Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How soon back to surfing after skin doc
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/09/2020 09:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/10/2020 06:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

wow tattoo, gnar! lip here as well. Yes the body heals up pretty good doesn't it?

All the warnings about infection are good be careful. My friend that got MRSA in his shark bite was close to losing his foot.
 09/10/2020 06:51 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

wow tattoo, gnar! lip here as well. Yes the body heals up pretty good doesn't it?

All the warnings about infection are good be careful. My friend that got MRSA in his shark bite was close to losing his foot.

YES I was mortified when I got home and really had a chance to look at it. They didn't stitch it up or anything, just a giant cauterized hole. I swore I was going to be deformed for life, but it healed back up perfect, or pretty damn close thankfully.

09/10/2020 06:55 AM

Greensleeves

Nice! I know, no one digs damage to the money maker! Unless you're a pirate or a Hun.
 09/10/2020 09:09 AM

sw

Joined Forum: 10/13/2005

WOOHOO!! Completely stoked! Just got back from the derm and spent some time talking with the doc before the surgery asking questions about what I would be able to do and when. He said he was going to use internal stitches and zip it up real good knowing that I'm an active person and he said the dressing would be totally waterproof and not need to be changed as it would stay on by itself for up to two weeks. (Before they put on the steri strips they put some kind of glue on my back first to make sure the strips would stick extra tight). He said when the dressing falls off on its own then I was done. He said as far as the stitches go, he gave me only about a 1% chance of pulling them out, and if I did, he'd restitch me for free =). So to sum things up, he cleared me for a return to all normal activities immediately...he basically said, "Have fun surfing"!!
 09/10/2020 10:57 AM

Quadro

Joined Forum: 11/14/2017

Get some WoundSeal Powder from CVS. Bonds to the blood which seals the wound, keeps out the bugs and supports healing. I use it on any cut or scrape. They use a version in the hospital for central catheters.
 09/10/2020 11:00 AM

Greensleeves

Very good sw!!!
 09/10/2020 02:28 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

Nice recovery forecast! I would get some Opsite dressing and add an extra layer of waterproofing......The link is for a roll but they also sell precut patches. 4 X 4 1/2"
 09/11/2020 05:54 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The only person who ever commented on my scarred nose from a basal cell surgery was a plastic surgeon who called it "a good job". The ear lobe that's mostly missing due to a squamous, no one notices. Unrelated problem, the lower left leg has developed thin skin with old age, now suffers hard-to-heal shallow scrapes easily. Remedy is neoprene socks and a neoprene sleeve intended for "swim run" events to protect your legs from "rocks, brambles and brush". It's better to be young.

Edited: 09/12/2020 at 02:59 AM by ww
 09/13/2020 06:10 PM

johnnyboy

Holy sheeT. My horror story isn't even close to that. 47 external and 7'internal below the eye for a basal cell. I think I have another on the bridge of my nose and I need to get it looked at.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

FORUMS : Surfing : How soon back to surfing after skin doc

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .