 PM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

I guess if you're one of the ones illegally parking on the side of the road and accessing a beach that they are trying to keep people from gaining access to, you would be happy.

But practically speaking, closing a beach park (Bonsteel, Ponce, Spessard) but then allowing as many or more cars than the beach park holds to park on the side of the road is completely asinine. Especially with cars going 45 mph or more on A1A while there's a bunch of people opening doors into the road, having their little kids walking along A1A with no oversight etc. whatev.
 05/07/2020 12:53 PM

Bald Brother

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"PPE and microbiological ignorance is off the chain right now"... as is the ability to understand data

Bald Brother

"Surfing is prayer of a high order, the sea a beautiful church, the wave a silent sermon"
Tom Blake
 05/07/2020 01:27 PM

daner

Fortunately the Police and Park rangers are more understanding than you are. BTW on the south side of the inlet people park alongside A1A all the time when the Park is open-same speed limit.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Edited: 05/07/2020 at 01:28 PM by daner
 05/07/2020 02:43 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: sfds And a covid discussion "no I really know the facts" spawns...... .
I beleeve riddler, he really says he know the facts, and he sound serious like a real doctor, so it must be so. /end thread.
 05/07/2020 03:53 PM

daner

Actually. Everyone knows the "facts." Just what color glasses you wear determines your outlook.

Edited: 05/07/2020 at 03:54 PM by daner
 05/07/2020 04:53 PM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

NSR

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 05/07/2020 07:06 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Auto crashes are not contagious.
    So far, Florida's covid-19 deaths have been heavily weighed toward elderly nursing home residents.
    It may be slightly reassuring that the dead were mostly already in bad shape. Maybe also that younger victims tend to be working in low-wage jobs (think of the steak and hamburger shortage). But there are enough cases of young people being killed or losing their health to give pause. Cases of stroke are particularly creepy
    Florida's death rate began decreasing because people self-quarantined and were careful when they went shopping or went out for exercise or sunlight. I fled supermarkets a couple of times because of too many people.
    While it seems reasonable to open up a bit (I've been to two supermarkets, local bookstore, dentists, foot doctor in the past couple of days), I'm willing to bet that local cases will soon increase. It's time to hunker down.
    The CDC's statistics and estimates have come under attack. CDC, for starters, keeps the nation's vital statistics. They get a copy of every death certificate in the country. It takes a while to sort them out, so they provide preliminary results (which are marked), estimates, and later on, final results, which sometimes have flaws (in January and February, covids-19 was not well known and later on, a lot of probable victims died at home and tests weren't done to provide firm cause of death). CDC has estimation procedures, worked out from years of handling flu, and its figures, with uncertainties, are honest.
    A pretty simple, powerful tool for checking what's going on is "excess deaths." CDC has estimates of how many deaths to expect, by state, for for the entire cycle of the year. Right now, in some states, spikes in excess death stand out. New York especially. Florida not so much. The New York Times has compiled their own graphs as part of their free covids coverage. By the way, Stalin's Soviet Union had honest census data, so historians were able to use a variant on "excess deaths", looking at age cohorts for missing people, to determine the Soviet Union's loss of population during World War II. My recollection is that around 35 million people were missing. The official figure had been 20 million, enough to be shocking, but far short of reality.

Edited: 05/07/2020 at 07:13 PM by ww
 05/08/2020 10:55 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Regardless of your political affiliations, wether the "controversial" death rate is .02% or 5.9% is only interesting and otherwise moot when you consider what the current critical infection rate has done to our health system.

So, perhaps in a year, or so, all of the actual, factual, data will reveal that a .02% death rate is valid (which is twice that of flu). BUT, that in and of itself will do nothing to discount the overwhelming effect COVID-19 is having on our health system.

OK, full steam ahead, let's get the economy going again but, only if we double or triple the number of ICU beads in every hospital. Then again, where are the additional/extra/new health workers going to come from? How long does it take an unemployed burger jockey to become a RN?

Dora Hates You

Edited: 05/08/2020 at 12:38 PM by dingpatch
 05/08/2020 11:23 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: sfds

And a covid discussion "no I really know the facts" spawns......

I beleeve riddler, he really says he know the facts, and he sound serious like a real doctor, so it must be so. /end thread.

oh look, the troll being a troll. wrong board dipshit, take it to nsr
 05/08/2020 03:07 PM

scombrid

Currently less than.02% are dying from it.
Infection fatality rate is far higher than that.

05/08/2020 03:10 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Quadro Tom's CDC link. You know the CDC who said millions would be dying according to their "models". https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...dates/cases-in-us.html Agree the number of cases is WAAAAAY under-reported, the number of deaths is misleading and WAAAAAAY over-reported. BTW public service announcement if you wear a mask without eye protection, you are not protected from this virus.
Mask is to help you keep the funk to yourself.

05/08/2020 03:57 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: RiddleMe
Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry
Originally posted by: sfds And a covid discussion "no I really know the facts" spawns...... .
oh look, the troll being a troll. wrong board dipshit, take it to nsr
NOW - if i agree with you , i'm a troll? yeah that makes sense.
 05/08/2020 05:56 PM

RiddleMe

come on man, that was transparent. nice try though and keep it on nsr
 05/09/2020 03:45 AM

StirfryMcflurry

But.... I can't prop you up on NSR. I try to be nice, and you get in your feelings. Geez.
 05/09/2020 04:45 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: daner Fortunately the Police and Park rangers are more understanding than you are. BTW on the south side of the inlet people park alongside A1A all the time when the Park is open-same speed limit.
In reply to: (I guess if you're one of the ones illegally parking on the side of the road and accessing a beach that they are trying to keep people from gaining access to, you would be happy. But practically speaking, closing a beach park (Bonsteel, Ponce, Spessard) but then allowing as many or more cars than the beach park holds to park on the side of the road is completely asinine. Especially with cars going 45 mph or more on A1A while there's a bunch of people opening doors into the road, having their little kids walking along A1A with no oversight etc. whatev.)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- but daner-- that stretch of A1A over on your side of the Inlet used all the time by mostly beach Anglers, has relief from the easement of some 10-15 yrds, where the Spanny and ''Billie's'' roadside cluster--- is right up against the edge of the pavement with kids and open vehicle doors encroaching into traffic like a cartoon. I had a couple small kids come chasing each other around their suv up a car length ahead right onto the hwy around Billie's couple a week ago, the Powerwagon in front of me somewhat overreacted and swerved across the centerline to avoid runn'n'm down, forcing the on coming guy who was fortunately paying attention to also avoid taking a head-on by swerving outta dudes way onto his shoulder. FUUU--!! I am pretty confused by the inconsistency of Law Enforcements' handling of all that bs parking alongside the road bs. Did I say bs?! You gotta be able to actually, 'see', outta those glasses your looking through at the same thing everybody else is mate~~

ola ~

Edited: 05/09/2020 at 04:54 AM by equipeola
 05/09/2020 05:11 AM

dingpatch

Call BS on the Commisioner's "Currently less than.02% are dying from it." statement. Tell him to figure out how many COVID-19 cases there would have to be for 76,801 deaths to equal only ".02%".

Perhaps a lot of people don't know how to deal with simple percentages. The presumed total population of the USA is 333,546,000. So, .02% of that number is only 66,709 deaths. Compare that to the assumed .01% death rate for common "Flu".

To make it easy to understand, , , ,

.02% of 333,546,000 is 66,709

.2% of 333,546,000 is 667,092

2% of 333,546,000 would be 6,670,920

Dora Hates You

Edited: 05/09/2020 at 05:29 AM by dingpatch
 05/09/2020 06:44 AM

daner

I never said the parking wasnt hazardous dude. FYI They park on both sides of A1A to the south. One side has some lots to pull off but many park in areas right along the side and when MH is firing woo hoo it's just like Spanny was last week. When I see that I slow down. Drive defensively and you may avoid "other people over reacting" lol

But I agree the roadside parking is more dangerous. Unfortunately the govt closed the safe places to park and surfing was allowed and us moron surfers had no choice. The police understood I guss.

Edited: 05/09/2020 at 06:57 AM by daner
FORUMS : Surfing : Brevard County Commissioner

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .