Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: From super surfer to supermodel: Olympic star Caroline Marks in Sports Illustrated at 18
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2020 12:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2020 12:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

From super surfer to supermodel: Olympic star Caroline Marks in Sports Illustrated at 18

https://www.floridatoday.com/s...Thumbnails-TaboolaFeed
 08/11/2020 02:19 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yep, she sure is a "looker" but, her eyes are what will "sell" her. Well that, and a win at the Olympics!!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 08/12/2020 03:50 AM

Central Floridave

To get past the Florida Today paywall, just copy the link and open in another browser. Or, if don't mind losing browser cache, purge that.
 08/12/2020 05:15 AM

Greensleeves

She's on lock for a couple of world championships. In my opinion only Tyler comes close to her shred. Steph got judges sympathy a couple times last year or Caroline would have won the title already. The kind of recent footage from her at chopes shows she is even leveling up.

As an aside, and though no one needs proof that FL women are amazing at surfing, saw Frieda Zamba last week at Tables on the good day (Monday?) and she was killing it. Put herself in some tubes and destroyed some lips. She's over 50?!?! Ripper.

FL today trying to step up. Prayer March photos and coverage
 08/12/2020 05:41 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

She's on lock for a couple of world championships. In my opinion only Tyler comes close to her shred. Steph got judges sympathy a couple times last year or Caroline would have won the title already. The kind of recent footage from her at chopes shows she is even leveling up.

As an aside, and though no one needs proof that FL women are amazing at surfing, saw Frieda Zamba last week at Tables on the good day (Monday?) and she was killing it. Put herself in some tubes and destroyed some lips. She's over 50?!?! Ripper.

FL today trying to step up. Prayer March photos and coverage

Zamba paddled out at Millennium a few years ago and showed everyone out there how its done.

08/12/2020 07:01 AM

Cole

If someone tells me I surf like a girl, my reply will be, "Thank you!"

I was right.
 08/12/2020 08:04 AM

Greensleeves

Tattoo and Cole, Exactly! Proud to be part of such a talented place.

Further, as an older person I feel it's my duty to make lineups fun, good, and a learning experience for groms and up-and-comers! I get my waves. I'm a lot happier sharing and that kind of stuff as I've aged. The mean streak is still there but reserved for jacka$$es.

Edited: 08/12/2020 at 08:04 AM by Greensleeves
 08/13/2020 04:42 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Tattoo and Cole, Exactly! Proud to be part of such a talented place.

Further, as an older person I feel it's my duty to make lineups fun, good, and a learning experience for groms and up-and-comers! I get my waves. I'm a lot happier sharing and that kind of stuff as I've aged. The mean streak is still there but reserved for jacka$$es.

My son and I were sharing a fun little local peak next to 40 loggers and teaching his friend to surf. After a few long lefts, a kayak dude paddles 200 yards down the beach to buoy us and take all the set waves. Yes I am old and yes, I am patient, but fricken really? Long story short, he paddled off in a huff. Shortly after we were joined by McLaren and ripper John and the session ended on a high note.

I was right.
 08/13/2020 04:46 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

would rather surf next to 5 kayak dudes
rather than that disrespectful foul mouthed backwards riding ass
 08/13/2020 05:26 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Originally posted by: Cole My son and I were sharing a fun little local peak next to 40 loggers and teaching his friend to surf. After a few long lefts, a kayak dude paddles 200 yards down the beach to buoy us and take all the set waves. Yes I am old and yes, I am patient, but fricken really? Long story short, he paddled off in a huff. Shortly after we were joined by McLaren and ripper John and the session ended on a high note.
If this is in the Coconuts area, I may have seen the same guy. Doesn't really bother me but noticed that he covers a lot of ground, often abandoning better breaking peaks in the process.

Back on topic, Caroline rips. Got a lot of power in those legs which is rare in Women's surfing.

Edited: 08/13/2020 at 05:26 AM by seaspray
 08/13/2020 06:10 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: seaspray

Originally posted by: Cole

My son and I were sharing a fun little local peak next to 40 loggers and teaching his friend to surf. After a few long lefts, a kayak dude paddles 200 yards down the beach to buoy us and take all the set waves. Yes I am old and yes, I am patient, but fricken really? Long story short, he paddled off in a huff. Shortly after we were joined by McLaren and ripper John and the session ended on a high note.

If this is in the Coconuts area, I may have seen the same guy. Doesn't really bother me but noticed that he covers a lot of ground, often abandoning better breaking peaks in the process.

Back on topic, Caroline rips. Got a lot of power in those legs which is rare in Women's surfing.

Yep, same area. He saw us click a few off and zip, here he was. He lined up 20 yards outside of me and tossed the anchor. Nope, not gonna work. Move along buddy, move along.

LOL!

She sure looks like she's having fun.

I was right.
 08/13/2020 09:46 AM

Greensleeves

Psychic Surf Swami gets people going. I find him to be unique and refreshing in his views/unpredictability. Definitely the classic fun surf personality. Riding backwards on a board or through life ain't easy. We get to surf with a lot of great people around here. Sure there are a couple of pain in the a$$ people but on the whole pretty delightful. Maybe next week we re-adjourn for some more sand wedges?
 08/13/2020 03:33 PM

Cole

Maybe next week we re-adjourn for some more sand wedges?

It was jammin the first day with no one around. Four of us for four hours in head high plus peaks.

I was right.
 08/13/2020 08:48 PM

Greensleeves

Sickness! I surfed Tables a lot. But oh the streets!
 08/17/2020 12:05 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

If someone tells me I surf like a girl, my reply will be, "Thank you!"

Doesn't she have a "surf like a girl" sticker on one of her boards...lol

That's awesome, congrats and good luck Caroline!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/17/2020 03:47 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Originally posted by: GreenLantern

Dave,

You nailed it! Biggest Bass-Turd ever. Still bitter over his wife leaving him for Balsa Bill.

I was in the water last year with (the young) RiverMan who exclaimed that the aforementioned backwards riding Bass-Turd was the most hateful surfer he has ever been in the water with.

Ride on!

08/18/2020 03:15 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-rXEMFuB40
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .