Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Your surf travel plans, , , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/05/2020 01:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/05/2020 01:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Oct. 1 will be a day of reckoning for the airline industry. It's when major carriers will be allowed to lay off employees under the terms of a federal bailout, and many early ticket buyers are worried their flights may not exist. The Post asked industry experts whether it's risky to book a flight for the fall. Expect "an adventure," one of them warned. (Safety wise, experts caution against non-emergency flights.)

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 08/05/2020 03:06 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Yep. My brother (and his wife) both work for an airline... He's on his 2nd 2 month "furlough" and has been with them for almost 18 years..... he told me October is judgement day to see what airlines are toast and which ones arent.... he's hoping his seniority keeps him around (at least for two more years
 08/05/2020 06:15 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It does not look good. I trust airlines about as much as inmates. I appreciate the government keeping them afloat instead of watching them wither, but this pandemic is getting worse, not better and there are people today that are trying to fly without a mask. At some point, they are going the way of the cruise ship.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/06/2020 02:16 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Why fly , when you can drive :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUestA2pdWs (Ofcorse wearing a 5 mil with booties ,gloves and hood is hardly my idea of vacation paradise )
 08/06/2020 02:48 PM

Plan B

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER Why fly , when you can drive
because I dont think that even the General Lee could make the jump from LA to Haleiwa
 08/06/2020 03:10 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Took me awhile to get the " Dukes " reference , I was wondering what you were on about. Long commute to Canada even with out those " Duke Boys " ( Like your demented sense of humor ! )

Edited: 08/06/2020 at 03:28 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 08/07/2020 06:23 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The Covid roscoe p Coltrane is putting the kybosh on the far range General Lee flight plans. Also, the general lee is now the john Lewis.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/07/2020 05:42 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Finally ready to go, but nobody will let us in. Remember a short time ago when nobody would go to Nicaragua?

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/07/2020 05:59 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

I have planned a few trips for surfers going to Mexico. Flights to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta are cheap. PM me for options.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 08/08/2020 03:23 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I've lately flown with Frontier (dubious) and Southwest (pretty confident, with middle seats kept open). Very cheap fares available to California. On Southwest, you can fly to San Diego or Orange County for $160 round trip with a good flight schedule, Los Angeles a bit less. Greg's suggestion of Cabo and Puerto Vallarta sounds worth checking.
 08/08/2020 03:46 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

STEP Notification:

Do not travel to Nicaragua due to COVID-19. Reconsider travel to Nicaragua due tocivil unrest, crime, limited healthcare availability, and arbitrary enforcement of laws.

Travelers to Nicaragua may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within Nicaragua due to COVID-19. Visit the Embassy'sCOVID-19 pagefor more information on COVID-19 in Nicaragua.

Throughout Nicaragua, armed and violent uniformed police or civilians in plain clothes acting as police ("para-police") continue to target anyone considered to be in opposition to the rule of President Ortega. The government and its affiliated armed groups have been reported to:
. Arbitrarily detain pro-democracy protestors, with credible claims of torture and disappearances.
. Systematically target opposition figures, including clergy, human rights advocates, and members of the press.
. Prevent certain individuals from departing Nicaragua by air or land.
. Seize private property.
. Arbitrarily search personal phones and computers for anti-government content.
. Arbitrarily detain certain individuals with unfounded charges of terrorism, money laundering, and organized crime.
These police and para-police groups often cover their faces, sometimes operate in groups numbering in the hundreds, and use unmarked vehicles.

Rallies and demonstrations in opposition to the rule of President Ortega have been declared unlawful, but nevertheless have occurred. Government forces, uniformed police, and para-police have attacked peaceful demonstrators leading to significant numbers of arrests, injuries, and deaths. Looting, vandalism, and arson have occurred during unrest.

Government hospitals are understaffed. Some hospitals throughout the country may not be able to assist in emergencies. Ambulances have reportedly refused to respond or have been denied access to areas with individuals needing emergency care.

Travelers should be alert to the risks of violent crime, such as sexual assault and armed robbery.

Poor infrastructure in parts of the country limit the Embassy's ability to assist U.S. citizens in emergencies. U.S. government personnel must avoid demonstrations. Additional restrictions on movements by U.S. government personnel may be put in place at any time, depending on local circumstances and security conditions, which can change suddenly

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/08/2020 05:15 PM

surfersensei

Joined Forum: 12/02/2003

Another paradise lost. I was there with a friend just as the civil unrest started a couple of years ago. We barely made it out before they shut down everything. We were at a resort catering to selling surf properties to gringos. another good reason not to buy property overseas.
 08/08/2020 07:26 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Note that the State Department's advice on civil unrest in Nicaragua is "reconsider" rather than "do not travel". I would not exactly want to go (there is a possiblility for next year), but there's lots of "reconsider" places. I subscribe to La Prensa to try to improve my Spanish and support the main opposition paper.

Edited: 08/08/2020 at 07:28 PM by ww
 08/08/2020 08:26 PM

JOESTRUMMER

I am sure the " General " can get to Nicaragua on " Moonshine" alone , but probably better if they would switch to Tequila ,once south of the boarder.

Edited: 08/08/2020 at 08:28 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 08/09/2020 05:26 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, , , , it is not a matter of "where" you want to go, it is a matter of "how are you going to get there"? On/after October 1 the airline industry could look like it did 25+ years ago except with even less options in regard to flights and destinations.

Delta may not come back to MLB and the rest, if they stay, will only be a couple flights a week. Many, many, flights out of MCO will only be to "Hubs"; fly to XXX and take the bus to YYY! Many small/smaller airports will have No flights for years to come. We will see a very grim look into the future by the time the Thanksgiving travel "season" begins.

Dora Hates You
 08/09/2020 05:30 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

if you really wanna go somewhere you can get there
 08/11/2020 04:43 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

You can't STOP el General!
 08/11/2020 07:07 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

I am not returning to plane flight for a while...going to put a ton of miles on the truck instead...would be great to chase a 'cane in the Panhandle then continue driving to Waco....I find a certain "peace" when driving long distances...far away from the office....Or chase a swell North up to Hatteras...I feel safe in my bubble, all alone and gas is reasonably priced.

Edited: 08/11/2020 at 07:08 AM by SurferMic
 08/11/2020 07:35 AM

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

Originally posted by: SurferMic I am not returning to plane flight for a while...going to put a ton of miles on the truck instead...would be great to chase a 'cane in the Panhandle then continue driving to Waco....I find a certain "peace" when driving long distances...far away from the office....Or chase a swell North up to Hatteras...I feel safe in my bubble, all alone and gas is reasonably priced.
Heard surfermic!!! Just purchased 2020 Nissan van!! Woot Woot!!! El Tortuga!!!!
 08/11/2020 07:42 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: SurferMic I am not returning to plane flight for a while...going to put a ton of miles on the truck instead...would be great to chase a 'cane in the Panhandle then continue driving to Waco....I find a certain "peace" when driving long distances...far away from the office....Or chase a swell North up to Hatteras...I feel safe in my bubble, all alone and gas is reasonably priced.
Yep, been considering upgrading the truck for this reason
FORUMS : Surfing : Your surf travel plans, , , , ,

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .